The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Take it with salt....

"Horsjeu: Grenier has reached an agreement with Arsenal. Gourcuff could follow. Coquelin & Gerinvho the other way...."

-Arsenal midfielder Arsene Wenger has admitted his interest in signing Lyon's 22-year-old midfielder Clement Grenier. (LOL ahh the rumor mill)

-Lyon have made an approach to Arsenal to take 25-year-old forward Gervinho on a season-long loan with a view to a permanent deal. (I can hear the celebrations in North London from here)

As for the rumor, and apparent untrustworthy source - @Horsjeu #ClementGrenier has reached a preagreement contract with #Arsenal . #Gourcuff could follow. #Gervinho and #Coquelin coul go the opposite way

Arsenal set to announce the signings of Julio Pleguezuelo Selva and Daniel Crowley in the coming days along with Sanago (@AFCAcademy)

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/0...es-sublime-free-kick-for-lyon-against-rennes/

Dortmund also still very interested in signing Ajax's Christian Eriksen on top, according to Bild.

Last edited:
Zaha overdribbles imo. He'll learn though. Kid is gonna be :pimp:

Watford keeper :pimp:

I don't know man....I think that last shot he had on goal, was from a not soo great pass which the ball came from behind him, instead of just to his right...

But his dribbling at defenders shows strong confidence....good for the kid...

He seems to have a bit more variety of action than Young lol

It's official PALACE are into the Premier League...

That's a 120m pound injection into Crystal Palace....

Welcome back, Ian Holloway. Looking forward to your antics next year.

First complaints on the way down will be that owners didn't want to allow him to have a real go....didn't allow him to buy the players he wanted to....or invest in the club properly....

Now school me right quick, does Crystal get to use that money to get new players? Or is a majority of it going to the owners?

Now school me right quick, does Crystal get to use that money to get new players? Or is a majority of it going to the owners?

THe money is generally a combination of prize money from Championship, estimated new income from tv rights of Prem League (remember, on average, wages from the Championship to Prem are around double), and sponsorship prize money.

The money goes to the club, in which they can use however they see fit. Players, wages, infrastructure, debt, owners....however.

It's not easy though, cause it sounds like a lot of money, but it's not, the quality of incoming players has to increase, and often these clubs have MUCH smaller grounds, which means they're not able to get in as many fans (revenue) into the grounds. All you can do is pray for a Norwich or Swansea situation....

interesting...plus add the zaha money that united gave them, they should make noise during the transfer market. If they can hit big like swansea, they can be lower middle table hopefully.

Correction...I just heard...

It's more than 120m

The 120 is from the premier league....60m up front....and another 60m as parachute money if they get relegated.

Either way, they can use it however they like.

So when you add on the extra money they'll get from their sponsors etc...it ends up being a real decent amount of cash.

Last edited:
Bale and Ronaldo playing opposite wings, the physicality and speed would be :smokin. Can't wait to watch that if it happens.

Real would still need a striker tho, the Spanish papers are driving Real to bid for Luiz Suarez, after Higuian leaves.

Back
Top Bottom