The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

How'd you guys about deciding on a team to root for? I'm trying to become more dedicated to watching soccer but I only really know the main teams from Europe. I used to watch Chelsea play on occasion bc Drogba is one of my favorite players but ever since he left I've just kinda watched games sparingly.. I'm a big Chicharito fan so Man U seems like a good team to root for but then again I want to choose a team and stick with them for the long haul.

Last edited:
^Im a timbers fan at heart. Born and raised in Oregon. My roommate put me onto soccer in 06 during the World Cup and enjoyed watching Cristiano. So I've liked United since then

Well, your opinion is flat out wrong. Chelsea isn't on the level of Bayern, or Barca, or United, or Madrid. But it's certainly on the next tier after them.
. Why do all of Liverpool and Arsenal's best players keep leaving for better clubs then? :nerd: All that consistency and history didn't keep RVP did it? Or Fabregas. Or Song. Or Alonso. Or Mascherano. Or Torres. And eventually Suarez.

:rofl:
Only person to leave was Torres, and you guys were foolish enough to go ahead and pick him up. How is that working out for you ?The Suarez situation is being hyped up, but I'm sure if RM or Barca expressed any interest in Hazard, Oscar, or Mata you would see how fast they would leave so hush up. Liverpool is in a rebuilding stage and our current ownership isn't that great, but at least we have history and the last I checked, we held our own against your so called "elite" club. LOL@ chelsea being in a higher tier than all the clubs mentioned above. You're delusional.

Phil Neville set for return to Manchester United among David Moyes' backroom staff

Phil Neville will return to his old club Manchester United as a coach this summer to join David Moyes' backroom staff, with an announcement expected soon.

The former United player, who came through the club's academy, played for Moyes at Everton for eight years and has had a range of job offers this summer, including a coach's role at Stoke City.

It marks a meteoric rise for the Neville brothers in recent years. Gary Neville is a key figure in Roy Hodgson's staff with the England team. Phil will join coach Jimmy Lumsden and goalkeeping coach Chris Woods as part of Moyes' staff. He will work with Stuart Pearce with the England Under-21s at the European Championship this summer.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...among-david-moyes-backroom-staff-8643015.html

Even though Messi is there, looks like Neymar is becoming the new face of Barca. Messi has like zero personality and no marketability outside of his play on the pitch. Whereas you can tell Neymar has the personality and aura to be highly marketable.

Not to break up the riveting Chelsea discussion, but just wanted to reply to this. The fact that Neymar is a Nike athlete will essentially make him the club pitchman because he can be advertised wearing the kit and Messi can't. That he's insanely marketable just adds to it, and was one of the secondary reasons they got him. But Messi will be the face of the club as long as he's the best player in the world. And us supporters like his clean image and low key personality just fine. He was named second most marketable athlete in the world btw, with Neymar being ranked first. The club's brand value will undoubtedly benefit.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...-world-most-marketable-athlete-185949004.html

Chelsea is an elite club. If you consider the ten biggest clubs in the world to be 'elite,' then there is no doubt Chelsea is among them - regardless of how you feel about how they got there. My only criticism - aside from the fact that they've been funded by a Russian plutocrat - is that the quality of football in the last decade has largely been "**** on a stick," as Valdano put it.

Last edited:
Can they file a petition to get Warrior to stick to Lacrosse and hockey equipment? :x :x :x :x

http://www.footballshirtculture.com...14-warrior-home-and-away-football-shirts.html

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2013/02/liverpool-13-14-home-away-third-shirts.html

The second two Liverpool kits are the most hideous soccer uniforms I have seen in the modern time :lol:

The money must've been that good. Lol.

I like LFC 2nd kit. *Shrugs*

I'm so ready for next season to start.

Just bought tickets to see USA in the Gold Cup here in NY. Gonna grab tickets to see Spain - Ireland at Yanks stadium and the International Cup with Chelsea/AC Milan/Valencia/Inter in August at Metlife.

Bawdy is ready

Marca reporting Mourinho is looking to offload Mata and Torres.

Could just be more propaganda from Marca to make people believe he hates Spaniards lol. No surprise in Torres tho, Mata is the weird assumption.

Last edited:
I wonder if Barca will go from a system centeted atound Messi to a system centeted around Neymar.

Mata is Chelsea best player and I'm a mega Hazard fan.

Gotta be just a bs rumor

Chelsea aren't a club with a historic prestige, only a money club that came out in recent history trying to buy their way to elite level.

Elite Clubs: Man U, Barca, R. Madrid, Milan, Juve, Bayern

throw your bs financial power rankings in the toilets, when the money teams aren't able to buy mercenaries anymore the game will get back to normal and the historic clubs will remain

left out inter & juve

Left out Liverpool. 18 time English champions + 5 European Cups. The also one of the biggest fanbases in the world.

King Kenny reeeeally set them back by blowing that 100m on those crap players and wasting a large chunk of the 50m they got from Torres on Carroll....that's a lot of **** to turn right and yes they suck right now but make no mistake Liverpool are a massive club and should easily be included on anyone's elite club list.

Left out Liverpool. 18 time English champions + 5 European Cups. The also one of the biggest fanbases in the world.

King Kenny reeeeally set them back by blowing that 100m on those crap players and wasting a large chunk of the 50m they got from Torres on Carroll....that's a lot of **** to turn right and yes they suck right now but make no mistake Liverpool are a massive club and should easily be included on anyone's elite club list.
+1 :smokin These cats are forgetting one of the true top clubs of England.

How'd you guys about deciding on a team to root for? I'm trying to become more dedicated to watching soccer but I only really know the main teams from Europe. I used to watch Chelsea play on occasion bc Drogba is one of my favorite players but ever since he left I've just kinda watched games sparingly.. I'm a big Chicharito fan so Man U seems like a good team to root for but then again I want to choose a team and stick with them for the long haul.
I'm a Galaxy fan first. Mainly because in 08 I started going to a lot of their games. Plus I decided that regardless of quality of play, I wanted to support something domestic, so the MLS is cool in my book :smile:

Then I also would say I'm a fan of Hotspur, because I used to love playing with them in FIFA :lol: Keane and Berbatov up top were :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: (having Keane coming to LA was a dream come true, I attended his first game with the Galaxy and I was kinda in shock the entire time :lol: couldn't believe my favorite player had a Galaxy shirt on) plus my parents lived in Tottenham for about 5 years before I was born. Strangely I didn't know about this till after I started decided on my support for Spurs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I became a Real fan when everyone was jocking 'dinho. Got fifa 07 and started destroying people with Madrid. Of course if you used that method now you'd basically just be stuck with Real and Barca to choose from since they're that much better than everyone else.

I think fanhood is something that just comes about though and not something you can force. I'd say just go by a player you like but who knows how long chicharito will even stay in united for and dude doesn't even start.

Next option is to just find a team jersey you like. Reason why Villarreal is my underdog team :lol:

Last edited:
^seriously :lol: literally right when I started following Tottenham Keane left for Liverpool :lol:

Saw a united vs barca game. Van nistelrooy was my favorite striker and the squad was one of the best at the time. Gary Neville, Nicky butt, Paul scholes, giggs, Alan smith, Roy keane. But my favorite player of all time is Thierry Henry. Pretty weird. But he is class.

Back
Top Bottom