The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

So much hype being placed on Neymar right now, Barca pretty much plays for Messi.... I'm not expecting this to play out well, probably worse than how Ibra played out, he might get some shine but it's Messi's teamHe'll probably be unloaded somewhere for cheap next year

Neymar coming to Barca is nothing like the signing of Ibra. Neymar will be fine.

Over the last several years, Neymar has grown into an explosive left forward while playing with Santos. He has shown great passing ability in addition to his scoring capability (not to mention his general touch of the ball).

When it's all clicking for the Barca side, Messi is a beast in the false 9 role. I think Neymar running the left side will do wonders with Messi's ability to drop in & pick up a diagonal pass to score or pass.

By all accounts, Neymar has an great work ethic unlike a lot of young players which makes me confident he will adjust nicely. Add to the fact he couldn't have come to a better club as we have some of the world's best coaches/technical staff.

The one criticism I have of him is that he will need to get stronger & use his attacking offensive nature when defending.

Sure, there will be a period of adjustment, but he will be fine.

BTW, rumors circulating of Zidane coaching if RM can't get Ancelotti....Hmmm...

Last edited:
Fernandinho to Man City.

They are already having a better transfer window than the last 2 years

The one criticism I have of him is that he will need to get stronger & use his attacking offensive nature when defending.

Especially in Champions League play, he might get by in Spain with their weak defenses but he'll need to get stronger as he'll be a major target for defenders in the CL

I've so gotta get everything down before the season starts lol. Premier League starts in August right?

I've so gotta get everything down before the season starts lol. Premier League starts in August right?

If you're worried about becoming a fan of a club by then, I would worry about it too much. I certainly wouldn't stress it. You don't want to over think it, kind of just let it happen.

why the prem league tho? it's hot garbage

what is making you feel the need to find a prem league team to cheer for?

people should support for their home towns or where they have roots...imo

Last edited:
Please stop posting these nonsensical rumors. :stoneface:

Mourinho is going to come in and get rid of a top 5 player in the EPL first thing? Come on people use your brains. Mata just won Chelsea player of the year twice in a row FFS.

Bro, are you going to start crying and *****ing everytime someone posts something about a transfer rumor involving Chelsea?

The football season is over, rumors will be rumors. This is the world of the transfer market, get used to it man. You really have to man up and stop getting so emotional.

Transfer rumors are posted everyday in here, some of them happen some don't. Stop shooting the messengers.

Nobody is crying. Just stop being an idiot and posting rumors that have zero credibility.

why the prem league tho? it's hot garbage

what is making you feel the need to find a prem league team to cheer for?

people should support for their home towns or where they have roots...imo

I don't have a team with any roots over there so I'm rolling with Chelsea bc I've watched a bunch of their games before when Drogba played there.

If you're worried about becoming a fan of a club by then, I would worry about it too much. I certainly wouldn't stress it. You don't want to over think it, kind of just let it happen.

I was just trying to familiarize myself with the rules and how the league works. I didn't know anything about regulation until I just read up on it. All I know is National teams when it comes to soccer haha.

I was just trying to familiarize myself with the rules and how the league works. I didn't know anything about regulation until I just read up on it. All I know is National teams when it comes to soccer haha.

Play some Fifa - That always helps :lol:

Nobody is crying. Just stop being an idiot and posting rumors that have zero credibility.

Are you stupid or is it that time of the month?

If you have an issue with the transfer rumor world. I suggest you e-mail theguadrian.uk, marca.com, abola.pt, or any other national football site. You want to cry about it, go petition them, go call them idiots you lame. :lol:

*Here I'll give you the websites, maybe you can start a movement sooner than later every-time you hear a transfer rumor that makes you run into the kitchen looking for the cranberry juice and motrin.

http://www.marca.com/
http://abola.pt/
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/210564.html#

Be a man and learn to deal with an issue :lol:

Last edited:
It's silly season so we can expect ridiculous stories to be written, but Ibis has a point, in that if we stopped giving credence to these moronic stories that were created in the mind of journos without even the need to pretend that they have a source, we would all be much better off.

A lot of the places that I talk football on the Internet, the rumors are dissected and often times not even discussed when it's something like the ones that Ibis is angry about. I see both sides of the argument, because it's never going to stop, but anyone who reads them and doesn't investigate the original story and the source used for said story, is a fool. If I wanted to read football fanfic, I would go to Tumblr.

It's silly season so we can expect ridiculous stories to be written, but Ibis has a point, in that if we stopped giving credence to these moronic stories that were created in the mind of journos without even the need to pretend that they have a source, we would all be much better off.

A lot of the places that I talk football on the Internet, the rumors are dissected and often times not even discussed when it's something like the ones that Ibis is angry about. I see both sides of the argument, because it's never going to stop, but anyone who reads them and doesn't investigate the original story and the source used for said story, is a fool. If I wanted to read football fanfic, I would go to Tumblr.

I guess we shouldn't post any transfer news then, considering 99% of it is bs.

There's a term across the pond for people who feed into ridiculous rumors - transfer muppets.

In comedic news:

José Mourinho says he had one problem with Cristiano Ronaldo when he coached him at Real Madrid – he thought the world's most expensive player was a bit of a know-it-all.

Asked in an interview with the Spanish television show Punto Pelota why his relationship with Ronaldo had broken down towards the end of last season, Mourinho said the player had not taken criticism well.

"I had only one problem with him, very simple, very basic, which was when a coach criticizes a player from a tactical viewpoint trying to improve what in my view could have been improved," he said. "And at that moment he didn't take it very well because maybe he thinks he knows everything and the coach cannot help him to develop more.

LOL

Roberto Martinez being the manager of Everton is a great thing, always had tons of respect for the man.

Good luck, against all teams except us. :smokin

Neymar was recently in the Nike Koston 2 ad along with Tiger, Kyrie Irving, & Allyson Felix among others....

Official images of the new Man U kit hit Nike Inc...

Really don't understand how Lewandowski can come through playing for BVB and "dream" of playing for it's bitter rival club. :smh: That's like a Yankee player dreaming of playing for the Red Sox.

Lewandowski talks of 'dream' move

SHARE THIS STORY

UPDATED JUN 5, 2013 7:56 AM ET

Robert Lewandowski has confirmed his desire to leave Borussia Dortmund as his long-mooted move to Bayern Munich appeared to move a step closer.

ON HIS WAY OUT?
Nani time with Manchester United could be up. Find out in the latest Rumor Redux.

The Poland striker did not mention Bayern by name but told Sport Bild magazine he was keen for a move to his "dream club" to happen this month rather than playing out the final year of his contract with Dortmund.

Lewandowski, 24, has reportedly already agreed terms with Bayern, and will join next summer if not this.

"I expect everything to be cleared up now so that I will be allowed to move to my dream club this summer," he said.

"That would be the best for everybody involved."

Should Lewandowski move to the European and Bundesliga champions, he would follow team-mate Mario Gotze, whose controversial transfer was confirmed just prior to Dortmund's Champions League semi-final tie with Real Madrid.

His loss would therefore be a second major blow to the 2011 and 2012 Bundesliga champions as they bid to keep up with record-breaking Bayern next season.

Lewandowski says his preference to leave is not because he is unhappy in Dortmund.

"Dortmund are a fantastic club whom I will always admire," he said.

"It's just now I want a new challenge for my future."

Back
Top Bottom