The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Hooper? You guys here have a big opinion on the dude, Hope he gets an EPL move soon

He will only get better...Arsenal could probably sign him and Victor for £23 million.

What are the chances of that happening? More so chances of Celtic willing to let them go?

Fabianski has been linked to Besiktas according to the Daily Star

@ESPNFC German newspaper Bild is reporting that Robert Lewandowski will "definitely not go to Bayern [Munich]" this summer.

Last edited:
when I played to me it was all about being on defense also I can't trust my weak teammates on defense.
laugh.gif

Crazy stuff happening in the River Plate vs Independiente game. Inde fans are destroying the stadium or parts where the visitors are seated. If Inde loses they pretty much are relegated all this while there's still 20 minutes left and they didn't bother to stop the game. Security trying to maintain control

Inde down 2-0

Last edited:
When I first started playing I played RB. I have now migrated to CDM in a men's league I play in. 

Idk about Brazil either. The talent is there fore sure, but something is missing

I don't know abut this Brazil team....

They just don't seem convincing enough...

That's because they have mostly young players who have never really accomplished anything. I see the same thing. Other than David Luiz, Marcelo, Alvez...who on that squad has won any major tournament/trophy? Just too much inexperience compared to other top national teams

And they don't have a go-to striker. So it's hard to be convinced by them.

Last edited:
CB/RB. Captained my intramural team in college. Also played men's indoor.

Barely play anymore besides pickup. Conditioning is still there, velvet touch is not.

Thats why Sergio Ramos is my favorite player. Has any CB ever scored more goals than Ramos? haha.

I tailor my game around him. I like Davd Luiz style too. I figure, as long as my fitness is up to be able to come up the pitch and get back in time in case of a counter attack, I'm good.

Plus i'm usually the strongest guy on the pitch, so yeah

Benzema hasn't scored for France in about a year :smh:
Behind him is Giroud, Gomis, Remy and now Lacazette
I don't see Benz getting the bench treatment

Granted it was a friendly but Brazil beat a decent French squad that has some talent by a convincing 3 - 0. France even tried to bully them a bit by trying to be physical. People are right in saying the Brazilian side isn't proven, but they have talent enough to make a nice run in the world cup especially on their home pitch. The only thing holding this Brazil team back is Scolari. He is a safe hire but I think ill equipped in shaping & running the national team. His win in the 2002 WC had more to do with Ronaldo then his managerial skill (IMO).

Man U fans, what do you think the impact of the loss of Rene Meulensteen will be? He's done a lot with the youth academy & a ton of the players on Man U's side credit him with his training methods & how it keeps them fit. I have a feeling this will be a huge loss.
besides his coaching methods(he's an admirer of the Coerver technique),Rene is a person that the players all look up to...
his presence in and around the dressing room/training grounds will be missed for sure,but if you're talking about training/conditioning i think United will still do well without him...
Moyes focuses a lot on fitness and i'm curious to hear the United players talk about his infamous "horseshoe" drills soon... :lol:

what concerns me though is Eric Steele's departure from the club...
the GK coach has been responsible for De Gea's progress,even learning Spanish before DDG moved to United...
the Spaniard himself has mentioned how much he enjoyed working under Steele and i fear his future at United could be in jeopardy if Chris Woods cannot continue to get the best out of De Gea...

Last edited:
Been meaning to post this

Red Bulls Announce New Partnership with Randall's Island Park Alliance and West Side Soccer League
RBNY partner with Randall's Island Park Alliance and West Side Soccer League to offer free camp
MAY 22, 2013
NewYorkRedBulls.com

Reddit
Email
Comments

HARRISON, NJ (May 22, 2013) – The New York Red Bulls announced an Urban Soccer Program partnership with West Side Soccer League and Randall’s Island Park Alliance today.

Randall’s Island Park Alliance (RIPA), West Side Soccer League (WSSL) and the New York Red Bulls have joined together to offer a free scholarship soccer camp to young male and female athletes from local communities surrounding Randall’s Island Park.

The Randall’s Island Urban Soccer Camp builds upon the New York Red Bulls ‘Urban Soccer Program’, and outreach initiative that serves urban communities in the New York City and Tri-state area, and the West Side Soccer League’s strong tradition of providing scholarships to players who would otherwise not be able to play organized soccer.

“We are delighted to provide such a high-quality youth soccer camp, free of charge. Partnering with the New York Red Bulls and Randall’s Island is the perfect way to extend West Side Soccer’s commitment to the game of soccer, to the children of New York City and to the parks that make playing soccer possible,” says West Side Soccer’s Commissioner, Dana DiPrima.

“The Red Bulls are pleased to enter in a partnership with West Side Soccer League and Randall’s Island Park Alliance,” said New York Red Bulls General Manager Jérôme de Bontin. “We are committed to developing soccer on the grassroots level across New York City and the tri-state and today’s announcement of our agreement furthers our mission. This is a relationship that will continue to grow in the years to come.

Utilizing the Red Bulls extensive resources, and player development expertise, our goals are to provide programs that help engage children in physical activity, use soccer as a vehicle to teach life skills, encourage the values of team work and promote discipline, confidence and self-esteem.

“We are excited to offer a free first-rate soccer camp to local community children of all ability levels at Randall’s Island Park. It is wonderful to work with partners, such as the New York Red Bulls and West Side Soccer League, who share our commitment to providing city children with an outlet to be outside and active,” says Randall’s Island Park Alliance’s Executive Director, Aimee Boden.

The Red Bulls, Randall’s Island Park Alliance and West Side Soccer League partnership has the potential to evolve into other exciting opportunities centered on the underserved youth in the NYC metropolitan area. The Red Bulls, who partner with West Side Soccer League to deliver a top quality, competitive travel soccer program, have already established a significant imprint in and around the New York area and earned the reputation as a club that is reaching out to the community to better the game. This partnership will help the Red Bulls Training Programs have a much wider, broader outreach to young players at the grassroots level.

The Randall’s Island Park Alliance, formerly known as Randall’s Island Sports Foundation, founded in 1992, is a public-private partnership with the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation that seeks to realize the unique potential of 480 waterfront parkland acres anchoring Manhattan, the Bronx and Queens. The Alliance works with the City and local communities to provide an innovative and exciting destination through a wide range of sports venues, cultural events and environmental exploration. As the dedicated steward of Randall’s Island Park, the Alliance sustains, maintains, develops and programs the Park to sup­port the wellbeing of all New Yorkers.

Anyone following the U21 Euro's? Holland washed Russia 5-1. I only got to see some bits of it but I heard the ref was bad. Gave a Russian player a red card he didn't deserve. I'm really a fan of this Dutch side, a lot of talented players

Anyone following the U21 Euro's? Holland washed Russia 5-1. I only got to see some bits of it but I heard the ref was bad. Gave a Russian player a red card he didn't deserve. I'm really a fan of this Dutch side, a lot of talented players

Holland look good, They are now the favourites but cannot write off a Spain side with so much quality in it

England were garbage, I watched the game Saturday night vs Norway and we were horrible :smh:

Last edited:
Shame to because englands u-21 has a great deal of talent.. Didnt catch Holland/russia but did see Germany/Spain. Game was decent but last 20 mins were very entertaining.. It kills me how much talent spain has in the MF.

Back
Top Bottom