The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Good job New York Times (read the caption).

BMMnhWhCcAAzwLU.jpg:large

Wenger said Llorente is too similar to Giroud so that's why he didn't want to sign him. I feel like he would say the same about Gomez
I always thought Victor Wanyama was older. Didn't realize he is 21yo

Wenger said Llorente is too similar to Giroud so that's why he didn't want to sign him. I feel like he would say the same about Gomez
I always thought Victor Wanyama was older. Didn't realize he is 21yo

in other american news screw ups, i cant find the picture but i guess CNN had an article about belgium's recent friendly, and they said in it that keven de bruyne was going to sign for chelsea this summer

EDIT: found it

Last edited:
I find it crazy that Gomez isn't in the prem league. Such wasted talent.

He's won trophies in Germany with two different clubs, and has scored a bunch of goals while doing so. This may come as a shock, but not playing in the Premier League doesn't mean you're wasting your talent. If anything, it's the opposite, since most sides in England play some glorified version of hoofball.

But it resulted in nothing

It resulted in a chance on goal. If you can't appreciate a genius turn that 99% of players in the world couldn't contemplate - let alone pull off - then maybe this sport isn't for you.

@Football__Zone Sunday People reporting that Manuel Pellegrini has asked the club's board to make a play for Angel Di Maria. £30 million fee.
Chelsea look to Mario Gomez as #Napoli demand full €63m buyout for Edinson Cavani [@DuncanCastles]
@FrenchFtWeekly striker Lisandro Lopez is set to leave France for Argentina or Brazil claim L'Equipe
@FrenchFtWeekly Correire dello Sport are claiming that #LOSC coach Rudi Garcia will be the new Roma boss. Should be confirmed and official early this
@FFArsenal Gervinho is closing in on a £12million switch from Arsenal to Galatasaray. (Daily Star)

For those who follow women's soccer. Sonia Bompastor retired today. Played her last game with Lyon as they won the league.

What do you guys think of the possibility of Bale to Madrid?

Real have made it public that they want him, and with City interested in getting Di Maria they'd get a premium paid for the person he'd replace as opposed to having to let him go for under market value to raise funds for the acquisition.

Only thing is that my gut tells me that at 23 Bale feels like he can benefit and have a unique growth with one more season in Tottenham as a man, player, and a leader that he would miss moving to another club. And he's still just young enough to not worry about "wasting" a year of his career in a small club, he's got plenty of years to look forward to. I think he feels that he's needs one last year to become a full grown man that is ready to take on the enormous expectations and pressures a move to a superclub like Real would bring, especially since he's not about the fame and also would be extremely far removed from his comfort zone moving from England to Spain.

Last edited:
It's hard to say whether or not Bale will go to RM. I've read he spends a lot of time going to his mother's for home cooked meals & how he's a simple bloke. I would bet he goes to a big club in the Prem before he goes to RM, but what do I know.

Man U fans, what do you think the impact of the loss of Rene Meulensteen will be? He's done a lot with the youth academy & a ton of the players on Man U's side credit him with his training methods & how it keeps them fit. I have a feeling this will be a huge loss.

In addition to names like Thaigo Silva (PSG), Mats Hummels (BVB), Vincent Kompany (Man City), Marquinhos (Roma), & David Luiz & Ivanovic (Chelsea), here are more players Barca are supposedly looking at Lescott (Man City), Inigo Martínez (Real Sociedad) and Thomas Vermaelen (Arsenal).

He's won trophies in Germany with two different clubs, and has scored a bunch of goals while doing so. This may come as a shock, but not playing in the Premier League....blah blah blah
I don't discredit that, but rumor has it that he is leaving Bayern Munich to go to Fiorentia. Imo he should be moving to a club of a similar magnitude. I'm not saying Fiorentia isn't a good club, but figured a bigger club especially some of the major ones in England would've gone after him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom