The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I will scroll through this thread im sure it was addressed but watched the Italy czech game...and it is sickening how much hate there is for Super Mario. He didn't deserve either of those cards. Say what you will but they were both petty fouls....not too mention Aquilani had a very similar foul near the end of the game...went for a header and elbowed dude...no card just a casual warning.

Then the dumb*** american anouncers, Tailor Twellemen basically chastises him. Oh Mario has the skills but can't get it together. He is a head case he always does this. It was his first ever red card for Italy....dude does have some issues granted but idk if its racism or just his play boy reputation but how does he get no respect from anyone, like he didn't carry them over germany in euro 2012...

I will scroll through this thread im sure it was addressed but watched the Italy czech game...and it is sickening how much hate there is for Super Mario. He didn't deserve either of those cards. Say what you will but they were both petty fouls....not too mention Aquilani had a very similar foul near the end of the game...went for a header and elbowed dude...no card just a casual warning.

Then the dumb*** american anouncers, Tailor Twellemen basically chastises him. Oh Mario has the skills but can't get it together. He is a head case he always does this. It was his first ever red card for Italy....dude does have some issues granted but idk if its racism or just his play boy reputation but how does he get no respect from anyone, like he didn't carry them over germany in euro 2012...

Yeah it really is sickening man. I hate all the hate he gets smh

Spot on, that announcer was sickening to bash Mario the way he did. It was clear the ref was itching to throw him out. I'm glad he's back in Italy now because at least there the media (while still always on his jock) aren't as bad as the british media who were out to get him.

It's definitely the playboy rep he has which gets him attention, but he's still so young and nowhere near his prime. He carried us in the Euros and will be a major figure for us in the World Cup next year. I usually catch games with Italian broadcasters but this just reminds me that next time I watch the Azzurri on ESPN it will be with the volume on mute.

C'mon now. He brings this stuff on his self. He has a terrible attitude and he has been known to make terrible tackles and commit egregious fouls.

Let's stop acting like Mario is some angel who is being victimized. It has nothing to do with racism. He's just not a likeable person. He throws temper tantrums, he's selfish, he makes dumb challenges and gets himself thrown out of games which costs his team. He is completely immature. And that is why he gets no respect. Not because people have some vendetta against him.

^^ get that mess outta here

Terrible attitude... where are you getting this from, he's been nothing but professional in regards to the National team. Keep buying what espn is selling you.

C'mon now. He brings this stuff on his self. He has a terrible attitude and he has been known to make terrible tackles and commit egregious fouls.

Let's stop acting like Mario is some angel who is being victimized. It has nothing to do with racism. He's just not a likeable person. He throws temper tantrums, he's selfish, he makes dumb challenges and gets himself thrown out of games which costs his team. He is completely immature. And that is why he gets no respect. Not because people have some vendetta against him.

I agree with you to an extent. I wouldn't go as far to say he brings it on himself...but he isn't the first player in the world to be selfish and throw temper tantrums. The ref in the friendly hit him with a yellow for a late push after dude passed it...ok whatever...ticky tack....warning would have worked...but then went up for a header and had a small scrum on the way up....no way is it a yellow....and knowing he is on a yellow no ref gives a red for that. But absolutely no hesitation right to the pocket.....

I understand he has a bad attitude but let the man live literally every time he touches the pitch its just criticism.

Terrible attitude... where are you getting this from, he's been nothing but professional in regards to the National team. Keep buying what espn is selling you.

Man shut up. I don't even follow ESPN for soccer.

I've watched plenty of matches both for club and for country. My opinion is based on witnessing his actions on the pitch with my own eyes.

After he got red carded the other day he went punching and kicking walls but according to you he doesn't have a bad attitude? ***** :smh:

Here's a vid of the whole thing:

So he throws a guy to the ground, gets carded for it, then goes and throws a tantrum by punching and kicking walls....but according to you he doesn't have any attitude issues? Stop it.

Last edited:

I've watched plenty of matches both for club and for country. My opinion is based on witnessing his actions on the pitch with my own eyes.

After he got red carded the other day he went punching and kicking walls but according to you he doesn't have a bad attitude? ***** :smh:

balogif.gif

But see this was normal to me.

He is an athlete and a competitor.....he got two very questionable yellow cards in a 4 min span...he should have been angry. But no....he has a bad attitude...not he is a competitor and wants to be out there....or he is mad at the call....everyone condemns him...he has a terrible attitude.

If that were me i would have done the same thing.

balogif.gif

But see this was normal to me.

He is an athlete and a competitor.....he got two very questionable yellow cards in a 4 min span...he should have been angry. But no....he has a bad attitude...not he is a competitor and wants to be out there....or he is mad at the call....everyone condemns him...he has a terrible attitude.

If that were me i would have done the same thing.

Just because you would have done it doesn't mean it's acceptable. :lol:

Players get red carded all the time. You don't see them all throwing tantrums like Balo does.

After he got red carded the other day he went punching and kicking walls but according to you he doesn't have a bad attitude? *****
mean.gif

Here's a vid of the whole thing:

So he throws a guy to the ground, gets carded for it, then goes and throws a tantrum by punching and kicking walls....but according to you he doesn't have any attitude issues? Stop it.
Throws a guy to the ground???? Please stop

He's a competitor and at the highest level of play he should be furious that he was done wrongly.

Shame to because englands u-21 has a great deal of talent.. Didnt catch Holland/russia but did see Germany/Spain. Game was decent but last 20 mins were very entertaining.. It kills me how much talent spain has in the MF.

You really think the U21 has that much talent outside of 2-3 players, maybe 4? I'm actually mystified at how FIFA has England ranked 9th or 10th.

In fact I think outside of perhaps 2 clubs in the EPL, the state of youth futbol in England is in sad shape. It's no wonder EPL teams are raiding the youth academies of other leagues especially La Liga & more specifically of Barcelona's.

:lol: is asking the Spanish FA for help in protecting EPL teams from taking their players.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-barcelona-want-spanish-1942321

Barcelona want Spanish FA to stop talent drain to the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool
9 Jun 2013 22:30
Premier League clubs have been snapping up wonder kids before they have signed professional terms – it's a loophole and Barca want it CLOSED

Furious Barcelona have written to the Spanish FA after they lost three more teenage gems to the Premier League.

The Spanish giants have complained they need “support and defence of our rights against English clubs” after Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool snapped up starlets from their academy.

Liverpool are set to sign teenage winger Sergi Canos, 15, before he signed terms to stay at the Nou Camp.

Chelsea have beaten off interest from Arsenal and Tottenham to sign Spanish under-15 prospect Josimar Quintero.

Arsenal boss Wenger has won his battle with Tottenham and Manchester City over 16-year-old defender Julio Pleguezuelo, as revealed in Mirror Sport on April 16.

Barcelona want the Spanish FA to close down a loophole which allows their best youngsters to escape before signing professional terms. They claim the English FA gives clubs the same protection.

Arsenal have a long history of snapping up Barcelona’s best youngsters after signing Cesc Fabregas, as well as Fran Merida, Hector Bellerin and Jon Toral, from the Nou Camp’s famous academy in recent years.

Barcelona's director of football, Andoni Zubizarreta (Zubi – ex goalie for the club) has a tough task ahead of him. In addition to getting a CB at a suitable price, he’s got to figure out what to do with the likes of Villa & Cesc. It looks like Valdez will play out his contract deferring the need for looking for a goalie for a year.

Zubi & the rest of the folks at Camp Nou must also decide what they’re going to do with the glut of young talent they gave. It’s really going to take an architect/master manager to figure this all out.

First off to bat, they have to address the likes of forward Cristian Tello, CB Marc Bartra, midfielder Thiago Alcantara, midfielder Gerard Deulofeu, & RB Martin Montoya.

They also had several players out on loan like CB Andreu Fontas to Mallorca, midfielder Ibrahim Afellay on loan to Schalke, & forward Bojan Krkic on loan to AC Milan. It’s been reported AC Milan doesn’t want to pay out €15 million for him.

You also have Rafinha Alcantara (can play any position from the midfield onward) & midfielder Sergi Roberto, forward Gerard Deulofeu, & midfielder Jonathan dos Santos (Mallorca Giovani’s brother). This is just some of the notable names I can think of but I know there’s like at least 10-15 more that are on the B team & lower squads. Then you have the young teenagers that are starting to come up.

Some might say it’s a nice problem to have but like I said, it’s going to take some heavy engineering to figure out who you’re going to keep & who you will let pass/go because I don't think there is any way to keep all these players.

I remember Johan Cruyff built his side using almost all La Masia graduates like Pep Guardiola, Luis Milla, Guillermo Amor, Sergi Barjuan and Ivan de la Pena…

I can’t think of any team that has the youth system Barca has though. Am I right?

Man U fans, what do you think the impact of the loss of Rene Meulensteen will be? He's done a lot with the youth academy & a ton of the players on Man U's side credit him with his training methods & how it keeps them fit. I have a feeling this will be a huge loss.
besides his coaching methods(he's an admirer of the Coerver technique),Rene is a person that the players all look up to...
his presence in and around the dressing room/training grounds will be missed for sure,but if you're talking about training/conditioning i think United will still do well without him...
Moyes focuses a lot on fitness and i'm curious to hear the United players talk about his infamous "horseshoe" drills soon... :lol:

what concerns me though is Eric Steele's departure from the club...
the GK coach has been responsible for De Gea's progress,even learning Spanish before DDG moved to United...
the Spaniard himself has mentioned how much he enjoyed working under Steele and i fear his future at United could be in jeopardy if Chris Woods cannot continue to get the best out of De Gea...

You're right about Steele. I forgot about his work with De Gea. Maybe that will help facilitate De Gea coming home to Spain & play for the Blaugrana. :lol:

Looks like Mike Phelan and Rene Meulensteen may be in the running for the Wigan job.

Last edited:
When it comes to Balotelli it's a mixture of his character and being black. It's not just either or. He wanted to go back to Italy tho, he knew this would happen.

-Manchester City are willing to offer AC Milan £21m plus Carlos Tevez, 29, for striker Stephan El Shaarawy, 20.

-Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is looking to sign 22-year-old Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala and 20-year-old Vitesse Arnhem midfielder Marco van Ginkel.

-Manchester United are closing in on a deal for 20-year-old Monaco midfielder Nampalys Mendy.

-Andreas Weimann has signed a new three-year contract at Aston Villa.

-Manager Rafael Benitez has told Napoli he would like to work with 29-year-old Chelsea striker Fernando Torres again - paving the way for the Blues to sign Napoli's Edinson Cavani.

-Martin Skrtel’s agent has called on Napoli boss Rafael Benitez to make contact with Liverpool over a move for the defender

-Jose Mourinho has revealed Belgian duo Romelu Lukaku and Kevin De Bruyne are ‘ready’ to be part of the Chelsea squad next season.

-Stevan Jovetic rules out Arsenal transfer by confirming he wants to join Juventus.

Chelsea gonna be unstoppable next season man smh debryne and lukaku could shine for most top tier squads right now

That's an interesting analogy.

Mancini was supposed to be Super Mario's one saving grace. That didn't work.

Smart was supposed to be DMC's one saving grace. That didn't work either.

And I like both players.

So essentially Super Mario= Demarcus Cousins?

Nah. Cousins still haven't done ****.

Mario back at Inter? Sure.

But after winning the PL (He was a major reason sergio scored that goal against Queens), leading Italy to Euro Finals, destroying Germany (Most favorites to win), and leading AC Milan to a CL spot (Without him, they would have settled for Europa)... I say Mario has accomplished a hella lot at his early age despite his bone head actions

Mario essentially took El Sharaawy's shine once he transferred over.

A little more time together, the potential of those two can be :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom