The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Yes Sporting have a great national youth academy, something my Porto or Benfica can't really claim. So many great Portuguese players have came Sporting.

Thanks for the national acknowledgement.

Hopefully Sporting have something in there academy now, I have no idea how our new generation will do, I'm not very optimistic.
Sporting youth are always beast on football manager, any edition

Imagine the nightlife scene in Milan with Mario, Il Faraone, and Niang. Straight clowning.
Even when Balo was in Manchester he would come back often to party. With all the Inter and Milan players there, young, rich and wild the Milan night club scene is definitely the most bumping in the entire country. I remember hearing stories about Inzaghi who had a crazy reputation as a party animal. Balo is cool though he doesn't drink hard like the Brasilians, who are notorious for drinking and partying hard. When Ronaldinho was there he was know to stay out all night dancing and drinking. The Milan party scene has definitely influenced a lot of players some very negatively, look at Adriano.

I wish these young footballers would realize their athletic prime. Winning trophies and titles brings more women and more parties.

You can't party like Dinho off the pitch and play like Wayne Bridge on the pitch.

It's really a toss up to me between Ajax and la masia but didn't la masia become a youth academy power only after cruyff took over and put the Ajax system in?

^ Yes, please take pics to document your travels. Would love to see whatever pics...

Saw a report that if Man U doesn't get Cesc or Thiago, they might target PSV's midfielder Kevin Strootman. That might be interesting...

That should be TOP priority.

It's really a toss up to me between Ajax and la masia but didn't la masia become a youth academy power only after cruyff took over and put the Ajax system in?

No, Cruyff had studied the players Barca already had whose play he thought reached maturity that were playing in the lesser teams & he added them to the first team. Take for instance Pep who was already playing on the B team as a right midfielder & Cruyff promoted him to play the middle.

Actually when I think about it, Barcelona were in the same position then as they are now in terms of the number of players whose play started to mature necessitating the need for promotion however it's a little different know with the transfer aspect of the game.

Back then, Barca & other teams were able to keep a lot of their players whereas now they will most likely lose a good portion of the talent. I just can't see how they're going to be able to keep all these young guys.

There are reports that Man U are making a €17 - €20 million offer to Barca for Thiago... :\

Rafa wants Napoli to bid €20 million for Mascherano but he doesn't want to leave.

PSG may try to get Andre Villas-Boas should Ancelotti in fact leave for RM.

Barca might've tried getting RM's Raphael Varane but was rebuffed.

Last edited:
It's sad to see this kind of stuff. I can't imagine what kind of cruelty gets done to defenseless animals and children in this world.

My Editorial:
Those who are upset at a God who will come back in judgement need to realize how cruel the human race really is. Yes, Jesus died for our sins but those who don't repent for these and worse types of actions deserve judgement...not the kind cops and jurors bring but the type that only God can bring after centuries of abuse towards his creation.

"Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord." - Romans 12:29

Last edited:
I wouldn't sell Varane for any reasonable sum a rival club would offer.

He's going to be the best CB in the world in years to come.

There are reports that Man U are making a €17 - €20 million offer to Barca for Thiago... :\

Rafa wants Napoli to bid €20 million for Mascherano but he doesn't want to leave.

PSG may try to get Andre Villas-Boas should Ancelotti in fact leave for RM.

Barca might've tried getting RM's Raphael Varane but was rebuffed.

If United get Thiago....I think United should still go for Strootman as well. Our midfield was SHOCKING this past season. I think we need to strengthen it more than just the starting lineup. Also...
Cleverley is prone to injury
Nani and Anderson are useless
Scholes is out
Powell might go on loan
Wayne doesn't want to be a typical midfielder (and may not even be there)
Carrick is aging
Zaha isn't experienced enough
Young is a one-trick pony

If United really want to go somewhere in Europe next season, strengthening the midfield will be crucial

Last edited:
Real would never let Varane go, to Barca of all teams lol. No way.

Wonder who Barca will go after tho for that back line.

Arsene Wenger won’t sign expensive players just to prove a point, insists Arsenal chief Ivan Gazidis
Tuesday 11 Jun 2013 12:57 pm

The Gunners have since been linked with big-money moves for Mauroane Fellaini, Wayne Rooney and Gonzalo Higuain, but Gazidis says that although Wenger has permission to loosen the Emirates purse strings, he will still be sticking to his transfer philosophy.

‘If we only find one player that we like, we won’t spend twice as much on him just so we can say we spent all of the money. That doesn’t make any sense to me – the key will be to buy the players Arsene Wenger believes in.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/11/arsen...t-insists-arsenal-chief-ivan-gazidis-3836703/

Whoever made up this rumor didn't even try. :smh: Thiago has a release clause, all they have to do is meet the amount in the clause and it's up to Thiago if he wants to go. Has nothing to do with United bidding a certain amount. Barca isn't a selling club anyway.

Whoever made up this rumor didn't even try. :smh: Thiago has a release clause, all they have to do is meet the amount in the clause and it's up to Thiago if he wants to go. Has nothing to do with United bidding a certain amount. Barca isn't a selling club anyway.

You can thank the Daily Mirror for that one...

"New Manchester United boss David Moyes has also launched a £15million bid to sign Barcelona starlet Thiago Alcantara. (Daily Mirror)"

smh

The Mirror is known for simply writing transfer fables...

And why do the England U21s suck so bad?

Watched them again today against Israel and they were just terrible. Maybe they just didn't take the tournament seriously but I don't understand how they can be so bad.

Columbia is being waaay to nice in front of goal...they need to start shooting instead of trying to assist each other...

Back
Top Bottom