The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

-Robert Lewandowski will more than double his money if he joins Manchester United. The Polish striker earns £2million a year — almost £40,000 a week — at Borussia Dortmund but United would be prepared to pay him £90,000 a week — nearly £4.7m a year. (The Sun) (they know DAMN well, that they should be offering 150k a week if they want to be serious)

Chelsea could afford to triple his salary easily. Do it Roman!

-Robert Lewandowski will more than double his money if he joins Manchester United. The Polish striker earns £2million a year — almost £40,000 a week — at Borussia Dortmund but United would be prepared to pay him £90,000 a week — nearly £4.7m a year. (The Sun) (they know DAMN well, that they should be offering 150k a week if they want to be serious)

Chelsea could afford to triple his salary easily. Do it Roman!

I think he's too set on Cavani. But who knows....

-Manchester United have made a gentlemen's agreement with Benfica to sign Ezequiel Garay this summer, according to reports in Portugal

Last edited:
Napoli managed after Lavezzi departed for PSG. Should be the same case after Cavani and Hamsik. The exorbitant transfer fees will allow Napoli to rebuild with young talent handsomely.

I truly would love to see Il Faraone at Eastlands, but the Bernabeu even more so.

I don't know if ElSha is a leading man, I know he basically carried Milan on their back this year but he was nowhere to be seen with guys like Ibra and Balo in front of him

To me, Il Faraone works best in a Kun Aguero-type role through the middle.

The addition of Mario actually stunted El Sharaawy's goal scoring production. He was on a tear prior to that. Milan's lone bright spot for much of the campaign.

He's easily becoming one of my favorite footballers. Would love to purchase his kit at the right price.

Yea, this is horrible. Mexico has one, what? 1 game since the beginning of the year? What happened? They were running with such a good streak 2012. Is chepo messing with the formations again? I don't even know what to say since he's been one of the best managers Mexico has had in a while. bruh, they keep tying... at the Azteca. U W0T M8?!
He changed the formations. Teams bunkering like no other. No creativity from players. And I hate to say it, but no Vela.

I think you'll see a much different team once confed. cup play begins. Teams will actually want to play soccer instead of bunkering. Will that mexico team win? Not sure, but I don't thing you'll see any of these boring ties.

Would you rather have Cavani or Lewa?

Such a tough call. They're both young enough, both very talented, and both could get even better....

Lewandowski is 22/23 ish i believe and Cavani is 26.

I'd much prefer Lewandowski. He'd be about half the price as Cavani, is younger, plays in a better league, and is almost as good.

Lewa is 24 turning 25 in Aug...close enough...but I agreewithwhat your saying regarding price and age.the talent is clearly there....so I'd probably also say Lewa....

I'd much prefer Lewandowski. He'd be about half the price as Cavani, is younger, plays in a better league, and is almost as good.
LOL thats hilarious, let's see Lewa score 29 in a league where D is king

LOL thats hilarious, let's see Lewa score 29 in a league where D is king

German league is also good at defence.

Lewandowksi is not just getting all of that praise because he's lucky, he's very talented.

one horse race
mean.gif

maybe but it's strange how teams do well one year then fight for relegation the next, there seems to be a lack of consistency, I'm not saying it's a garbage league I just don't think it's better than the Serie A

maybe but it's strange how teams do well one year then fight for relegation the next, there seems to be a lack of consistency, I'm not saying it's a garbage league I just don't think it's better than the Serie A

Which team did this?

Serie A has a lot of history no doubt (some good & some also very bad), but German futbol is at the forefront right now. Not just because of BM, but the Bundesliga itself. & the youth systems/academies.

Germany's youth systems have made a huge jump within the last decade or so producing the likes of Thomas Mueller, Manuel Neuer, Mesut Ozil, & Mario Goetze.

Outside of BM, Dortmund's youth system has produced Goetze, Marco Reus, & Sven Bender to mention a few.

Just look at their table & if you really followed Bundesliga, you'd find the teams there pretty impressive (at the least the first 7-8 or so maybe even the top 10).

If you took the historical aspect away from the teams in the top 10 of Serie A aside, that league boils down to 3-5 teams or so. I don't see Juve ceding it's dominance over the league anytime soon (unless another controversy erupts).

Don't get me wrong, I love watching Serie A but it's not close to Bundesliga...

My 2 cents for what it's worth anyway...

So I guess Mexico will end up playing New Zealand for the right to go to the World Cup.

USA, Costa Rica and Honduras would be the automatics. I expected more from Panama but I guess they were a fluke.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom