The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Oscar's pass :pimp:

1371329628676.gif

:x

nochildren_medium_medium.gif

I told myself I'd give MLS another shot but watching the Dallas game earlier & now the DC/Toronto, I don't think they know what Joga Bonito is... MLS does not have class or quality... It all boils downs to midfielders not having the creativity, technicality, & the ability to attack. US midfielders are essentially an extension of the defense...

With academies and other youth developments being restructured, I'm hoping that will come to a change. It's been a while since I looked into the changes but I remember reading that futsal would be introduced which would certainly help address some issues. The coaches that will be touring youth academies around the would for a year or two, might be what really gives the US that push. So you might have to give the MLS another shot in a few years :lol:

I feel that it's definitely on it's way to becoming a feeder system. Then you have NYFC coming in. I'm looking forward to those NY Derby's. I like to stay optimistic about these things.

Oh and Happy Father's Day to you and also the other father's in this thread and NT

Oscar :smh: For someone who looks more frail than Neymar, he nearly didn't get as much **** as for people saying that he wouldn't be able to handle the physicality in Europe. Certainly did more than hold his own. :lol:

iHuHuPBh2de75.gif

Borini scoring for the U21 side

iHZpkmAziQ8K4.gif

i1kNw67Eq2OnS.gif

Isco

Thanks Mastamind89.

I hope Isco gets to another team. I know the RM guys on the U21 team are recruiting him.

Oscar can be soo brilliant at times..

Really hope citeh do not get isco.. Him and silva would do work

If Pellegrini gets Isco to Man City, I'm going to have to get my son his shirt. The new Nike home Citizens shirt is nice...

Ethiopia has definitely improved recently.

Currently 1-1 South Africa

If it stays like this, they'll be top of the group with 1 game to go in WC qualifiers...

Not bad...

I told myself I'd give MLS another shot but watching the Dallas game earlier & now the DC/Toronto, I don't think they know what Joga Bonito is... MLS does not have class or quality... It all boils downs to midfielders not having the creativity, technicality, & the ability to attack. US midfielders are essentially an extension of the defense...

You also watched two of the worst teams in the league play though, not saying MLS is a great league but Toronto and DC are god awful, I couldn't watch Stoke City play Sunderland in a regular season match and gauge talent :lol:. There's a few teams who play some fairly attractive soccer like Portland, Montreal, LA. It's still only 17 yrs old as well, in the next 5-10 it'll improve dramatically with more emphasis being put on youth academies and whatnot...I take it for what it is though a nice league plus its cool to have a hometown squad I can root for, like every big 4 sport, beyond my favorite Euro sides :smokin

Last edited:
You also watched two of the worst teams in the league play, not saying MLS is a great league but Toronto and DC are god awful, I couldn't watch Stoke City play Sunderland in a regular season match and gauge talent :lol:

I was gonna say... :lol:

I've got MLS Live, watch at least parts of most games. I didn't go anywhere near that one. :lol:

Portland/Dallas was good, tho. Porter doing great things in Portland. They play the best football in the league, by far.

You also watched two of the worst teams in the league play though, not saying MLS is a great league but Toronto and DC are god awful, I couldn't watch Stoke City play Sunderland in a regular season match and gauge talent
laugh.gif
. There's a few teams who play some fairly attractive soccer like Portland, Montreal, LA. It's still only 17 yrs old as well, in the next 5-10 it'll improve dramatically with more emphasis being put on youth academies and whatnot...I take it for what it is though a nice league plus its cool to have a hometown squad I can root for, like every big 4 sport, beyond my favorite Euro sides
smokin.gif
TFC games are generally boring. Nothing to watch live here in Toronto.

Oscar :smh: For someone who looks more frail than Neymar, he nearly didn't get as much **** as for people saying that he wouldn't be able to handle the physicality in Europe. Certainly did more than hold his own. :lol:

iHZpkmAziQ8K4.gif

i1kNw67Eq2OnS.gif

Isco
I agree about Oscar, dude looks like he weighs 115 lbs soaking wet.
That Isco footwork :pimp:

Isco would fit so nicely at RM. My goodness
has anybody told you that you look like HitBoy?

If it stays like this, they'll be top of the group with 1 game to go in WC qualifiers...

Not bad...
you're South African right? Is Pienaar still playing for the NT?

I live in SA now...moved here years ago...

Pienaar retired from national duty to focus on club footy. Makes sense...age wise, and truth be told the national squad are awful

They just failed to qualify today for WC

Pienaar retired from national duty to focus on club footy. Makes sense...age wise, and truth be told the national squad are awful

I see, so what's your nationality?

I won't be able to watch any of the matches today due to work :frown:

I want El Sharaawy to score today, my Mexican friend who taught me how to play football got mad when I told him they were gonna lose at least 2-0 today :lol:

Uruguay-Spain should be good as well, I think that will end 1-0 but I don't know who will win.

Gonzo to Arsenal is all but done from what I'm hearing.

Still at least 2-3 more signings.

:pimp:

Yea, it seems that way. i guess no Jovetic. Clearly Juve is gunning for the CL

@bbcsport_david Arsenal priority a top cf. Higuain 1st choice & keen. #Afc also want 1 holding + 1 attacking mdf. No df unless any leave. Not in for Rooney.
Interesting words from the journalist.

I would hate to see Isco at City

Last edited:

Not bad...

And bad Ethiopian women will follow to Brazil. :pimp:

I want El Sharaawy to score today, my Mexican friend who taught me how to play football got mad when I told him they were gonna lose at least 2-0 today :lol:

Uruguay-Spain should be good as well, I think that will end 1-0 but I don't know who will win.

Born and raised in Maryland.

Until Ronaldo really leaves I don't see why RM are not focusing more on Suarez and less on Bale

Born and raised in Maryland.
aahh I always thought you were African but came to the US as a kid then went back to Africa

And bad Ethiopian women will follow to Brazil. :pimp:

Eww, no thanks.
somebody neg this man. East African women are some of the best looking on this Earth

Italy team v Mexico: Buffon, Abate, Barzagli, Chiellini, De Sciglio; De Rossi, Pirlo, Montolivo, Giaccherini, Marchisio, Balotelli

Mexico team v Italy: Corona, Flores, Rodríguez, Moreno, Salcido, Herrera, Zavala, Barrera, Guardado, Javier Hernandez, De Nigris

Italy "leaving behind 88 lbs of parmesan cheese" :wow: :lol:

Think Italy takes this 2-0 my dude Balotelli with the brace

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom