The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Damn, at least Japan can walk out with some pride and dignity and just had some poor luck, unlike El Tri...can't they let them go through and keep Nigeria/Uruguay from advancing :lol:

best thing about japan is they rarely dive. they hustle through every tackle no flailing around and tossing themselves on the ground

Japan with the goal, this is a fun match :smokin

Japan have a really good technical team, its nice watching them play.....I'd like to see the US schedule more matches with them.. the development of soccer in both countries is on similar trajectories with the leagues both being fairly young..they seem to emphasize technical skill over pure athleticism which is good too. Still US v Japan would be cool even more MLS/J League matches even though thats not really feasible

That would be cool to watch. I'm looking forward to see how soccer in both countries grow. The connection between the Bundasliga and Japan is certainly helping and will continue to do so.

Brazil has the largest group of Japanese people living there outside of Japan itself, specifically in São Paulo....

My friend, former roommate who moved back to São Paulo after he graduated, would always talk about the big Japanese population in his city. He, himself is a quarter Japanese. I was hoping that if I had enough money for the WC, that I could go stay with him...but it didn't turn out that way in terms of funds :smh:

this had me like :wow: when it happened. Japan always seems to have someone on the squad who isn't Japanese.
Japan has a sleeper squad that can do some damage in the WC.

Been trying to tell some of my friends this for a while. Along with Belgium and Mexico( at the time things were going really well and upcoming players had nice potential. Things have obviously changed)

I believe I read that Honda has been linked to Liverpool but I know a NTer mentioned that Honda will be or is at the end of his contract. Would like to see him in the BPL.

I remember when I first saw Havenaar I was like :wow: :nerd: :lol: I believe his family moved because his father was transferred to one of the J-League clubs

Last edited:
He was born in Hiroshima...

No I know, I did my research. His parents are from the Netherlands and came to Japan when his dad signed on in the Japanese League. I know Japan have had a couple Brazilians ply their trade for the NT as well. Alex is the last one I can remember.

But yeah, Japan is definitely headed in the right direction. I've been a fan of Honda for a while now, would like to see him in the Bundesliga.

Japan is headed in the right direction moving forward, but Belgium has been my international sleeper since 2011.
Every few years Belgium gets a breakout squad see WC 1986 European Championship 72, 80, and 84. This WC is there time to shine.

I believe I read that Honda has been linked to Liverpool but I know a NTer mentioned that Honda will be or is at the end of his contract. Would like to see him in the BPL.
Maybe I'm reaching, but I'd get rid of Suarez for Honda, but I wouldn't be surprised if United poaches him

The word is that Milan is on Honda, but after his performance yesterday I imagine there will be many more suitors looking to grab him, especially since he at the end of his contract.

Anyone got anything firm on Thiago to United?

Nothing concrete yet but de Gea's message on the game ball started a fury of chat on the internets... Can't believe people spotted that on the ball. :lol:

There's a chance Thiago could end up at Bayren as his agent (the one who insisted on the clause lowering his buyout) is Pep's brother Pere Guardiola (also has Suarez as a client among others). Pep is a huge fan of Thiago & always found the time to play him.

There is also chatter about Barca increasing his wages in an attempt to keep him at Camp Nou. He currently makes €1.8 million per season.

Anyone ever watch Honda get into heated or semi heated conversations on the field with opposing players? He never backs down & looks like he could whoop some ***. At some point in the conversation he kinda looks away while talking emphatically & has this expression like, "look, you better get outta my face or your going to get a swift kick in your mouth"... :lol:

Last edited:
^^ I noticed that yesterday with Chellini? I think it was....Honda fouled him and Italy was going to take a FK and he was gesturing to Honda like "cmon man, you know I didn't dive" and offered his hand out like to dap him and Honda wasn't having it he just glared at him, looked like he said you flopped, and dismissed his presence :lol: :smokin

Last edited:
Looks like Spain is going to trot out their "B Team" today versus Tahiti. Villa, Mata, Silva, Cazorla, Casillas, etc.

So there's some positive news for Tahiti.

Nothing concrete yet but de Gea's message on the game ball started a fury of chat on the internets... Can't believe people spotted that on the ball.
laugh.gif

There's a chance Thiago could end up at Bayren as his agent (the one who insisted on the clause lowering his buyout) is Pep's brother Pere Guardiola (also has Suarez as a client among others). Pep is a huge fan of Thiago & always found the time to play him.

There is also chatter about Barca increasing his wages in an attempt to keep him at Camp Nou. He currently makes €1.8 million per season.

Anyone ever watch Honda get into heated or semi heated conversations on the field with opposing players? He never backs down & looks like he could whoop some ***. At some point in the conversation he kinda looks away while talking emphatically & has this expression like, "look, you better get outta my face or your going to get a swift kick in your mouth"...
laugh.gif
Barca goofed with his playing time. If Tito didn't take that absence, maybe he would have gotten more field time. Whether he goes to Man U or Bayern, he will shine and i can't even be mad if he leaves for more playing time. He is one of my favorites at Barca and it's a treat seeing him play. 

The big question would be if he does leave, will Barca slap that buy-back clause on the contract. I don't think anyone interested will want that. SHould be interesting to see how things develop. I do hope he stays though.

^^ I noticed that yesterday with Chellini? I think it was....Honda fouled him and Italy was going to take a FK and he was gesturing to Honda like "cmon man, you know I didn't dive" and offered his hand out like to dap him and Honda wasn't having it he just glared at him, looked like he said you flopped, and dismissed his presence :lol: :smokin

I'm glad someone else caught that. :lol: I've seen him do that on several times before (in other matches). He looked like a Japanese Bruce Banner pleading with the guy not to piss him off. :lol:

Barca goofed with his playing time. If Tito didn't take that absence, maybe he would have gotten more field time. Whether he goes to Man U or Bayern, he will shine and i can't even be mad if he leaves for more playing time. He is one of my favorites at Barca and it's a treat seeing him play. 

The big question would be if he does leave, will Barca slap that buy-back clause on the contract. I don't think anyone interested will want that. SHould be interesting to see how things develop. I do hope he stays though.

I posted several pages back that Barca needs to sit down & access everyone they have on the second team (as well as just below) & the first team to map out who they're going to keep & who goes. I don't know why Bartra hasn't gotten a lot of playing time either especially when the back line had all those injuries (including Puyol).

Again, I think it was party due to Tito being out & Roura playing it safe with the veteran players. We'll see how it all shakes out.

I saw that Man U would rather have Cesc & Thiago is their second target.

Back
Top Bottom