The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Does Moyes even have the clout yet to go out and sign players on his own will?

Don't forget United has a new President too so you have two people who are new to being in charge at a big club trying to handle negotiations/signings. It's going to take some time.

At this point, running his signing choices by SAF and getting the nod will be all he needs to do.

This is why I am not a big supporter of John Obi Mikel..
I made this post after the Nigeria's first match against Tahiti..

Mikel could have scored a few goals if he wanted to but it seemed like he didn't care..

But the second match against Uruguay he stepped it up..

I was going to retract my statement after that performance..

But I needed to see more before I ate my words..

Third match against Spain he was nice..

The only player that showed any kind of composure for Nigeria..

Son was playing how he used to play before he got to Chelsea..

Gliding through the midfield and ish..

If Nigeria had any kind of chemistry between their attackers.. 

They could've easily walked away with a point.

I hope Mikel continues to play like this..

Moyes isn't in charge till jul 1st tho. A lot of ppl saying to expect signings to be announced after manager is presented

But in reality who has made moves? Aside from city no one else has made much noise

Last edited:
^ Monaco signed Falcao, Rodriguez, & Moutinho however from what I've been reading of the legal case between them & Ligue "Un", there is a real chance Monaco may not be able to play in Ligue "Un" during the upcoming season while the legal battle is being settled. It would be hilarious & terrible at the same time for Rybolovlev to have spent all that money & his team couldn't play...

Moyes isn't in charge till jul 1st tho. A lot of ppl saying to expect signings to be announced after manager is presented

But in reality who has made moves? Aside from city no one else has made much noise

Chelsea

Brought back:

De Bruyne
Lukaku

signed

Shurle
Mourinho.

Truth is this, when you're the champions, very few clubs actually matter.

But when Chelsea, City, or Arsenal are building, you need to take that serious.

Was referring to Epl teams.

Can you really count players being brought back from loan and a manager? Would you count zaha then and Moyes? Arsenal is building? With who?

Last edited:
Sorry Beans, I realized you were talking about EPL teams after I posted about Monaco.

I think eiddyfouw was eluding to all the rumors flying around about Arsenal's possible transfer activity...

Was referring to Epl teams.

Can you really count players being brought back from loan and a manager? Would you count zaha then and Moyes? Arsenal is building? With who?

Zaha was a done deal before Moyes.

Arsenal working on Higuain and Fellaini and Sanogo. And as much as I'd like to laugh and say it won't happen, it very well could. Add in a last minute steal for someone like Benteke, and there's serious strength.

Can I count brining players back from loan? Yes. I can. So should you. Did you see Lukaku last season? With the supply he had at WBA, son was BEASTING out there. Imagine what happens when Hazard, Oscar and Mata are threading the eye of the needle for him.

As for a manager. As a United fan, I can tell you, that the right manager can be the difference between a season or two of success, and a 26 year illustrious career of dominance. So yes, I count bringing in a manger as building. The manager is the very foundation of the club. I'm surprised you'd even pose this in a format of a question.

What I mean is he has been signed to Chelsea. So it's not anything we didn't already see happening nor is it any new development. So with that being said one could mention zaha.

I mentioned a manager because you included it as something Chelsea was doing that we were not... Or maybe I misunderstood you

Your basing your opinion of arsenal on speculation. We have been linked to strootman, thiago, bale, Baine's and cr7 but again should be taken with a grain of salt. I agree tho we need to make moves.. I really hope thiago pans out.

Last edited:
I should have added....

City with a fully fit Yaya, Aguero, Carlito, Navas, Fernandinho, Milner etc with a competent manager like Pellegrini are also building something fierce.

Don't get it twisted. Next season will be a very very tight season.

Never once do I doubt how hard next season will be. If city lose tevez and eventually cavani to Chelsea. They will be left with only aguero/ dzeko .. IMO they will need another striker but who?

What I mean is he has been signed to Chelsea. So it's not anything we didn't already see happening nor is it any new development. So with that being said one could mention zaha.

I mentioned a manager because you included it as something Chelsea was doing that we were not... Or maybe I misunderstood you

Your basing your opinion of arsenal on speculation. We have been linked to strootman, thiago, bale, Baine's and cr7 but again should be taken with a grain of salt. I agree tho we need to make moves.. I really hope thiago pans out.

I hear you, but whether we saw it coming or not, essentially is a irrelevant. Teams are building this summer, and Moyes needs to roll up his sleeves and get in the mud.
Chelsea is technically stronger than they were last season. So is City, and I'm assuming, so will Arsenal.

And there's still plenty of time for each of those clubs to shop.

Damn just dawned on me thiagos situation is just like the pogba one.

And tevez for 10 mil huh ? Yet Carroll went for 15 lol

:smh: @ the English FA forbidding the use of any non-English characters to appear on Jersey names.

article-2348159-1A7FF78B000005DC-471_634x435.jpg

Pogba and his agent were unhappy with Fergie's team selection and Pogba's playing time. So he bolted Old Trafford for Juve, where he had a breakout campaign.

Will Scurrle offer production anywhere similar to Reus?

Don't really understand that Schurrle signing. I wonder what Mou is gonna do in the midfield.

Oscar - Mata - Hazard

Unless he gets rid of Mata (which is stupid but rumors say he's leaving)

But I like Schurrle man. I would look at a 1-4-1-4

St: Whoever
Mids: Hazard - Mata - Oscar - Schuurle
DM- Lampard?

Back
Top Bottom