The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

it's one of those hit-or-miss signings...

There's truth in that.

He has great pace, likes to come up pitch and supply. He has good positioning. But he's young. And at 5,9, he's not toooo short. Still time to grow into his position.

But he's from the Ajax academy if I'm right, and Ajax has produced some talent in the past.

Ade is permanent, Levy won that battle I presume.

Have accepted bids for Daws, and Leandro may finally be completed.

Last edited:
“I won’t even get excited we’ll probably get beat at villa on Saturday” - Everton fan speaking to sky sports news this morning 

Maurice Edu looks to be headed to stoke city.

Good look for him...who knows if he gets consistent pt but if he and Cameron can develop a feel for playing with one another it'll pay dividends for the MNT....although I heard Cameron will be playing dmid? Is edu going as a midfielder too or a convert cb?

I can't be the only one that feels Xhaka is pretty much as good as Shaqiri, not that big of a stretch but seems Shaqiri has a much larger rep. across Europe. So many good young players in this Kyiv v. Gladbach match.

Seems to be a done deal, Arsenal were just trying to lower his buying option at the end of the season. Madrid set it at 17M and we are trying to lower it to the 14 range, although number being thrown on twitter is that Arsene wants the buy option to be in the 8-10M range

Wonder if Mario will start now with Kun out
He must. I get the impression Mancini was trying to appease Dzeko and show some loyalty utilizing him first off the bench when Kun went down. The Bosnian striker has been grumbling about moving from Ethiad to Bundesliga or Serie A. Interested clubs just don't want to pay Dzeko's size-able wages. He's a talented center-man but doesn't quite fit City's style. Dzeko is too slow in build-up play. His strengths don't fit well with Kun, Carlitos, Silva, Nasri, and Yaya.

Sinclair in, Johnson out. Agger next. Possibly Jovetic. I feel Mancini has been chasing DDR for literally five consecutive transfer windows now, to no avail.

Been tracking Ki Sung-Yeung for a while at Celtic, would be a good signing for Swansea. I think he could handle the Premier League. Good showing in the Olympics for South Korea's quest to secure bronze.

Back
Top Bottom