The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I was hoping Arsenal would pick Ki up, he's really a great player and will do big things at Swansea, wish him the best. 8)

I was hoping Arsenal would pick Ki up, he's really a great player and will do big things at Swansea, wish him the best. 8)
Rather impressed you know enough about him. Ki has been playing well in relative obscurity without public interest from "major elite clubs." I believe the fee for Swansea is reasonable and could even prove to be a bargain based on the South Korean's future development. There's not much Ki can't do out of the midfield. Gifted with long-distance shooting and passing. Some call him the "Korean Stevie G."

Celtic must sell to balance the books. No choice for Lennon.

I have 2 Ki kits...I was wearing one when I found out he was actually sold to Swansea :lol: , he's a player I loved right from the get-go...smart with the ball, knows how to avoid trouble, knows how to find the correct man and can pack a powerful shot. :pimp:

It's a shame Celtic will lose such a talented player, but I do think he belongs in the EPL and I really do hope he does great.

I have 2 Ki kits...I was wearing one when I found out he was actually sold to Swansea :lol: , he's a player I loved right from the get-go...smart with the ball, knows how to avoid trouble, knows how to find the correct man and can pack a powerful shot. :pimp:
It's a shame Celtic will lose such a talented player, but I do think he belongs in the EPL and I really do hope he does great.
Nice, man. I truly believe Ki is the type of footballer that can help Swansea battle for the top-half of the table, especially after the Sinclair sale. Dyer should generate significant interest as well.

I'm assuming you have Korean heritage?

Nope, I'm Asian, but not the type you would think...from the Middle East. :smokin
Cool, brotha.

Speaking of lesser-known midfield footballers. I like Adel Taarabt's (QPR) future. Should help Hughes and the club climb up the table with no relegation worries this campaign.

Sinclair to City complete?

Mancini just wants transfers ASAP.

Still think they need another Winger if they continue on with the 3-5-2

Btw, what do you guys feel about the formation?

Btw, what do you guys feel about the formation?
Not complete or official, but Swansea has conceded they will likely accept City's bid. They have their sights set on Ki anyway.

Mancini wants Agger and Jovetic next. Obviously DDR is the dream purchase that continually results in rejection from Roma. Similar to Neymar, being one of the highest paid footballers in your country is not a bad deal. Only reason to leave would be regular CL football and trophies. DDR doesn't seem moved by that based on comfort in Italy. Assuming he doesn't want to uproot his young family (daughter).

Mancini has shown a defensively stout 4-2-3-1 in his time at City. I think he's moving away from his reliance on Gareth Barry and Nigel De Jong as holding midfielders. His squad is so versatile that the Italian manager could employ a 4-3-3 if he likes (Yaya, Rodwell, Nasri in the midfield). 4-5-1 even if Mancini's searching for defensive responsibility and conservative counter-attack offensively.

Balotelli/Dzeko will likely take Kun's spot in the starting XI. What makes City's world-class players so valuable is interchangeability. Against Southampton, Kun, Tevez, Nasri, Silva, Yaya all moved well without the ball. Filling space and getting into dangerous areas. Silva, Nasri, and Yaya can finish at an elite level for midfielders, and Kun and Tevez can pick out the final ball in the attacking third as well as most forwards.

What iPhone App are you all using to keep up with any match scores and news?
I'm currently using ESPN FC. Works perfectly for me as it alerts me when Barcelona or Spain games are going to begin, when they've scored or gotten a goal against, when they substitute a player or have a player substituted against or they have won or lost a game.

For news I don't really use it, I just browse around different websites and read.

First round of La Liga has been completed.

Here's some of the highlights from the first round of La Liga for me:

• 16 year old Cameroonian attacker Fabrice Olinga made his Málaga debut and scored a goal becoming the youngest goal scorer in Málaga history although the goal wasn't anything special.
  • Israeli attacker Tomer Hemed got 2 really nice goals against Espanyol.
  • Athletic Bilbao 3-5 Betis. One heck of a game in general. Betis lead in the first half 0-3. Athletic Bilbao came back in second half and scored 3 straight. Betis came back and got 2 back. The third goal for Betis was a nice screamer goal by Beñat.
  • Real Madrid went to a 1-1 draw with Valencia. Valencia could have won as Soldado got a goal disallowed due to a close offsides call. Could have gone either way. Higuaín took 3 shots in a row, 2 stopped by the goalkeeper before scoring for Real. Jonas scored off a header for Valencia and Casillas ran out to punch the ball but headbutted Pepe accidentally and Pepe suffered an injury and will be missing a couple of games for Real.
  • Barcelona beat Real Sociedad 5-1 at the Camp Nou. Puyol scored, Messi scored twice, Pedro scored and Villa made his La Liga return and also scored. Barcelona was up 3-0 in less than 17 minutes. Messi scored both goals in about 5 minutes. Villa's goal got the Culé's really going. Chori Castro got a nice goal and only for Sociedad.
  • Arda Turan scored a crazy goal to even a 1-1 draw between Levante and Atlético Madrid.
  • Roberto Trashorras scored a bizarre free kick goal in extra time for Rayo Vallecano to beat Granada 1-0.

Last edited:
Looks like Chelsea & Man City has both put in a bid for Cavani. (£35 Million). Wonder if Kun injury will keep him out months.. Cavani fits well with Chelsea's counter attack though I would rather see him at City.

Jesus saved Edwin, how did Munian look for Bilbao? I'm waiting for his breakout moment.

Edit: Cavani/Chelsea was just a twitter rumor.

Last edited:
Looks like Chelsea & Man City has both put in a bid for Cavani. (£35 Million). Wonder if Kun injury will keep him out months.. Cavani fits well with Chelsea's counter attack though I would rather see him at City.
Jesus saved Edwin, how did Munian look for Bilbao? I'm waiting for his breakout moment.

:x these teams ripping apart my clubs.

Napoli.. we need cavani ugh after lavezzi too :rolleyes
im also seeing Swansea get further torn apart... Scott Sinclair transfer to Man City seems iminent... first allen now this :rolleyes

Why Carrick was marking Fellaini on the corner really didn't make sense. But it was going to be tough for Man U anyway with the injury problems. Kagawa was excellent.
Attendance was at 40% for La Liga for the opening weekend :x

Very tough times in Spain. Unemployment still hovering around a dire 25%.

United-Everton was pretty entertaining, despite some poor play. Fellaini completely bossed it, looked like old Drogba out there winning everything aerially. Kagawa indeed looked bright, as expected. Showed his clever horizontal movement and good vision. Rooney on the other hand looked awful - ponderous, lacking fitness, and clumsy with his touch.

Wingers aren't used in a 3-5-2. The primary role of the two widest players in the midfield 5 is to defend the flank, and the secondary role is to provide width. Hence, Mancini would utilize his full backs as wing backs, or wide midfielders like Milner in the role. I doubt he'll use the formation often.

-Great to see David Villa back, and Barca start off well. Bad start would have really put the pressure on Tito. Athleti-Betis was an absolute cracker, I'm mad I watched Real-Val instead. Valencia played pretty well, although RM probably would have won on a more clinical outing. Diego Alves is basically impenetrable on his day. Valencia could and probably should have taken all 3 pts though, had a good goal wrongly called offside.
Glad I have DirectTV, feel terrible for those without coverage. BeinSport really needs to get their **** together, and get more providers.

Great opening weekend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom