The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

In Football news - Ricardo Carvalho to QPR :wow: What a great Transfer for them

Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo will make a £35m move for Napoli's Uruguay international striker Edinson Cavani, 25. :wow:

Tottenham are close to securing the £20m signing of 24-year-old Shakhtar Donetsk forward Willian and have reignited their interest in Internacional striker Leandro Damia, 23.

French side Rennes expect midfielder Yann M'Vila, 21, to leave the club this week. The Ligue 1 side say they have received offers from Tottenham, Zenit St Petersburg and a third unnamed side, believed to be Arsenal.

Marseille right-back Cesar Azpilicueta, 22, says he is being monitored by Chelsea as a possible replacement for the departed Jose Bosingwa

Manchester United are considering a £10m move for 22-year-old Mexico midfielder Hector Herrera from Pachuca.

Potential Carroll suitors Newcastle say they will not budge from their £12m offer made for a player sold by the Magpies to the Reds for £35m in January 2011.

Chelsea are set to continue their summer spending by clinching the £23.5m signing of 21-year-old Bayer Leverkusen striker Andre Schurrle.

Arsenal will use the millions gained by selling Alex Song to Barcelona to attempt to sign defensive midfielder Cheick Tiote, 26, from Newcastle United. :smh:

Newcastle and Fulham are looking at FC Twente defender Douglas. The Brazil-born 24-year-old plays under former England boss Steve McLaren in the Dutch Eredivisie.

Surprised no real news outlets reported it, but Dempsey returned to Fulham practice yesterday...some 15 yr old tweeted about it :lol:, said they saw him with the first team after they had a match against Fulham's youth team....I gotta think Fulham lower their price since Ade went for 5-6mill. That should get this transfer done, although Liverpool is a mess

Tom Huddlestone (Spurs) is having a medical at Stoke today.
passing range one of the best in the league 

he was never getting out that logjam in Spurs midfield..not a bad signing for Stoke

and 
mean.gif
 if Cavani leaves..my dude Hamsik isn't gonna have anybody left to play with

That Willian to Spuds story makes no sense...Chelsea bid over 30 mill quid for him last year and they rejected it. :rolleyes

We got Chamakh for free...so selling him for anything is a profit.

Would like to see him go to France, wouldn't mind seeing him on OM. :smokin

It's official: BeIn Sport will provide not only #usmnt at Jamaica World Cup qualifier Sept. 7, but ALL USA away matches in this WCQ cycle

no more ppvs
:smokin

BeIN Sport has also secured rights for all CONCACAF teams' WC qualifiers, except Mexico's @beINSport1USA

Last edited:
We got Chamakh for free...so selling him for anything is a profit.

Would like to see him go to France, wouldn't mind seeing him on OM. :smokin

OM can have him :lol:
I feel that if Joel Campbell got his work permit he would be on the bench at least. Surely a sub worth having.

It's official: BeIn Sport will provide not only #usmnt at Jamaica World Cup qualifier Sept. 7, but ALL USA away matches in this WCQ cycle

no more ppvs
:smokin

BeIN Sport has also secured rights for all CONCACAF teams' WC qualifiers, except Mexico's @beINSport1USA
I'm missing the la liga games, i don't have beIN Sport on my tv. AT&T uverse doesn't provide it
As for the rights for Mexican soccer, no one but Televisa (mexican tv service provider) will own them. It's a monopoly in Mexican soccer

• Tottenham are close to securing the £20m signing of 24-year-old Shakhtar Donetsk forward Willian and have reignited their interest in Internacional striker Leandro Damiao, 23. - Daily Mail
  • Tottenham plan to move for 22-year-old Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic before the transfer window closes. - Evening Standard
  • Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo will make a £35m move for Napoli's Uruguay international striker Edinson Cavani, 25. - the Sun
  • The Blues are set to continue their summer spending by clinching the £23.5m signing of 21-year-old Bayer Leverkusen striker Andre Schurrle. - Daily Star
  • Arsenal will use the millions gained by selling Alex Song to Barcelona to attempt to sign defensive midfielder Cheick Tiote, 26, from Newcastle United. - caughtoffside.com
  • French side Rennes expect midfielder Yann M'Vila, 21, to leave the club this week. The Ligue 1 side say they have received offers from Tottenham, Zenit St Petersburg and a third unnamed side, believed to be Arsenal. - Metro
  • Marseille right-back Cesar Azpilicueta, 22, says he is being monitored by Chelsea as a possible replacement for the departed Jose Bosingwa. - talkSPORT
  • Manchester United are considering a £10m move for 22-year-old Mexico midfielder Hector Herrera from Pachuca. - Daily Mail
  • Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill is hoping to sign Steven Fletcher in time for the Wolves striker to play some part in Saturday's visit of Reading. - Daily Express
  • Robert Green's career as QPR's number one goalkeeper could be under threat after just one game, as Hoops manager Mark Hughes seems keen on bringing in 32-year-old former Celtic keeper and current free agent Artur Boruc. - Daily Mirror
  • Liverpool are prepared for 23-year-old striker Andy Carroll to spend the season sitting on their bench, rather than sell him for a cut-price fee to a Premier League rival. - Daily Express
  • However, potential Carroll suitors Newcastle say they will not budge from their £12m offer made for a player sold by the Magpies to the Reds for £35m in January 2011. - Daily Telegraph
  • Newcastle and Fulham are looking at FC Twente defender Douglas. The Brazil-born 24-year-old plays under former England boss Steve McLaren in the Dutch Eredivisie. - Daily Star

Jesus saved Edwin, how did Munian look for Bilbao? I'm waiting for his breakout moment.
I didn't watch the whole Bilbao vs. Betis game, just watched parts of the second half, but Munian didn't do much in what I watched. He's expected to have a breakout season though since he looked good last season.

I was watching last night this weeks Revista De La Liga and Guillem Balague and the rest of the guys talked a little bit about the economic crisis in Spain and how it's affected the transfer market for the Spanish La Liga teams and not many transfers in for Spanish teams have been made this season and due to PSG's big spending, they have Ligue 1 in the top 3 spending league transfer market along with the English Premier League, the Italian Serie A, the Russian Premier League is in fourth and then the Spanish La Liga.

This economic crisis has affected some of the teams and good players like Javi Márquez, Kanouté, Borja Valero, Santi Cazorla, etc. who have left their Spanish La Liga teams to join other clubs in other leagues.

Can someone tell me why does the MLS not just adjust it's schedule to the European/World schedule?

Back
Top Bottom