The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

word, the pic is also ****** hilarious

dude has the ultimate troll face on while blatantly wearing the most noticeable pair of kicks. and this is after that dude who works for adidas and bayern went off about his shirt :lol:

Vacationing here in Spain and the latest reports have Higuain staying at Madrid. Perez claims that Arsenal never made a formal offer for him. Ancelotti says that he has the striker in his plans and would prefer for him to stay. The two parties are supposed to reconcile their differences. As a Real Madrid fan I can't say I don't like the depth. Yet as an Argentinian who wants our striker to get as many minutes as possible so he is in form for the World Cup I would've preferred him to go to Arsenal and be the main guy. Who knows though, the transfer window isn't closing for a while. I doubt Arsene and company are going to give up after promising major signings.

Vacationing here in Spain and the latest reports have Higuain staying at Madrid. Perez claims that Arsenal never made a formal offer for him. Ancelotti says that he has the striker in his plans and would prefer for him to stay. The two parties are supposed to reconcile their differences. As a Real Madrid fan I can't say I don't like the depth. Yet as an Argentinian who wants our striker to get as many minutes as possible so he is in form for the World Cup I would've preferred him to go to Arsenal and be the main guy. Who knows though, the transfer window isn't closing for a while. I doubt Arsene and company are going to give up after promising major signings.

Yeah I read that too...I don't think he'll be going to Arsenal...

So the propaganda Barca is now floating is they were keenly aware of Thiago's provisions for playing time & were fine with him going because of Sergi Roberto. I recall Pep putting him in games during the tail end of games at the end of Pep's last season as manager. Also remember seeing him on Barca TV earlier this year but never saw anything that made me think wow...

I'm puzzled because I think Thiago's brother Rafinha is a better player than Sergi & more ready for the first team yet he's loaned out to Celta Vigo. I wonder if this has something to do with Tito picking his own guys from the younger ranks than the ones Pep liked/favored. I hope not because a manager's ego should not get in the way of picking the players with the best talent & ability so long as they are committed to the team.

It all certainly now looks that way because I could never figure out why the likes of Tello, Bartra, & Thiago weren't getting time after the title was pretty much wrapped up early on not even in the tail end of games.

http://www.marca.com/2013/07/12/en/football/barcelona/1373664346.html

BARÇA COUNTING ON YOUNG ACADEMY PLAYER
Thiago, thy name is Sergi Roberto

In the Camp Nou, Thiago is now just a memory. After Bayern announced that it would be taking the player away from them, Barcelona immediately set to work looking for someone to fill his boots. And they have found him in a 21 year-old player called Sergi Roberto.

Thiago's leaving came as a surprise to nobody at Barcelona. The club last season was well aware of the terms and conditions within the player's contract, and made sure that he didn't play the number of matches which would have automatically activated the €90 million rescission clause.

To some this decision was a mistake, to others a strategic master-stroke to put the player out for sale. What is definitely clear is that the club hardly moved a finger to stop him going.

The higher-ups at Barça knew that there would be a club happy to take Thiago off their hands. In the end it proved to be Bayern, clearly aware of the player's situation, as the midfielder's agent is none other than Pere, Guardiola's brother.

Barcelona was quite calm about the whole affair because it had an ace up its sleeve in the name of Sergi Roberto. The management are counting on the young player, convinced that he will be a key figure in next season's project. Technically he is very proficient; he creates danger well, and possesses great tactical discipline. This last trait something that Thiago lacked.

For this reason, Sergi's agent, José María Orobitg, was always told that the player would continue in the first team, that they didn't want to sell him, nor even loan him out, given Alcántara elder's possible exit.

Tito Vilanova will have a very well-balanced set-up regarding his right and left wings. He has four players for the two positions (Iniesta, Xavi, Cesc and Sergi Roberto) to share the playing time out among them.

And so begins the Moyes-era... or stint... depending on how things go.

Utd. players have their names in Thai on their kits... nice touch. 

are you guys really still going on about how mario wears nike and adidas, who cares
Did you forget where you are? This is NIKEtalk after all.
exactly 
laugh.gif

^ That is a little troubling but I will give him the benefit of the doubt, even though I feel the transfer deadline will show just how "great" he says the search is going. Expecting nothing major.

Last edited:
Anybody watching the U20 Final? France just missed an incredible opportunity.

Last edited:

I just read the RM would offer Liverpool rights to Higuain and 12-14 million Euros for Bugs Bunny...

Not sure what network the City game was on but the Man U/Singha All Stars was on foxsoccer.

Monaco (with Falcao) losing to Fortuna Dusseldorf 3-2. :lol:. F Dusseldorf was relegated to 2nd division Bundesliga last season.

Granted its a friendly but still... :smh:

Man U fans want Moyes fired already over 1 friendly? :lol:

BTW, the Singha all stars kit was nice, NIke of course...

Last edited:
Where the hell are you guys watching preseason games?

I use firstrow...
Arsenal won 7-0 against the Indonesian Dream Team.
Goals from Walcott, Akpom, Giroud with a brace, Podolski, Olsson and Eisfeld
OX start centrally. He had his moments. Ramsey was looking bright. Zelalem had some exceptional passes
I'll try and post highlights later
Edit: Find them

The new kits are so :pimp:

Last edited:
Yeah, the away kit reminds me of the Invincibles era away kit.

So Ibra the Destroyer wants out of PSG if Cavani comes huh? Seems like it's falling apart for PSG...

^ That's cool. I look forward to seeing him to play & flourish under Pep. That Bayern team is going to be fun to watch.

Funny, Shahid Khan bought the Prem's version of the NFL's Jags when he bought Fulham... :smh: :lol: Mohamed Al Fayedtold him at the presser that if he removes the Michael Jackson statue @ Craven Cottage, he'd rip off his mustache & he really wasn't joking either... :lol:

Last edited:
:smh: @ this guy Pique... Losing form as he did last year, you'd think he'd be working on his fitness but instead chillin' in Vegas playing poker...

Back
Top Bottom