The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

@FootballFunnys: Bayern's midfield next season:

Ribery
Martinez
Robben
Shaqiri
Gotze
Weiser
Gustavo
Schweinsteiger
Can
Kroos
Thiago

You should be scared.

How are you going to leave out the best one of all of them? :lol:

Muller runs the show.

Schurrle, Hazard, Mata, Mikel, Essien, De Bruyne, Oscar, Moses, Ramires, Lampard, and Van Ginkel is a better group than that. But I may be a bit biased.

Copy and pasted the tweet from my phone....I should have looked at the list a bit closer.

But either way, that Midfield is deadly.

Yeah, the away kit reminds me of the Invincibles era away kit.

So Ibra the Destroyer wants out of PSG if Cavani comes huh? Seems like it's falling apart for PSG...
you already know Ibra has a huge ego. Adding Cavani doesn't make sense tho. They are both very similar players.

I don't think they're similar. Although he's a quality goal scorer, Ibra is a bit oafish. Prone to fouling & getting yellow/red cards. Also, I've never seen a player get called off sides as much as Ibra does. He'd probably have more goals if he made a better effort to stay onside.

Cavani is a better all around player. Every bit as physical as Ibra but doesn't get called for fouls like Ibra. I also like that Cavani gets back to defend & defends tenaciously.

Hmmm, I wonder if Cesc is indeed moving. Barca has apparently made inquires to Marseille about "the small bike" - Mathieu Valbuena. I actually enjoyed watching him play last year. Love his quick technical ability which is married to a verytenacious/attacking style. Great dribbling skills also...

Thiago Silva's agent announced he's staying at PSG yesterday so it looks like they're turning their attention back on Roma's Marquinhos.

Last edited:
Cavani will get unveiled in front of the Eiffel Tower, PSG spending a cool 70mill euros on 2 players smh

LyonBC1 - you might be one of the few who keep up with Ligue "Une"

What do you think of Marseille's Valbuena? Have you been able to see him play?

no way i can see Cesc at united... more media BS

Truthfully, this seems more like a move to appease the fanbase specifically because Arsenal has the €29m buy-back clause in place.

I find it kind of weird that Wenger hasn't made an official inquiry into Cesc though & would move on someone Suarez. He's a superb striker but a complete basket case. He already swore off the British media & said he's now unhappy in England, why bother making a transfer proposal? Doesn't make much sense at all given all those extenuating circumstances.

Last edited:
:lol: You would mention that CoupeIt88.

I wanted to see that game. Did you get to watch it? If so how did the teams look? Did Marseille's Valbuena get to play?

Interesting comment I read on the United (Rooney) situation....

"The fact of the matter is Rooney handed in his first transfer request because he wasn't sure about the direction of the clubs new ownership and whether they aspired to progress by investing in new players. With a huge amount of debt the club the club had just sold Cristiano Ronaldo for 80 million the same year as getting rid of Carlos Tevez because they couldn't afford his wage. The club also got Dimitar Berbatov's substantial wage off the bill as well. I credit Rooney for being the only figure at United who is honest with the management policies in place and showing us the fans, the true state of affairs at the club. It's true that man Utd bought RVP last season, but since the Glazers took over consider the following figures:
when you add up the amount the owners have spent on new players compared to what they have made selling prized assets and reducing the wage bill, it is a suprise to find out that even Sunderland and Liverpool have invested more in the transfer market?

Bearing in mind this is all happening at the same time ticket prices have been massively inflated at the same rate as Manchester United's world record profits.

Is it any wonder that the chairman of the club announces that David Moyes has unlimited funds at his disposal, even 150 million for both Ronaldo and Bale. I don't know what I find funniest about why they released this statement;

Is it because they just signed the cheapest option for Fergie's replacement, and in his first game fielded a competitive side that lost to a makeshift Thailand XI?

Has that affected share prices I wonder? Whilst I support Moyes and think he'll do a good job at United given time and support he certainly wasn't the best candidate. He is a cheap alternative that fits the United brand of youth and longevity. Unfortunately the other brand is that of European Glory something Moyes has a clear lack off and the ability to draw great players to the club, which is convenient considering we don't have the money to buy them. This brings me to my next point.

Man Utd have been that strapped for cash they tried floating the club on the Singaporean Stock Exchange but were rejected due to the owners greedy demands. Why is the club not listed on the London Exchange one might wonder?
It might have something to do with the fact that shareholder don't have any voting rights with the certain type of shares that they hold which essentially means that all the investors are putting money into the club that they have no control over and are not entitled to dividends. Also the clubs business address is in the Cayman Islands now if you weren't already aware of this, to save money on tax, hopefully this is within the law...

And what about the Glazers use of the media, every season have you noticed that with the team desperately needing reinforcements we are linked with the worlds best players yet would you believe we get trumped in the final stages of every major negotiation. Think Wesley Sneijder, Lucus Moura, Eden Hazard, Lewendowski, Modric, and this year Bale and Ronaldo.
Realistically we were never even bidding for these players, it's just good media for investors and shareholders. We couldn't tie up a deal for Thiago Alcantara a World Cup winning captain that wants to go to a European Champions instead to sit on the
bench. Last year we lost our own World Cup best player and winning captain Paul Pogba because the glazers didn't want to alter the wage structure of our youth players!

So I applaude you Rooney. I'm a die hard Utd fan, but I wish you all the best even if you're somewhere else. I only ask that you please go abroad...

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...nsfer-manchester-united-2053610#ixzz2Z80moGrV
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook"

Last edited:
Cesc, eh?

Club trying to quiet the United fans that are starting to grumble by leaking a big name rumor? Smells kind of like that.

Read this somewhere...

"Two things Arsenal 1st option buy back clause and Arsenal 50% of sell on fee clause So Barca would need to sell in excsss of 50 million just to get their money back that assuming He changes his mind about never playing for another EPL side."

Seems like it's definitely to try and appease fans. Very unrealistic bid.

Cesc, eh?

Club trying to quiet the United fans that are starting to grumble by leaking a big name rumor? Smells kind of like that.

Read this somewhere...

"Two things Arsenal 1st option buy back clause and Arsenal 50% of sell on fee clause So Barca would need to sell in excsss of 50 million just to get their money back that assuming He changes his mind about never playing for another EPL side."

Seems like it's definitely to try and appease fans. Very unrealistic bid.

Yup and thank god we have all that **** in place despite the fact that we got bent over for his initial sale. Heads would ******g roll if our two ex captains lined up for United though. Riots would commence...I'd throw a chair word to to the Boondocks

:lol:

But seriously I think he cares to much about Wenger to stab him in the back like that, you never know though, but I REALLY hope theres nothing to this.

Last edited:
:lol: You would mention that CoupeIt88.

I wanted to see that game. Did you get to watch it? If so how did the teams look? Did Marseille's Valbuena get to play?

Na I didn't watch it.

How on earth did Iturbe curl that ball into the top corner? Amazing.

Kinda reminded me of this Villa goal... Curling it into the back of the net. Also love that Ray Hudson commentary...."What an eye for goal David Villa has, would make a cyclops jelous..." :lol:

Some of the traditional powers of the European game are gonna be left behind with no way out if this continues. How are teams like Arsenal and Liverpool gonna compete for PL titles when City and Chelsea and even Spurs are the top destinations for top talent? How are teams like Milan or Inter gonna compete against PSG? There has been a real shift in the past couple years away from traditional powers

Some of the traditional powers of the European game are gonna be left behind with no way out if this continues. How are teams like Arsenal and Liverpool gonna compete for PL titles when City and Chelsea and even Spurs are the top destinations for top talent? How are teams like Milan or Inter gonna compete against PSG? There has been a real shift in the past couple years away from traditional powers

What the **** are you talking about? :lol:

Spurs signed Paulinho yet you're acting like they signed Neymar. :lol: All the top talent going to Spurs? Modric left and Bale is gone next summer.

You sir need to calm down.

:lol:

You're talking about Spurs being ahead of Arsenal?

Stop chugging that cough syrup.

I've only seen him play a few times, but from what I recall he's a really strong attacking mid, and of course led Ligue 1 in assists this past season. He's very slight as far as size, but he's a talented, quick technical player. I guess Barca are keen on signing him? I saw that hes actually half Spanish and used to support them as a kid but he seems a bit "old" for them I'd think, as some sort of Thiago replacement?

He's only 28 but I'm just saying relatively speaking :lol: why not just give Cesc or any of their other mids some more pt? I guess I don't really see what he'd bring to Barca that they are in dire need of, he's a very good player but they have SO much midfield depth I don't think he'd play a ton there, definitely not like he does at OM. Barca need CB depth the most and a goalie I guess. I don't really think he's gonna add much on top of what they've got there I could be wrong though but I don't really see it.

Last edited:
Okay, maybe the dude over exaggerated by mentioning Spurs, but he does have a point. Football has changed so much in just the last 5 years.

I've only seen him play a few times, but from what I recall he's a really strong attacking mid, and of course led Ligue 1 in assists this past season. He's very slight as far as size, but he's a talented, quick technical player. I guess Barca are keen on signing him? I saw that hes actually half Spanish and used to support them as a kid but he seems a bit "old" for them I'd think, as some sort of Thiago replacement?

He's only 28 but I'm just saying relatively speaking :lol: why not just give Cesc or any of their other mids some more pt? I guess I don't really see what he'd bring to Barca that they are in dire need of, he's a very good player but they have SO much midfield depth I don't think he'd play a ton there, definitely not like he does at OM. Barca need CB depth the most and a goalie I guess. I don't really think he's gonna add much on top of what they've got there I could be wrong though but I don't really see it.

Your right about CB obviously. Thiago Silva's agent says he's staying at PSG yesterday so not sure if that's officially dead. Saw Barca going after Roma's Marquinhos again.

Barca does have some midfielders in the younger ranks but I guess they don't think they're ready for first team play. I think they want some depth because of injury concerns for the likes of Xavi. He missed some time last year. Wow, I didn't know Valbuena was half Spanish. I knew he passed really well, but also did know he led in assists.

One would think Cesc would factor in there. On paper stats wise he's done well but does seem out of place when not in the central role. A lot of people started in with the comments just after the Confed Cup finals saying Xavi looked old out on the pitch. While he's getting up in age, I think it had to do with the marathon game against The Azzurri. I think the whole Spanish team was pretty fatigued (or I could be an apologist :D).

When it's all said & done, I think Barca will have the CB they need for next season...

this ain't real life

This is the tattoo the fan had on his back.

Is Bayern gonna go after another ST, promote someone from the academy or go with a false 9 on occasion?
Top 50 sport franchises
Real Madrid, $3.3 billion
Manchester United, $3.165 billion
Barcelona, $2.6 billion
New York Yankees, $2.3 billion
Dallas Cowboys, $2.1 billion
New England Patriots, $1.635 billion
Los Angeles Dodgers, $1.615 billion
Washington ********, $1.6 billion
New York Giants, $1.468 billion
Arsenal, $1.326 billion
Boston Red Sox, $1.312 billion