The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

That dude proly has a shrine to Drogba like Giovanni Ribisi had for Ted... Proly dances to Tiffany vids too. Yuck, that guy on the pitch was creepy...

Last edited:
@FootballFunnys: Bayern's midfield next season:

Ribery
Martinez
Robben
Shaqiri
Gotze
Weiser
Gustavo
Schweinsteiger
Can
Kroos
Thiago

You should be scared.

How are you going to leave out the best one of all of them? :lol:

Muller runs the show.

Schurrle, Hazard, Mata, Mikel, Essien, De Bruyne, Oscar, Moses, Ramires, Lampard, and Van Ginkel is a better group than that. But I may be a bit biased.

Lol no.

Seems legit.

Honda to Milan looks like at getting closer to a deal. Free transfer if I'm not mistaken

@davidjaca €28m agreement between Sevilla and Man City for Álvaro Negredo from various reports (COPE, Estadio Deportivo etc) tonight.

Very interesting comment indeed, eiddyfouw. I've been noticing for some years now that while United is a great club they just don't attract the caliber of elite talent that clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Bayern Munich do. Money probably has the most to do with it too.

Honda to Milan looks like at getting closer to a deal. Free transfer if I'm not mistaken

He can leave on a free if they sign in January. Since Milan is not doing the best with cash they will probably just wait instead of paying a fee now.

Anyway, let's discuss who has had the best window to this point. Outside the obvious that spent heavy, you have to think that Juve picked up two excellent strikers for 10m Euro, as well as Ogbonna. Honestly, la Viola aren't far behind and I would pick them to be second best going into the season in Serie A.

A few mid-table clubs in the Prem have made really good moves, and it's tough to decide who between, Sunderland, Swansea, and Southampton have had the best summer on paper. Norwich have made some nice moves too that should add some quality to the squad. Really interested to catch a lot of action this season.

Also, I got to catch the Chelsea U-21s yesterday. Got to see a bit of Izzy Brown. Immense talent. Can't wait to see more of the kid.

Very interesting comment indeed, eiddyfouw. I've been noticing for some years now that while United is a great club they just don't attract the caliber of elite talent that clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Bayern Munich do. Money probably has the most to do with it too.

Seriously, it's a problem. If we're not attracting top names (Strootman, Moura, Hazard etc), and we're not promoting players enough (Pogba), then what are we doing? Simply riding off the incredible mind of the greatest manager to live. But as with all things, his reign has come to an end. I see why they hired Moyes, I'm not saying he's terrible at all, in fact he's a very good manager. But is he good enough to follow the best there is/was? No.

Although folks like Fear The Ibis are trollin with their midfields being better than Bayern's, the truth is, that Chelsea midfield is damn strong. City is improving their midfield as well.

Do we really think that we can compete for the title with Anderson, Valencia, Nani, Young, Carrick, Cleverly, Giggs? Without SAF? Then telling Rooney (one of our best passers) that he'll only be needed if RVP gets injured? Wut? :lol: I would rather have Rooney in Anderson or Cleverly or our resident One Trick Pony's (Young) place than have him on the bench like we don't need him. Especially when paying him around 225k wages a week. I just read a story that Moyes wants to sell 8 players to bring in new cash for players. And the players he apparently wants to bring in are Fellaini (obvious), Baines (obvious), Fabregas (never going to happen). Now one extra defender, one extra midfielder (all while getting rid of 2-3 midfielders) how on earth does that solve our midfield issue?

Meanwhile at even Liverpool, they're trying to land players like Eriksen.

There's just been a real lack of investment into the club (due to greedy owners), all while signing great sponsorship deals. I'm beginning to wonder if formal bids are even put forth to these players, or whether they're just feeding the media false stories to make it seems like investment into the club keeps being hindered by external forces.

On a positive note though, in recent years, sometimes we don't really know who United is going to sign until the jersey photo session is presented in the media. Hernandez, Kagawa and even Ronaldo were all transfers that popped out of thin air.

On a related note, Italian papers have Strootman arriving in Rome for a medical to finish that deal. Hopefully that clears the way for DDR to move. Something I badly want as a Chelsea and Michael Bradley supporter...

Edit: Giaccherini to Sunderland is official now.

Last edited:
eiddyfouw - I wouldn't worry too much about the direction of Man U. Sir Alex has built a power house & the team has enough resources to continue to succeed. Sure there will be a period of adjustment. Not only did you get a new manager in Moyes, but you also have new leadership in Ed Woodard.

I do think missing out on Thiago was a huge miss, but I wouldn't fret too much. Over the last several years you've seen Man U add the likes of Chica, de Gea, Van Persie, & Kagawa. All have proven to play well for the Red Devils.

You guys will be fine. Perhaps not next year but you will be fine.

Some of the traditional powers of the European game are gonna be left behind with no way out if this continues. How are teams like Arsenal and Liverpool gonna compete for PL titles when City and Chelsea and even Spurs are the top destinations for top talent? How are teams like Milan or Inter gonna compete against PSG? There has been a real shift in the past couple years away from traditional powers
Make better signings while they are still relevant and attempt to make some noise. . As a Liverpool fan, I hate many of the signings that they have done in the past. The Andy Carroll goal machine, Jordan Henderson, Joe Allen, Stewart downing . I don't think they are bad signings, I just think Liverpool overpaid for them. After all they aren't in their prime yet. I guess Liverpool scouts saw some hints of brilliance in said players and the teams who owned the players at the time decided to profit off of the situation.

Thiago at Bayern Munich presentation.
Dont see him getting more play time here but only time will tell.

Cavani at PSG.
Will Ibra be ok sharing the spotlight with Cavani. Been reading that he wants to leave.
If he stays those two are gonna do damage.

Callejon at Napoli.

Last edited:
Juve has conducted the best business in this current transfer window.

Should threaten Bayern, Madrid, Barca, and Chelsea for CL.

Joel Campbell officially received his work permit. Wenger will look to loan him out to a PL club. Crystal Palace was interested in May. Good replacement for Zaha

I just do not understand this Thiago going to Bayern. Still quite shocked.

I know him and Pep are tight, but what about Gotze, Kroos, Scwan, Ribery, Robben, Mueller? It's just so odd.

This can cause so many problems. Might as well try to get rid of at least one of them.

Back
Top Bottom