The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Looks like the Jona deal to Anoeta is done. Another team in Europe with two Mexicans, let's see who they draw and if they make it to the group stage of the Champions...

im tired of this rooney stuff

You're not alone here. Either keep him, or sell him. Rooney must either accept his new role or not. Plain and simple. Everyone needs to move forward now...

With that being said though, this should mean Kagawa will be on his role this season, that is something I'm really looking forward to seeing...

Moyes is doing exactly what I think SAF would have done with this Rooney situation.. its obvious the club doesnt want him, so you tell him and everyone you wanna keep him BUT he will have a bench role (knowing damn well he wont accept this and request a transfer). We are forcing his hand.. and i dont mind one bit.. the kid is not a red, he has no loyalty to a club that made him a star.. he can piss off for all I care... Just need to make sure that transfer money is top notch.

on a side note.. i like everyone else was extremely worried about Moyes ability to draw talent from europe.. something that seems VERY apparent already. Willing to bet we will just end up raiding everton for his old players

Last edited:
im tired of this rooney stuff
You're not alone here. Either keep him, or sell him. Rooney must either accept his new role or not. Plain and simple. Everyone needs to move forward now...

With that being said though, this should mean Kagawa will be on his role this season, that is something I'm really looking forward to seeing...
Me too.  I've stuck with him all the way, but it's just getting tiresome and annoying.  Let's just get this over with. 

Moyes just putting him in his place... no one's bigger than the club.

I guess the problem now, with regards to new signings, is that kids want to play for Utd under SAF... can't say that anymore.

@SkySportsNews

Sky sources: Manchester United reject Chelsea bid for Wayne Rooney #SSN

Supposedly it was a player plus 10 mil... everyone is saying its Mata.. which i HIGHLY doubt united would pass on

Supposedly it was a player plus 10 mil... everyone is saying its Mata.. which i HIGHLY doubt united would pass on

Not a change in hell it was Mata.

SAF would have forged Moyes' signature on the contract if need be, if it was Mata.

"Chelsea will have to spend £80m to land Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney. The package would include £28m committed to a transfer fee, with his five-year contract on £200,000-a-week wages costing £52m."- The Sun

:lol:

Jose really doesnt rate Mata huh?.. good news for us.. cmon you greedy glazers, make this deal happen

United should obviously do their best to sell Wazza outside the league, a RM or PSG type club.

High transfer fee and he won't haunt you twice a campaign.

I'm gonna be PISSED if Mata gets included in a deal for Rooney. I also just got a Mata kit so that has something to do with it haha.

I they really included Mata AND a large sum of cash then Chelsea management must be on bath salts :lol: I don't believe that, Mata was one of the best players in the league last season

Why do people believe any nonsense from The Sun?

ESPN and Sky have statement from Chelsea confirming they made a bid yesterday, but no players involved.

Jose really doesnt rate Mata huh?.. good news for us.. cmon you greedy glazers, make this deal happen

Just yesterday Jose said this in his press conference:

"With Mata, I need to get to know him better. I like sometimes to play with what I call 'wingers with the wrong foot' – right-footed men on the left and left-footed men on the right. He is the only left-footed player we have when we want to play with a winger on the right side, but the competition is hard. We will have Schurrle, De Bruyne, Mata, Oscar, Hazard and Moses for these three positions and so we have many more options than Chelsea had in the last year. These are crucial positions for me. I like these players to play with high intensity so to have five players for three positions is, I think, brilliant for me. It's fantastic."

Somehow Jose talking about what position he's going to play Mata in got twisted into "Jose wants Mata out". This is ridiculous. :lol:

We already have one crybaby striker on our roster who sulks and pouts when he doesn't get his way, we don't need another. :smh:

There's no doubt Rooney is still an elite player but the way he's handled his exit from United plus his ridiculous attitude/ego makes me not want him anywhere near Stamford Bridge.

Team has like perfect chemistry right now, don't bring in some egomaniac striker. :smh:

For all of those saying Rooney is a crbaby/ sulk, has anone actuall heard or read anything about him complaining???? And what other elite striker would be happy being a bench player during his prime. As Chelsea fan i wouldnt gladly welcome Rooney to the bridge

For all of those saying Rooney is a crbaby/ sulk, has anone actuall heard or read anything about him complaining???? And what other elite striker would be happy being a bench player during his prime. As Chelsea fan i wouldnt gladly welcome Rooney to the bridge

It's not secret that he's been disciplined at times by SAF. SAF has even called him out in the media before. He's handed in at least 2 or 3 transfer requests during his time at United. And instead of handling things professionally and quietly, he has made his gripes public. Just seems a bit immature to me. He wanted Moyes to guarantee him a place in the starting XI rather than earn it with his play. Which, speaking of his play, has been very inconsistent. He's world class when he's on form, but as of late he's just an out of shape, out of form striker with attitude issues. For the price tag that he will come with I'd rather pass.

Last edited:
You're absolutely right BlackMomo we're all discussing Shrek based on what the UK press is speculating about which doesn't have a great reputation for reporting the truth. It is the summer transfer season though so speculating about rumors is always ridiculously fun.

Looks like Barca & Pep are in a war of words. I hope it doesn't end up like it was when Cruyff left the club. There were pro-Cruyff & anti-Cruyff factions in the club & in the fan base. I was pro-Cruyff back then even though he's a loud mouth.

Tito really put Pep out there recently...

Goal.com's Transfer Talk episode #13.

And speaking of UK press...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-reportedly-bid-Roma-defender-Marquinhos.html

Man United launch bid for Roma defender Marquinhos but PSG remain favourites
By ADAM CRAFTON
PUBLISHED: 06:48 EST, 16 July 2013 | UPDATED: 08:26 EST, 16 July 2013

The agent of Brazilian youngster Marquinhos has claimed that Manchester United want to sign the defender.

Marquinhos, a 19-year-old centre half who has impressed in Italy after a series of dominant performances for Roma last season, is understood to be attracting the attention of Europe’s leading club.

Speaking to Mundo Deportivo, agent Roberto Calenda said: ‘There are offers from PSG, Manchester United and Barcelona - and Roma could accept one of them.

It is believed that PSG are the favourites to snap up the highly-rated teenager, with reports suggesting that the player’s agent has been negotiating a 5-year-deal with the French Champions. Roma are looking for a bid of around £25million.

Barcelona, who are keen to bolster a defence that was last season left exposed by injuries to Carles Puyol and a downturn in form for Gerard Pique, are also monitoring the situation but the Catalan side’s No 1 target remains Thiago Silva of PSG.

While United have shown an interest, the Red Devils would appear to be the side with the least need to bring in defensive reinforcements ahead of the new season.

Despite concerns over Nemanja Vidic’s injury problems and Rio Ferdinand’s advancing years, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling and Jonny Evans are seen as the future at the heart of the United defence.

Roma, meanwhile, are believed to have given Marquinhos their blessing to leave the club and the Italians have already brought in a replacement - Moroccoan defender Medhi Benatia from Udinese.

Last edited:
Le Football Man ‏@LeFootballMan_ 8m
Alvaro Negredo signs for Man City.

I'm still waiting for confirmation, but LFM is generally pretty solid.

Last edited:
Fear the Ibs, didnt Rooney only put a transfer request in once but ended up resigning with the club. The only other time we heard about a transfer request it was by SAF and even Roone denied it ever doing so. The club is putting this out to the media so he does put in a request and the owners dont look as the bad guy for selling him. Also, what Chelsea striker are crybabies??? Torres has been a disappointment but not once has he complained. It was Roman who was mad when RDM wasnt plaing him. ou can sa what you want about Torres but he has been professional since coming to the club

Wait....just saw a report by French Football weekly, Hulk to Monaco for 60million?!?! Why are the rest of the teams even playing :lol: smhhh if true that's wild. We're playing for 3rd

Wait....just saw a report by French Football weekly, Hulk to Monaco for 60million?!?! Why are the rest of the teams even playing :lol: smhhh if true that's wild. We're playing for 3rd

If that new proposed french tax comes into play, a bunch of those players will be on the first thing smoking out of there....

Back
Top Bottom