The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Meh on Citeh... but HK baby! 
tongue.gif

Nike-Man_City_Away_HK_detail.jpg

Last edited:
City's away jersey is pretty slick. I can dig it. Still goin with the 3rd jersey if the real deal comes out looking like the leaked pics.

Don't think there's ever been a season in which the winner's of every top league in England, Spain, and Germany all had a managerial change. Not to mention Chelsea, City, Madrid, and PSG all changing managers too. Pretty crazy.

@NextGenSeries Chelsea manager Jose Mournho says quartet Nathaniel Chalobah, Josh McEachran, Lucas Piazon and Wallace will be loaned out next season.
@GFN_France OFFICIAL: Sevilla have announced the the signing Kevin Gameiro on a 5 year deal. #PSG fee €8m and €2m in bonuses
@1970_PSG According to Eurosport, Everton, Fulham and WBA have all enquired about Clement Chantome. Continuously linked with a move to England
@GetFootballNews Manchester United could be ready to sell Portuguese winger Nani to Monaco for around €10 million. [L'Équipe]
@DeadlineDayLive Gareth Bale has told Tottenham that he wants to leave and has already agreed a six-year deal with Real Madrid. (Source: Marca)
Fiorentina sign Ilicic from Palermo

Last edited:
@NextGenSeries Chelsea manager Jose Mournho says quartet Nathaniel Chalobah, Josh McEachran, Lucas Piazon and Wallace will be loaned out next season.
@GFN_France OFFICIAL: Sevilla have announced the the signing Kevin Gameiro on a 5 year deal. #PSG fee €8m and €2m in bonuses
@1970_PSG According to Eurosport, Everton, Fulham and WBA have all enquired about Clement Chantome. Continuously linked with a move to England
@GetFootballNews Manchester United could be ready to sell Portuguese winger Nani to Monaco for around €10 million. [L'Équipe]
@DeadlineDayLive Gareth Bale has told Tottenham that he wants to leave and has already agreed a six-year deal with Real Madrid. (Source: Marca)

say what!!!!

Last edited:
So i don't expect Barca to do anything in the transfer window for at least a week. Tata needs to spend some time with them before making any decisions on players. I am very excited about what he will being to the club. He will make us unpredictable again i think.

say what!!!!

"The Beckham Law that once helped attract foreign stars as it put them in a lower tax bracket has gone, and banks no longer lend clubs money – Madrid were lent €150m in 2008 when they spent €250m on new players. These are changes that have made the purchase of Gareth Bale beyond the club’s reach this summer."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ain-la-liga-in-financial-turmoil-8721595.html

Nice!!! A latin american running the greatest team in the world. Tata will keep the ball on the ground and let his playmakers shine....El Juego Bonito.

Wait is Bale's transfer official :\

According to what I have read, no.

Marca claims he's agreed in principle to a deal at Madrid.

The Marca writer Carlos Carpio went so far as to write Bale has told Spurs chariman Daniel Levy that he wants to transfer. The same story quotes Bale's agent as saying Bale has wanted to play for RM since he was a kid which comes as a surprise.

If Bale does leave, Levy can only blame himself for building a slightly above mediocre team around Bale. They bid €22-€26 for Valencia striker Roberto Soldado when they're asking for €30 & Valencia closed off talks. :rolleyes

Think Levy was negotiating like he had car fax or something on Solado which Monaco clearly didn't have Falcao... :D

http://www.marca.com/2013/07/23/en/football/real_madrid/1374561714.html

Last edited:
Well, as of a few hours ago, he was still here in HK training with the Spurs. AVB said that he won't play against Sunderland tomorrow, but "might" on Saturday... unless he suddenly leaves! 
nerd.gif

I can't believe West Ham will even be able to fit 80k people, wow.

they don't have to fit all seats all the time.There are a lot of teams using their nation's official/biggest arena and they don't fill the seats. Hertha Berlin and Club America are 2 of them. It's mostly about can the team afford to be there the whole time and probably need a minimum amount or a good average to keep the place. But people also complain that they have the biggest stadiums and venues in the world and there not being put into any use. calling the constructions "a waste of money" so West Ham has that in their favor

Also, I didn't know Prince William was President of the FA and supporter of Aston Villa. He's the one who just had the baby with Kate

they don't have to fit all seats all the time.There are a lot of teams using their nation's official/biggest arena and they don't fill the seats. Hertha Berlin and Club America are 2 of them. It's mostly about can the team afford to be there the whole time and probably need a minimum amount or a good average to keep the place. But people also complain that they have the biggest stadiums and venues in the world and there not being put into any use. calling the constructions "a waste of money" so West Ham has that in their favor

Also, I didn't know Prince William was President of the FA and supporter of Aston Villa. He's the one who just had the baby with Kate

Villa sent them a gift...

But you're right, it's a big jump for the club, but however, with investment in the club, there's no reason why West Ham couldn't be a midtable PL club. With it's location in London, their attendance could certainly grow.

That's a great point especially given the state of the economy in the world today. The Hammers have an extensive history counting players like Bobby Moore, Martin Peters, & Geoff Hurst who were on the English team that won the '66 World Cup among their ex-players.

Several pages back, we were talking about youth academies & one of my co-workers who knows a lot about the Prem & it's history reminded me of their youth academy which includes alumni like 3 mentioned above, 'Arry Redknapp, Frank Lampard Sr. & Jr., Joe Cole, Rio & Anton Ferdinand, Michael Carrick, & a host of others...

Their history is actually kinda fascinating as are the histories of all these clubs...

West Ham has been in talks to take over the Olympic Stadium since like 2010 before the stadium construction was even completed :lol:

I believe Tottenham was in the runnings for a little while; as well as rugby and cricket clubs

@AFCM18 Arsenal to offer Suarez £150,000 a week. 5 year contract. (Mirror)
@DeadlineDayLive Arsenal have offered £40,000,001 for Liverpool striker Luis Suárez. Any offer over £40m would have to initiate talks. (Source: The Guardian) :lol: *trollface*
@arseblognews New: Arsenal pocket €31.4 million from UCL run http://p1r.es/1aGGDR5
@ArsenalReport Estimated injury length for Koscielny is 5 weeks, Szczesny 4 weeks. Might just make it back before Spurs.
@SkyFootball Reports in the Spanish press claim that Gareth Bale has agreed a six-year deal with Real Madrid: http://bit.ly/13AkDoU

Back
Top Bottom