The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Glad to see OM at the top...good job, boys. :smokin

Also, glad we got another clean sheet vs Stoke...always tough to come out of the Britannia with anything, need to get a win next week at Anfield.

LPs defense is shaky, but our back line will surely be put to the test. Especially with Sahin and whoever else they sign, their offense will only be that much better.
By then we should have a new signing or two, maybe even three.
Santos made a sarcastic tweet about not getting any playing time...at least he's hungry.

Lyon is right behind OM, we're coming for your spot :pimp:

Last edited:
Amazon gave me $27 for trading in Fifa 12. I would jump on that deal if you're getting 13

Last edited:
City's new away Euro kit is gorgeous....

Argentine left-back Fabian Monzon joined Lyon on a four-year contract on Sunday in a deal that saw French forward Jeremy Pied move in the opposite direction to join Nice.
Lyon annouced the deal on Sunday evening, revealing that they had paid Nice €3m potentially rising to €4m with bonuses.
Inter is off to a good start
In the Roma v Catania game, De Rossi chipped the ball to Osvaldo who scored with a lovely bicycle kick.....really wish Giroud had made his but at least he is confident

WTF is up with Real Madrid? They need to bring in a transfer man. Something to boost this club. They'll rebound though.

Btw, my boy tried to tell me CR7 is starting to fall off. I don't wanna believe it.

Ronaldo's just had 2 weeks which haven't been that good, so it's out of place to say that Ronaldo's starting to fall off, that's presuming. Let the season develop a little more and it'll be easier to say if Ronaldo's started to fall off or not.

Last edited:
Ronaldo will be fine, its the rest of Real Madrid that need are suspect. Barcelona got better during the off season while Real hasn't. I said this years ago when Valencia was cleaning house, they need David Silva.

As for City's jerseys :smokin Umbro makes the best/classiest kits in the game. Nike and Adidas have fallen off.

Ronaldo will be fine, its the rest of Real Madrid that need are suspect. Barcelona got better during the off season while Real hasn't. I said this years ago when Valencia was cleaning house, they need David Silva.
As for City's jerseys :smokin Umbro makes the best/classiest kits in the game. Nike and Adidas have fallen off.

Umbro is a subsidiary of Nike, they may need to collaborate a little more though

Umbro is a subsidiary of Nike, they may need to collaborate a little more though
not anymore

Kind of wished City would have sticked with Umbro instead of partnering with Nike. I just hope Nike makes a good looking City kit next year.

The Euro away kit is :pimp:

CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT
Posted 27 August 2012 08:51am
CLUB ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT WITH REAL MADRID AND TRANSFER OF LUKA MODRIC

The Club can announce that it has signed a partnership agreement with Real Madrid FC and reached agreement for the transfer of Luka Modric, subject to medical, to the Spanish club.
The partnership agreement will see the two Clubs working together in respect of players, coaching, best practices and commercial relationships.
Real Madrid FC President, Florentino Perez Rodriguez, said, "The strong relationship and affinity between our two clubs has resulted in the cementing of a longer-term partnership and the successful transfer of Luka Modric. We are delighted to welcome Luka and look forward to working closely with Tottenham in the coming years."
Daniel Levy, Chairman, Tottenham Hotspur, commented, "Luka has been a terrific player for us and, whilst we preferred not to part with him, we are pleased that it is to Real Madrid, a club with which we now look forward to sharing a long and productive partnership."
Luka made 160 appearances for the Club, scoring 17 goals after joining from Dinamo Zagreb in the summer of 2008.
We wish him well for the future.

I guess we are officially Madrid's feeder club? :lol:

:stoneface:

:rofl:

@GNev2: @SkySportsNews Partnership agreement. How's that gonna work?
RM- I want Modric
Spurs yes ok
Spurs- I want Ozil
RM- no
Spurs- Ok then

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Partnership agreement? That doesn't make any damn sense.

I think RM had/have a partnership agreement with Real Salt Lake too...Spurs on that level now? :lol:

Argentine left-back Fabian Monzon joined Lyon on a four-year contract on Sunday in a deal that saw French forward Jeremy Pied move in the opposite direction to join Nice.

Lyon annouced the deal on Sunday evening, revealing that they had paid Nice €3m potentially rising to €4m with bonuses.

Inter is off to a good start

In the Roma v Catania game, De Rossi chipped the ball to Osvaldo who scored with a lovely bicycle kick.....really wish Giroud had made his but at least he is confident

I like that move, we needed to get a replacement for Cissokho since he transferred...I think we're gonna have a strong season and I love that PSG continues to suck :lol:

Congrats to Thierry Henry on his first son.

Born in NY. :nerd:

Congrats to him!
Arsene needs to sign him soon :pimp:

Future USMNT starting striker in 2032 world cup? :nerd: :nerd: :lol:

Last edited:
  • Swansea winger Scott Sinclair, 23, looks set to complete his move to Manchester City on Tuesday for a transfer fee believed to be £6.2m. - Daily Mail
  • Manchester United and Everton are both interested in signing Leicester's 19-year-old defender Liam Moore, who has made just five appearances for the club. - Daily Mirror
  • Tottenham are planning to spend £50m on players before the transfer window shuts on Friday. Their six main targets include midfielders Joao Moutinho, 25, and Willian, 24. - Metro
  • Everton are also hoping to sign Wolves striker Kevin Doyle, 28, although they face competition from Aston Villa. - Daily Mirror
  • Wigan are planning a bid for 24-year-old Bolton winger Lee Chung-yong, who is valued at around £7m. - Daily Mail

WTF is up with Real Madrid? They need to bring in a transfer man. Something to boost this club. They'll rebound though.
Btw, my boy tried to tell me CR7 is starting to fall off. I don't wanna believe it.
I was unable to catch the Getafe match but I know for a fact, in the Barca (SC first-leg) and Valencia (La Liga opener), CR7 was not getting half enough service or touches on the ball. The club as a whole does not look sharp or in-form. Meanwhile in terms of CL, Chelsea looks to be in mid-season form. City even looks better than us currently despite a close call against Southampton and one point in the LFC fixture.

I doubt anyone's watching Atlético vs. Athletic, but Falcao's in beast mode. He's scored 2 goals so far. The second goal was crazy. Godin got an off balance cross and Falcao follow up with a shot from a pretty bad angle and it still went in.

Back
Top Bottom