The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

No end product. :smh: I'm going to lose it if Gervinho is anywhere near the Anfield pitch. Ox better start.
Our right side is just poor beyond belief, Jenkinson and Gervinho...:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Both cant beat their man, cant get a cross in, cant shoot...NOTHING.

gervinho was really a pain to watch today. giroud is playing hard, but i don't know, i'd rather him see him as a sub than starting.

loved what we saw from podolski and santi today. santi looked to be the only one willing to let it fly from outside. and podolski was all over the place.

Offensively Jenks still lacks but overall....vs Stoke: 80% pass success, 3/5 tackles completed, 2 clearances, 50% aerial duel success

Gervinho was horrible today, looked like he was sleeping. Hopefully OX starts over him.

AW says he isn't interested in Tiote.

Gibbs was looking good today, over all our defense was looking good today.

It just might be possible that we offload Shava, Chamakh, Park and Bendter this week

Damn these orange/yellow Barca shirts are absolutely disgusting. Makes it hard to watch the damn game.

And there's the goal for Osasuna :smh: Always a problem for Barca.

Last edited:
  • Arsenal are set to make an ambitious bid to sign midfielder Cheick Tiote, 26, from Newcastle. - Sunday Mirror
  • Swansea manager Michael Laudrup insists that 23-year-old winger Scott Sinclair's potential move to Manchester City is far from a done deal. - talkSPORT
  • Tottenham are on alert as Manchester United prepare to offload Nani and Anderson to offset a busy summer of spending in the transfer market. - Mail on Sunday
  • Newcastle will make a third and final offer of around £6m to French side Lille later this week for 27-year-old French right-back Mathieu Debuchy. - Sunday Mirror
  • Manchester United are plotting a £9m swoop for St Etienne defender Kurt Zouma, 17. - the Sun
  • Newcastle manager Alan Pardew does not expect the club to make another bid for Liverpool striker Andy Carroll, 23, before the end of the transfer window. - Goal.com
  • Stoke will have to pay £500,000 for Rangers' United States international midfielder Maurice Edu, 26. - Daily Star
  • Arsenal and Spurs are set to renew their interest in Barcelona's Dutch international midfielder Ibrahim Afellay, but Liverpool will not be in the market for the 26-year-old having had a bid rejected several weeks ago. - Metro
  • Sunderland are weighing up a move for Tottenham defender Michael ­Dawson, 28, who has rejected a move to QPR. - Sunday Mirror
  • Tottenham are set to press ahead with a move for Birmingham City's England international goalkeeper Jack Butland, 19, who is also thought to be interesting Liverpool and Manchester City. - Mail on Sunday
  • Fulham manager Martin Jol and striker Clint Dempsey, 29, are no longer on speaking terms over the American's desire to move to Liverpool. - talkSPORT
  • Meanwhile, the Cottagers have stepped up their chase for £3m-rated Ivory Coast striker Yannick Sagbo, 24. - the Sun
  • Blackburn Rovers are looking at Southampton striker Rickie Lambert, 30, and forward Luke Moore of Swansea, 26, after giving up their chase for Huddersfield's Jordan Rhodes. - Lancashire Telegraph
  • Huddersfield Town manager Simon Grayson hopes to land Dundee United striker Johnny Russell, despite the £2m price tag, with the Tannadice club keen to cash in before the 22-year-old is out of contract in the summer. Grayson also wants United winger Gary Mackay-Steven but might have to settle for one of his two targets. - People
  • Celtic have initiated talks with Auxerre over the transfer of Willy Boly as manager Neil Lennon seeks a dominant centre-half. - Mail on Sunday
  • Celtic will this week sign Maya Yoshida from Dutch club VVV Venlo, the Japanese defender having missed out on a move to Aston Villa and attracted interest from Southampton this summer. - Sunday Mirror
  • Celtic manager Neil Lennon has asked chief executive Peter Lawwell if he can spend some of the money from the sale to Swansea City of Ki Sung-Yeung on Rosenborg midfielder Markus Henriksen. - Mail on Sunday
  • Hibernian have targeted former Chelsea midfielder Tom Taiwo, who has turned down a new contract with Carlisle United, but are likely to fail in a bid to land Watford winger Craig Forsyth on loan. - Sunday Post

Nothing is clicking for Barca. They are struggling on all sides. Every time the ball touches Valdés feet I get worried. He should just clear it every time and not try and dribble.

Last edited:
Osasuna should be winning this match with all and Barca's comeback. It should be like 3-2 Osasuna, but they failed to convert a lot of shots on target. Nice late second half comeback by Barca by 2 Messi goals. Messi's goals really turned down the Osasuna crowd.

mean.gif
 So many empty seats in the Getafe stadium.

And what an odd injury for Alonso... 

EDIT ~ Getafe! 
eek.gif

Last edited:
Argentine left-back Fabian Monzon joined Lyon on a four-year contract on Sunday in a deal that saw French forward Jeremy Pied move in the opposite direction to join Nice.

Lyon annouced the deal on Sunday evening, revealing that they had paid Nice €3m potentially rising to €4m with bonuses.

Inter is off to a good start

In the Roma v Catania game, De Rossi chipped the ball to Osvaldo who scored with a lovely bicycle kick.....really wish Giroud had made his but at least he is confident

has anyone heard a rumor that personal terms and a fee have been agreed for a Patrice Evra January transfer to liverpoor

lol at people who compared ronaldo to messi :s Iniesta>CR7 though? Idk about that.
Still blows my mind on how Sahin went to Liverpool over Arsenal, Heard Huntelaar might be going to Liverpool too lol

Last edited:
Glad to see OM at the top...good job, boys. :smokin

Also, glad we got another clean sheet vs Stoke...always tough to come out of the Britannia with anything, need to get a win next week at Anfield.

Real lost to Getafe, 1-2. Ronaldo has maintained himself quiet in these first 2 rounds and even though he scored in El Clásico off a header, he was quiet in that match also. Had the Soldado goal from last week not be called offside at the Bernabéu, Real would have 0 points.

I didn't get to watch Valencia vs. Deportivo cause I was at church, but that looked like a really good game. I watched the highlights when I got home and it looked really good. It ended in a 3-3 draw. Soldado scored twice. Here's a video of the second goal by Soldado, it was really nice:

Back
Top Bottom