The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Every transfer window, Arsenal fans delude themselves into thinking Wenger will splash the cash on a big name. Santi Cazorla was the highest priced player ever purchased and from most accounts, he went for £16-20m. That's the highest price paid EVER. Edinson Cavani? Mario Gotze? >D :lol:

Not even really knocking Arsenal transfer policy. They're able to find great value. It's just ridiculous they get linked to all these names that clearly will go for much more than they've historically been willing to pay.
I think, for the most part, fans are done with being willingly delusional. I dont know one person who thinks Arsenal will actually make a big splash, especially in this window. I mean, it'd be nice to see a big name player come in, but no one really expects it anymore.

That Zlatan challenge :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Great list :lol:

Last edited:
Every transfer window, Arsenal fans delude themselves into thinking Wenger will splash the cash on a big name. Santi Cazorla was the highest priced player ever purchased and from most accounts, he went for £16-20m. That's the highest price paid EVER. Edinson Cavani? Mario Gotze? >D :lol:

Not even really knocking Arsenal transfer policy. They're able to find great value. It's just ridiculous they get linked to all these names that clearly will go for much more than they've historically been willing to pay.

I don't think actually fans ever really think that Arsenal really will. We hope it. Because we know we really can't get by in the manner that we do. Arsenal knows it but they either fail to move, make moves but the player gets picked up by another club, or we get subpar playser, Gervinho. Some how we get linked to every player :lol:

Chicha needs to go out on loan. I respect him staying positive and not bad mouthing SAF or MUFC but the boy needs to play.

Chicha needs to go out on loan. I respect him staying positive and not bad mouthing SAF or MUFC but the boy needs to play.

Our strikers all fulfill different roles. Rooney hasn't played as a true striker in a bit. He's playing a deeper position and is tasked with making plays happen. Welbeck can play on the wing as well as up front. Chicharito plays the poacher role perfectly and is our second best source of goals behind RVP.

Injuries happen and I'd rather have the luxury of more top class forwards then not having enough. Rooney went out for a bit just recently and Chicharito was missing chunks of time last season. RVP's history of injuries is also always a mild concern.

If anyone had to go, I'd say it'd be Welbeck.

Interesting revelations from the Saints...

Southampton: Nigel Adkins sacked, Mauricio Pochettino in
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21079956

Doesn't make sense.

In your promotion season, all you want to do, is do what Norwich and Swansea did....SURVIVE (if you do better than that, like Swansea great). Just get by, build up some cash reserves and then spend more in the summer to build the squad once you've stayed up for a season. That's exactly what Southampton is on target to do. Manager brought them up in 2 promotions now to the Prem.

Their next six games are as follows:

BPL 21 Jan 2013
v Everton (H)

BPL 30 Jan 2013
v Man Utd (A)

BPL 2 Feb 2013
v Wigan (A)

BPL 9 Feb 2013
v Man City (H)

BPL 24 Feb 2013
v Newcastle (A)

BPL 2 Mar 2013
v QPR (H)

Whilst they're not easy games, they've been playing pretty damn well for a promoted team. 1 lost in past 6 games.

This could be the move that sinks the Saints. Only time will tell.

Wow at the Kompany article such a stand up guy. Every player/manager he's come in contact with always has good things to say about him.

Giovani just scored for Mallorca...good to see him getting some goals...

Schalke vs Hannover turning out to be a real interesting match.... 2-2 with 30m to play...

Last edited:

QPR grounds today....looks like it's going to be a very cold weekend....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom