The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

There is no need to Chime in as there is NO WAY IN HELL Chelsea is selling David Luiz.

He may be the least likeliest player on the whole team that Chelsea would sell.

This is one of the dumbest rumors ever.

Dude the rumors hold weight, hes def not the type of CB Jose wants. He wants a strong back line.

Im not feeling the Benteke move to Liverpool. I just cant picture him in a reds kit.. If we do get him, I hope he doesn't end up like another Andy Carrol.

There is no need to Chime in as there is NO WAY IN HELL Chelsea is selling David Luiz.

He may be the least likeliest player on the whole team that Chelsea would sell.

This is one of the dumbest rumors ever.

Dude the rumors hold weight, hes def not the type of CB Jose wants. He wants a strong back line.

Find me a quote that says Jose doesn't want the type of CB DL is.

I hope you're right Ibis, but I differ from you in that I don't think that much of Luiz. From what I've seen, he's overrated. Not consistent from game to game.

I definitely agree that he needs to be more consistent. But if you notice, he's really at his best when we play the best teams or on the bigger stages because he's more conservative and doesn't venture forward as much. It's when we play the weak teams that he gets relaxed and too comfortable so he becomes a bit more erratic and sometimes can get caught out. But a manger like Jose will be perfect for him because he'll instill that discipline in him.

Also, the David Luiz in midfield experiment has got to end.

Find me a quote that says Jose doesn't want the type of CB DL is
i think it's just his record. when you look at teams his built (or re-built) his defense is made up of strong-standing 100% defenders, with the exception of Ramos. And even then, a wing-back moving to center is the closest thing Mourinho has come to an 'attack minded' defender.

But i don't agree..... I think Luiz is way to valuable (and straight up GOOD) to be sold. Hes too versatile and skilled. Maybe good to take Mikel's spot, maybe more of a stopper then him, but anywhere on the field for Chels is better then being sold to any team!

Simply put, hes the kind of player that you sell players to try to buy, NOT the other way around!!

Last edited:
16.55  More Mourinho quotes now. And it turns out that - according to Jose - it took only five minutes to agree to re-sign for Chelsea when he met up with Roman Abramovich. "The re-marriage had to happen after that," he said.

The new Barca kit looks good. But it hurts that Neymar has turned down the volume on his hair... :\

Also, Neymar now taking a "victory lap" around the stadium to the sounds of "Call Me Maybe"...what? :lol:

Last edited:
Info on Neymar's AM90's? :nerd:

2013-06-03_NEYMAR_HOSPITAL_DE_BARCELONA_-_01-Optimized.v1370273424.JPG

2013-06-03_NEYMAR_25-Optimized.v1370263946.JPG

Find me a quote that says Jose doesn't want the type of CB DL is.

If you want a direct quote I can't find you one, he jut got to Chelsea today lol. I can just go by Jose's track record of defensive CB's and tell you Luiz isn't his type.

Maybe not. But that doesn't mean he will be sold. And that doesn't mean he can't adapt.

And since we're going by Jose's track record...he has never once come into a club and sold a player of note the first year. He didn't sell anybody at Chelsea, Inter, or Madrid (who mattered) the first summer he came in so I don't know why people think he's going to come in and automatically sell our starting CB and one of our best overall players. It's just nonsense.

Even though Messi is there, looks like Neymar is becoming the new face of Barca. Messi has like zero personality and no marketability outside of his play on the pitch. Whereas you can tell Neymar has the personality and aura to be highly marketable.

Back
Top Bottom