The Walking Dead - Official Thread

When people were first talking about Tyrese last season, I was wondering why they wanted him on the show :lol:. I thought they were Fast and Furious fans and liked his acting for some weird reason.

When people were first talking about Tyrese last season, I was wondering why they wanted him on the show :lol:. I thought they were Fast and Furious fans and liked his acting for some weird reason.

The real Tyrese would've made a fan of this show again.

WE HONGRY!!!

Ty was the best comic book character. I strongly urge everyone to read the comics. They really don't spoil the show in any way, its all so different now.

I sat and read most of them during a 9 hour flight, and literally couldn't stop. During the death of certain characters I was seriously cut deep. I was probably still morning their deaths the next day :lol:

prolly reason they makin tyrese the gov's dude is because rick already has what tyrese was to him in the comics in daryl.

Gov already got that black dude who always looks pissed off... I hate that dude and whenever he's on screen.

I don't think 'Rese is gonna side with Gox though.. i haven't read the script so I'm not sure what happens.

The funny thing is that I see mad people complaining about the show, yet this season has broken viewership records.  
laugh.gif

They must be doing something right.  
Many of the people who watch have been watching since S1E1. You're too invested at this point to just stop watching. Its like people who watched the Killing which may have been one of the worst shows on cable TV in years, but kept watching because they sat through Season 1 only to get an unresolved ending and had to watch Season 2.

When people were first talking about Tyrese last season, I was wondering why they wanted him on the show
laugh.gif
. I thought they were Fast and Furious fans and liked his acting for some weird reason.
laugh.gif
 Me too.

When I figured out it was the name of a character, it was too late... I had already cast Tyrese as Tyrese in my mind! 
tongue.gif

I stopped reading the comics at 100 something when 90% of the initial characters were dead, and most of them in stupid ways.

Lack of imagination IMO and artificially extending the plot.

Show is ok I guess, but has been on a downward trajectory, hopefully it won't end as disappointing as Lost did.

Last edited:
The funny thing is that I see mad people complaining about the show, yet this season has broken viewership records.  :lol:

They must be doing something right.  

Many of the people who watch have been watching since S1E1. You're too invested at this point to just stop watching. Its like people who watched the Killing which may have been one of the worst shows on cable TV in years, but kept watching because they sat through Season 1 only to get an unresolved ending and had to watch Season 2.

You're right. I binged on this show when I was sick and watched the first two seasons nonstop and thought it was amazing. Now it's ehhh, but I still tune in every week

Yeah I thought you guys who read the comics said this Tyrese dude was supposed to be the second coming or like another strong leader and character next to Rick.

Dude seems more like a heel though.
I'm thinking it's gonna be a slow burn up to it but I wouldn't be surprised if they ruin his character/completely warp it for the show.

Show tries to hard to put Rick in the forefront when he isn't the most interesting (similar at times to Dr. Jack in Lost) and plus they're keeping Daryl around for a while now w/e reason but I get the feeling this Merle situation will get him killed.

Last edited:
Can any of you comic book readers tell me if they go any further with the virus? Do they attempt to explain how it started? Do they have any type of cure? Do they show other parts of the world that have been infected? 1st season at least had the scientist working on stuff so that was cool. Second season they revealed that everyone is carrying the the disease and not just getting bit will infect you so that was cool. We need revelations to further this damn show, flashbacks, anything! I just can't see how these writers can get paid to film an entire episode of, :Governer gets his woodbury townfolk to attack the jail folk, But first they need supplies at the jail so rick or glen leave and then people attack, then 1 person dies. then they all have to run. HOW THE **** HARD IS IT TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING MORE INTERESTING THAN THAT?! 1st season was so damn good ya'll. It makes me wanna cry!

The problem with the show right now is that it's not doing anything. They've set up this stage and conflict for the past 4 months and just now is acting on it. Earlier seasons worked because they moved. Now I feel like they're gearing up for nothing

The problem with the show right now is that it's not doing anything. They've set up this stage and conflict for the past 4 months and just now is acting on it. Earlier seasons worked because they moved. Now I feel like they're gearing up for nothing
I disagree with the latter part of the statement. The biggest complaint about Season 2 was that it didn't move. Although its moving at a snail's pace, this season is slowly coming along. You don't need shoot em up bang bang each Sunday, but you do need to advance the plot. However, when you're doing all of this, there shouldn't be many filler episodes like next week's. Each episode from here on out should be crucial to forwarding the plot especially when the season was put on ice for a few months.

One of my major complaints is that we are three seasons in and we still have supporting characters that aren't fleshed out. Its the one thing that this show is really bad at.

Don't know if this was posted since its a month old, but did anyone read this?
[h1]Why 'The Walking Dead' Killed Off Its Latest Showrunner[/h1]
5:00 AM PST 1/9/2013 by Kim Masters

the_walking_dead_a_l.jpg

AMC

"The Walking Dead"
[h2]Insiders tell THR that "very protective" comic book writer Robert Kirkman was one of many who clashed with now-fired Glen Mazzara.[/h2]
This story first appeared in the Jan. 18 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.

our editor recommends

How 'The Walking Dead' Went to No. 1 by Killing Off Lead Characters

Producer Glen Mazzara Explains Why ‘The Walking Dead’ Has Spawned So Many Video Games (Q&A)

'The Walking Dead': Meet Tyreese's Group

'The Walking Dead' No. 1 Sells for $10,000 on eBay

When a network fires two showrunners in less than 18 months from its biggest hit -- and one of the most successful franchises on television -- that is sure to make waves in Hollywood and with fans. So no matter how AMC tried to spin the Dec. 21 departure of Glen Mazzara from The Walking Dead as just one of those amicable things, insiders rolled their eyes -- especially because the network let go co-creator Frank Darabont in July 2011 and has had high-profile spats with writer-producers on its hits Mad Men and Breaking Bad

AMC and Walking Dead comic book writer and producer Robert Kirkman were blamed for Mazzara's ouster and called out by name by showrunners Shawn Ryan (Last Resort) and Kurt Sutter (Sons of Anarchy), neither of whom is involved with Walking Dead but both of whom worked with Mazzara on Ryan's FX series The Shield. Ryan tweeted, "It's a real question now why good showrunners should sell to AMC," and Sutter followed with a tweet declaring that AMC had sent him "a gift basket filled with … broken promises and the marinated tongue used to lick Kirkman's ***."

PHOTOS: 'The Walking Dead's' Most Shocking Deaths

In a follow-up video posted on his website, Sutter denounced AMC for departing from a cable culture that generally allows showrunners more creative freedom than do the broadcast networks. Kirkman, he added, "is an amazing visual artist and a graphic artist [but] knows very little about TV, and the reins keep going back to him in this process, and he doesn't know how to run a show."

Several insiders confirm that Kirkman, whose detailed graphic novels form the basis of the series, is "very proprietary," as one puts it. One adds, "I believe Robert wants to maintain a certain amount of his control, and AMC needs Robert for the fan base." But despite the vitriol, some sources involved with Walking Dead say Kirkman was one of several producers on the show who had issues with Mazzara and his vision.

STORY: 'Walking Dead' Creator Robert Kirkman Goes Virtual (Q&A)

One source says Mazzara's shortcomings in running the series during the most recent third season became "abundantly clear … especially for the second half of the season." This source says production was shut down "several times" because of a lack of material. 

Mazzara declined comment but will participate in a Jan. 11 AFI awards luncheon that will honor Walking Dead as one of 2012's top shows. The midseason finale Dec. 2 lured 10.5 million total viewers and 6.9 million in the key adults 18-to-49 demo, crushing nearly all broadcast network shows.

To date, Kirkman has responded to the criticism only with a restrained tweet: "@sutterink is brilliant and Sons is my favorite show on TV. Still, it's upsetting to see him ranting about things he knows nothing about." AMC declined comment.

Last edited:
Yeah yall need to get on the same page with that. Realize that the only good season the show has had was the first one. This and last season have had their interesting characters, really good moments, and overall great eps but the quality in story telling has dropped a tremendous amount and most ppl sticking with this show have drastically lowered expectations.

Season 2 did move slow but the characters made up for that. Each of them were learning what kind of person they'd need to become to survive. The characters now are all killers, BORING IMO. They also had some sub plots here and there that kept it interesting in season 2. Things now have become entirely too linear. Don't get me wrong I still like the show but I just miss what it once was.

Season 2 was horrid. You can say them all being killers now is boring but what really makes it bad now is the piss poor acting and bad story telling. That's what S2 exposed about the show and cast. Given how exciting, tense, suspenseful, interesting the comics are with where they're at story wise it's sad. Especially now.

Also I feel you're kinda contradicting what you're saying you liked given the natural conclusion. The characters were learning what kind of ppl they need to be to survive in this new world. What they need to be were killers( just not crazy *** killers making snap judgements and decisions like Shane). The whole figuring out what they need to become was not gonna last forever and they wouldn't survive if they chose to become anything but killers. The time for arguing whether or not we should kill or making moral judgements are gone. Now it's simply are you going to kill to protect your own or get pushed around and run when faced with an obstacle.

Last edited:
Can any of you comic book readers tell me if they go any further with the virus? Do they attempt to explain how it started? Do they have any type of cure? Do they show other parts of the world that have been infected? 1st season at least had the scientist working on stuff so that was cool. Second season they revealed that everyone is carrying the the disease and not just getting bit will infect you so that was cool. We need revelations to further this damn show, flashbacks, anything! I just can't see how these writers can get paid to film an entire episode of, :Governer gets his woodbury townfolk to attack the jail folk, But first they need supplies at the jail so rick or glen leave and then people attack, then 1 person dies. then they all have to run. HOW THE **** HARD IS IT TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING MORE INTERESTING THAN THAT?! 1st season was so damn good ya'll. It makes me wanna cry!

so far its no cure. and there is a so called "safe zone". question is with the show veering FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR away from the comics idk what they plan to do at this point :rolleyes

I wish this show would go to HBO

Last edited:
read the episode after tonights episode man just cancel this show or let the people from season 1 come back

I have lost ALL hope

maybe its just this whole prison/woodbury deal being dragggggggggggggeeeeeeeedddddddd out......can we move on already?

I think most of yall will like tonights episode but the one after that :smh:

I'm a walker

:pimp: these are great bruh

just been catching up on the last episodes .. maggie and machonne are my favorites right now
i havent read the comic yet anyone care to point me in the right direction (online source)? should i wait for the serie to end first? appreciate it.

I've went to my public library and caught up on the comics there! It's free compared to buying them on iTunes of comic x app. There is no way comic stores in my area so that's why I buy the latest comic editions on comic x. It seems to me the comic issues are exciting then over quick compared to the tv shows long and boring maybe 2 exciting episodes a season! :smh: I hope tonight's show is exciting!

mean.gif

All the sudden my directv goes out. Says it can't make contact with the dish.

CS says they can't do anything and I have to wait until Wednesday for a repairman to come out...BS

Back
Top Bottom