The Walking Dead - Official Thread

how in the hell is that safe to say? if i recall correctly, this is still the thread for the TV show and not the comics.
what if some of us wanted to read/are reading the comics and you just spoiled it? if we wanted that, we would go in the comic book thread. :stoneface:
some of y'all, man... :smh: :smh: :smh:

Show is synonymous with the comic, as stated before the comic thread is far in advance and they don't discuss the show at all.

It makes more sense to post here than in the comic thread. Sorry.

Don't feel bad for you guys either. Pick up the damn comics. They're not that expensive and won't take you long to read to the point where the series is at now.

Plus we are not even spoiling **** at this point. Just filling gaps.

i didnt like how they off'd the soliders, i'd think it would be harder than that to get ambushed. actual soldiers vs bunch of zombie apocalypse survivors. 

i felt the same way. I would think the soldiers would've killed some of the governors men ATLEAST.

I wonder why the governor has the head of the pilot that survived the crash.

Overall enjoyed the episode though.:smokin

i didnt like how they off'd the soliders, i'd think it would be harder than that to get ambushed. actual soldiers vs bunch of zombie apocalypse survivors. 

i felt the same way. I would think the soldiers would've killed some of the governors men ATLEAST.

I wonder why the governor has the head of the pilot that survived the crash.

Overall enjoyed the episode though.:smokin

The Governor's crew ambushed them from both sides while they were still in shock like did this dude(Governor) just do this

episode sucked.
Thought so too. They could have had at least a couple of scenes showing us what Rick's groups was up to. I don't really care for Michonne and the blonde girl.
So you would rather have a filler episode of Rick's group in the prison, instead of this last episode.
grin.gif

I thought the episode was good.
I'm saying the episode should have been divided between the two groups. There's a lot of ways they can do that without it being just filler.

Last edited:
episode sucked.
Thought so too. They could have had at least a couple of scenes showing us what Rick's groups was up to. I don't really care for Michonne and the blonde girl.

So you would rather have a filler episode of Rick's group in the prison, instead of this last episode. >D

I'm saying the episode should have been divided between the two groups. There's a lot of ways they can do that without it being just filler.

I just don't understand how having both groups on this episode would have made it better. Could you explain?

episode sucked.

So you would rather have a filler episode of Rick's group in the prison, instead of this last episode.
grin.gif

I just don't understand how having both groups on this episode would have made it better. Could you explain?
Accidentally erased everything I typed. Basically I don't like cliffhangers. They ended last weeks ep with a lot of tension between Rick's group and the prison mates. We are already waiting a week for each ep. I want to see what happens in the first plot line because I'm invested in that one. Michonne and the new town people haven't been fleshed out so I don't feel connected to them, and I just straight up don't like Andrea. It just made it hard to get drawn in since I didn't really care for the characters.

Last edited:
episode sucked.

So you would rather have a filler episode of Rick's group in the prison, instead of this last episode. >D

Accidentally erased everything I typed. Basically I don't like cliffhangers. They ended last weeks ep with a lot of tension between Rick's group and the prison mates. We are already waiting a week for each ep. I want to see what happens in the first plot line because I'm invested in that one. Michonne and the new town people haven't been fleshed out so I don't feel connected to them, and I just straight up don't like Andrea. It just made it hard to get drawn in since I didn't really care for the characters.

Its all one plot though. The writers have to build the other characters as well. Can't have just episodes about Rick's group and then The Governor and his crew just show up.
Also I don't understand what tension you are talking about, the prisoners that are left don't want any problems.

I can understand how ppl didn't like this ep. It consisted of new characters, the return of Merle (who many may have forgotten or simply not cared about) and Andrea (who was never that interesting to begin with) and as I've said the way it's written there was just bad pacing and not good enough acting. So what's left to rely on is the story and how compelling the Governor is to you.

To me he was good but it'll take time to build him up so other than that this story dragged.

I too was thinking that at the end (like the last 15 min) we'd go back to Rick and co. at the prison but alas we did not.

If you don't know how this ep could've been better had we went back to the prison I don't know what to tell you. Most ppl are engaged with that group and want to continue to follow their story. Most ppl aren't going to be anxious to see Andrea and Merle especially when the story moves so slowly to capture the initial introduction phase of coming to a new community and getting to know the important ppl and the reveal that the ppl that pose as good guys are really evil bastards. As new characters, Michonne and the Governor will still have to be built up.

Last edited:
It's not fair that some people come in here and post all kinds of spoilers from the comics, then turn around and tell us to "Pick up the damn comics if we don't wanna see spoilers."

Shut the hell up. This isnt the comic thread, its the Walking Dead television show thread. Use a damn spoiler if you wanna discuss comics, or go discuss it in a comic thread.

Not all of us have time to go pick up some damn comics to just avoid your inconsideration. Be nice man, we're all here to enjoy the show together.
No reason to be so inconsiderate and mean to people who just wanna come in here to peacefully discuss the episodes with their NT brothers. Not everyone WANTS to know what happens in the comics, for some of us like me we enjoy the element of surprise with the story. I personally enjoy not knowing whats going to happen in a television series. So be more understanding
and Grow up :smh:

Last edited:
It's not fair that some people come in here and post all kinds of spoilers from the comics, then turn around and tell us to "Pick up the damn comics if we don't wanna see spoilers."
Shut the hell up. This isnt the comic thread, its the Walking Dead television show thread. Use a damn spoiler if you wanna discuss comics, or go discuss it in a comic thread.
Not all of us have time to go pick up some damn comics to just avoid your inconsideration. Be nice man, we're all here to enjoy the show together.
No reason to be so inconsiderate and mean to people who just wanna come in here to peacefully discuss the episodes with their NT brothers. Not everyone WANTS to know what happens in the comics, for some of us like me we enjoy the element of surprise with the story. I personally enjoy not knowing whats going to happen in a television series. So be more understanding

QFT
I have no interest in reading the comics. The LEAST yall could do is put it in a spoiler.

Andrea is just an all out annoying character, rather watch Lori than have a full episode about her.

They need to explain michonne story already. I hope they don't go, one episode in prison and the next about governor.

Lol this last episode they killed more humans than walkers.

At least in prison they were killing a bunch of walkers..

Everyone last season was talking about there wasn't enough walkers in the show and the farm was boring.

The farm is basically the town they're in! So idk how some of you guys think that was exciting.

Like I said the other day. It only got good till the ending when they killed the army guys and him watching tanks filled with heads.

I'm interested if they give Michonne a story. To me she's always just been the badass black chick with the swords.

What was covered about her in comics is forgettable imo.

Unfortunately for the don't like reading crowd, the show is synonymous with the comic, not vice versa. To this point they haven't even mentioned the connection that Michonne had to her "pets", they probably never will. Wonder why? because they are doing it purposely, little tidbits for people that do take the time to read, people who have been avid readers of the comic and are now seeing it come to life. It's easter eggs for those that read.

Kirkman is heavily involved, and the writers sometimes don't explain things fully because they want the audience to "figure it out?".

Don't know if any of you noticed but during one of the commercial breaks, Kirkman noted his 5 favorite changes...

So yeah, the irony is no one is really posting spoilers, just pointing out differences and answering questions that are being posed in this very thread.

Calling it inconsiderate, :lol:. Sorry people don't want to forgive your ignorance and refusal to acknowledge that the show and comic are intertwined.

Be happy that people are not revealing future possible plot points.

So yeah, stop whining, pick up the comic (It takes seconds to click an order on amazon, there are "books" that cost around $18-25, the show is currently at the tail end of book 3 :wink: ). You'll gain a greater appreciation of the series.

If you have time to come into this thread, read and post and write a "complain" piece then you have time to pick up the comic and read it. I'm sure there are places where you can download it for free if you are strapped for cash. I don't forgive laziness.

This topic is getting very tired.

^ But what's so wrong with people not wanting spoilers.  You say the topic is getting tired, but it's equally as tiring try to browse this thread and wade through spoilers.  It's been said over and over, season after season.  We shouldn't have to relinquish THIS thread to those that

want information from the comic books, so miss me with all that "if you don't like it, don't come in"  No I don't like information from the comic books in here because this isn't the comic books thread.  Someone said something to the along the lines of "The comic book thread is further along than the information were discussing here about the book/show"  If you feel the comic book thread is too far along, how does that make it ok to post in the TV show thread which is further behind than that.  It's really a shame that this back and forth about spoilers has to come up every week but I don't see it changing any time soon.  Why can't you guys just honor the complaints and move it to the other thread

The complaints won't stop until the spoilers do

So again.  IF YOU'RE ASKING QUESTIONS THAT ONLY SOMEONE READING THE COMIC BOOK COULD KNOW, PLEASE DO IT IN THE COMIC BOOK THREAD.  THIS THREAD IS FOR THE SHOW, NOT THE BOOK.  PLEASE DON'T SPOIL THE SHOW FOR THOSE THAT HAVE NOT READ THE COMIC BOOKS.

Here's the thing though.

Someone who read the comics throwing something out there isn't "spoiling" anything... BECAUSE WE DON'T WRITE THE DAMN SHOW.

I could go on a 4 paragraph rant about what I THINK is going to happen off of my knowledge of the comics and be 200% wrong.

Off top -

The Governor has long hair and a goatee in the comic. Sophia STILL ain't dead. Andrea doesn't meet Michonne that way.

Honestly, a lot of you just sound salty. I don't think there's anyone in here deliberately trying to spoil the show for you.

Or you could be 200% right.  Let's avoid that altogether by not doing it here...

Since the show watchers don't know how closely they're following the books, let's keeps the guessing based

on what we know from the show...

does this really need to continue...

Last edited:
episode sucked.

grin.gif

Its all one plot though. The writers have to build the other characters as well. Can't have just episodes about Rick's group and then The Governor and his crew just show up.
Also I don't understand what tension you are talking about, the prisoners that are left don't want any problems.
Yeah it's all one plot but there are different POVs that converge into that singular plot.

Why would the Governor "just show up" if they changed this episode to half Rick half Governor? You don't have to have it completely one perspective the entire show. It doesn't have to be Rick's group or the Governors; it can be both. Game of Thrones has multiple POVs and touches on many during each episode. They do a great job at pacing the story. If they did just one perspective the entire episode, people who don't like that POV will find the episode to be a drag. 

The tension is all the unanswered questions from last week's episode.

Anyway, it doesn't matter that much.

I can understand how ppl didn't like this ep. It consisted of new characters, the return of Merle (who many may have forgotten or simply not cared about) and Andrea (who was never that interesting to begin with) and as I've said the way it's written there was just bad pacing and not good enough acting. So what's left to rely on is the story and how compelling the Governor is to you.

To me he was good but it'll take time to build him up so other than that this story dragged.

I too was thinking that at the end (like the last 15 min) we'd go back to Rick and co. at the prison but alas we did not.

If you don't know how this ep could've been better had we went back to the prison I don't know what to tell you. Most ppl are engaged with that group and want to continue to follow their story. Most ppl aren't going to be anxious to see Andrea and Merle especially when the story moves so slowly to capture the initial introduction phase of coming to a new community and getting to know the important ppl and the reveal that the ppl that pose as good guys are really evil bastards. As new characters, Michonne and the Governor will still have to be built up.

Last edited:
^ But what's so wrong with people not wanting spoilers.  You say the topic is getting tired, but it's equally as tiring try to browse this thread and wade through spoilers.  It's been said over and over, season after season.  We shouldn't have to relinquish THIS thread to those that
want information from the comic books, so miss me with all that "if you don't like it, don't come in"  No I don't like information from the comic books in here because this isn't the comic books thread.  Someone said something to the along the lines of "The comic book thread is further along than the information were discussing here about the book/show"  If you feel the comic book thread is too far along, how does that make it ok to post in the TV show thread which is further behind than that.  It's really a shame that this back and forth about spoilers has to come up every week but I don't see it changing any time soon.  Why can't you guys just honor the complaints and move it to the other thread

So again.  IF YOU'RE ASKING QUESTIONS THAT ONLY SOMEONE READING THE COMIC BOOK COULD KNOW, PLEASE DO IT IN THE COMIC BOOK THREAD.  THIS THREAD IS FOR THE SHOW, NOT THE BOOK.  PLEASE DON'T SPOIL THE SHOW FOR THOSE THAT HAVE NOT READ THE COMIC BOOKS.

I'm sick of hearing this crap in this thread. It's not hard for people to put spoiler tags up. If you don't want spoilers don't click the ******g tag. If you sit there and say "wow... I couldn't resist I clicked the spoiler" you have no right to complain.

If you can't handle discussing the source material in relation of the adaptation then YOU can leave the thread. Like Iron Man said the comic and the show are intertwined. It's IMPOSSIBLE for fans of the show to not discuss the source material in some way shape or form. Do you fast forward through the Talking Dead commercials? Because they "spoiled" Michonnes name as well as he walkers being "pets" and whole slew of other items that were explicitly conveyed in the comics.

As long as spoilers are clearly marked then there should be no problem. If they aren't marked and they're bothering you then report them.

Anyone who has questions about the show here you go:

http://www.scribd.com/collections/2849035/The-Walking-Dead-comic-english

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_Wiki

How people are not getting even with the spoilers you got people quoting it and responding with "omg I knew it!" Or
"I can't believe that happened " etc

How people are not getting even with the spoilers you got people quoting it and responding with "omg I knew it!" Or
"I can't believe that happened " etc
How many more ways can I be said... 
ohwell.gif
  We have a few hours of show discussion and the rest of the time is spent on this bull...

I'm sick of hearing this crap in this thread. It's not hard for people to put spoiler tags up. If you don't want spoilers don't click the ******g tag. If you sit there and say "wow... I couldn't resist I clicked the spoiler" you have no right to complain.

If you can't handle discussing the source material in relation of the adaptation then YOU can leave the thread. Like Iron Man said the comic and the show are intertwined. It's IMPOSSIBLE for fans of the show to not discuss the source material in some way shape or form. Do you fast forward through the Talking Dead commercials? Because they "spoiled" Michonnes name as well as he walkers being "pets" and whole slew of other items that were explicitly conveyed in the comics.

As long as spoilers are clearly marked then there should be no problem. If they aren't marked and they're bothering you then report them.

Anyone who has questions about the show here you go:

http://www.scribd.com/collections/2849035/The-Walking-Dead-comic-english

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_Wiki
again for the upteenth time, even if things are placed in a spoiler, it's not hard to figure it out once people who do read the spoilers

react to it.  The solution is simple discuss the book in the book thread, ask questions about the book in the book thread.  You're tired of hearing it and so am I of people continuing to do it.  Why must the majority of this thread be an argument to fend off spoilers...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom