The Walking Dead - Official Thread

The game rustled my jimmies
mad.gif
frown.gif

To anyone who doesn't like that they have to wait for twd to get back on the air, I reccomend that you start reading the comic.

I read an article by the showrunner as he praised Sarah who plays Lori, talks about killing characters and specifically the killing and replacing of black characters and I dunno if he let it slip but the chick with Tyrese is not his daughter, it's his sister, Sasha. So that's something different and removed from the comics. Might make it easier in certain way as far as writing

Don't think it's much of a spoiler but worth pointing out as they continue to do things different than the comics.

I've been reading the comic and I'm on issue 50 something.

These gifs sum up my emotions during reading the comic.

ibhs5e14ntg8IA.gif
ibnLEpcAVo34Ct.gif
52cf927f_tumblr_ls9etnSLsn1qleuxe.gif

eek.gif
 http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12...zara-leaves-series-over-difference-of-opinion
The Walking Dead Renewed for Season 4; Showrunner Glen Mazzara Leaves Series Over "Difference of Opinion"

by Eric Goldman DECEMBER 21, 2012

It's no shock that The Walking Dead has officially been renewed for Season 4. In fact, given what a huge hit it is, it's odd it took this long for AMC to make it official. But there was a big surprise in the press release AMC just put out announcing the renewal: Executive Producer/Showrunner Glen Mazzara is leaving the series. Mazzara of course replaced original showrunner Frank Darabont, in what was a widely-publicized shakeup behind-the-scenes on the series.

The press release reads:

"AMC also jointly announces with Glen Mazzara today that for future seasons, the two parties have mutually decided to part ways. Glen guided the series creatively for seasons 2 and 3. AMC is grateful for his hard work. We are both proud of our shared success.

Both parties acknowledge that there is a difference of opinion about where the show should go moving forward, and conclude that it is best to part ways. This decision is amicable and Glen will remain on for post-production on season 3B as showrunner and executive producer."

Glen Mazzara has released the following statement: "My time as showrunner on The Walking Dead has been an amazing experience, but after I finish season 3, it’s time to move on. I have told the stories I wanted to tell and connected with our fans on a level that I never imagined. It doesn’t get much better than that. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of this journey."

The Walking Dead's creator, Robert Kirkman, has released his own statement as well: "I am in full support of both AMC and Glen Mazzara in the decision they have come to and believe the parties came to this decision in the best interest of the future of the show. I thank Glen for his hard work and appreciate his many contributions to The Walking Dead and look forward to working with him as we complete post production on Season 3. I am also excited to begin work on another spectacular season of this show that I know means so much to so many people. This show has always been the result of a wide range of extremely talented men and women working tirelessly to produce their best work collectively. I believe the future is bright for The Walking Dead. Thank you to the fans for your continued support."

Lastly, Gale Anne Hurd, who continues on as an executive producer, said in her statement, "“I am appreciative and grateful to Glen for his hard work on The Walking Dead. I am supportive of AMC and Glen's decision and know that the series is in great hands with one of the most talented and dedicated casts and crews in the business. I look forward to the show's continued success.”"

For such a big hit -- this fall it achieved the astounding feat of becoming the biggest scripted series on television among among adults 18-49 -- The Walking Dead has been through a lot of creative turbulence in its three seasons on the air. Darabont was replaced by AMC in the first half of Season 2, with Mazzara (who was already writing for the series) taking his place as showrunner. It's not clear yet who will replace Mazzara for the fourth season and if it will be someone already working on the series or someone brand new to The Walking Dead.

All these creative changes better not affect the show!

I mean, i'm afraid that with everybody jumping ship, the show's gonna end up sucking balls....

All these creative changes better not affect the show!

I mean, i'm afraid that with everybody jumping ship, the show's gonna end up sucking balls....
It's been doing that though since the last guy left with the plans he had for S2 premiere for the army guy in the tank. This is show is still trying to find it's consistency in writing and pacing. It was pretty clear to see how hard they tried to go hard to impress this season and that seemed to be a priority over other things.

He wouldn't do it unless he got paid a crazy amount. I got the feeling he wouldn't be interested especially with what's already happened the past 3 seasons and him just wrapping up with BB.

Def not happening. I wouldn't even want him to. (Although I do like to imagine what BB characters would do in TWD.) He needs to work on another original project.

More...

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kurt-Sutter-Shawn-Ryan-Blast-AMC-1058187.aspx
Kurt Sutter, Shawn Ryan Blast AMC for Walking Dead Showrunner Departure

Dec 21, 2012 11:25 PM ET

by Kate Stanhope

Hours after news broke that The Walking Dead would be returning for a fourth season without showrunner Glen Mazzara, fellow showrunners Kurt Sutter and Shawn Ryan blasted AMC for the shocking move.

"AMC is run by small-minded, bottom-line thinkers who have no appreciation or gratitude for the effort of its creative personnel. Time and time again we see events like what happened today with Glen Mazzara," Sutter, who created and executive-produces Sons of Anarchy for rival cable network FX, wrote on his blog. "They continue to disrespect writers, s--- on their audience and bury their network."

The famously outspoken Sutter went on to praise Mazzara for taking a "work-in-progress" series and transforming it into a "viable TV show with a future," after the departure of original Walking Dead showrunner Frank Darabont in the middle of Season 2. "Without [Mazzara], that future is dim. Showrunners are not development executives, we're not cookiecutter d-----bags that you plug into a preexisting model. TWD will suffer. Even Zombies need consistency. Mad Men and Breaking Bad will be gone soon. So will AMC."

Shawn Ryan, who created FX's The Shield, a show on which both Mazzara and Sutter worked, also spoke out on Twitter against AMC, beginning simply with, "AMC WTF?"

"Common knowledge that AMC cut Breaking Bad shorter than it should have been," continued Ryan, who also created FX's Terriers, Fox's The Chicago Code, and ABC's soon-to-be-ending Last Resort. "Now you have creative differences with biggest hit's savior. ... With FX, Showtime, HBO, Starz, Cinemax, A&E, TNT and others to sell to, it's a real question now why good show runners should sell to AMC?"

AMC picked up 16 episodes of Breaking Bad when it was renewed for a final season, though producers lobbied for more. AMC was also famously locked in a very public (and heated) negotiation with Matthew Weiner, the creator and executive producer of award magnate Mad Men, back in early 2011.

Breaking Bad will wrap sometime in 2013, and Mad Men will air its second-to-last season next year.

AMC looking really bad when you read that but they brought it on themselves.

They aint gonna have nothing after Mad Men is done.

I can see Showtime, FX, and Starz going on the rise with of course HBO in the clear lead.

AMC is run by small-minded, bottom-line thinkers who have no appreciation or gratitude for the effort of its creative personnel. Time and time again we see events like what happened today with Glen Mazzara. They continue to disrespect writers, **** on their audience and bury their network. Mazzara took the work-in-progress that was “Walking Dead” and turned it into a viable TV show with a future. Without him, that future is dim. Showrunners are not development executives, we’re not cookiecutter douchebags that you plug into a preexisting model. TWD will suffer. Even Zombies need consistency. “Mad Men” and “Breaking Bad” will be gone soon. So will AMC. I hope their f*cking stock takes a dive and the shareholders line up (Josh) Sapan, (Charles) Dolan and (Charlie) Collier and **** in their open hands. C*nts.

--Kurt Sutter, creator of Sons of Anarchy

Did not realize the Dolans owned AMC. :smh:

Last edited:
Calling Mazzara the savior is a bit much. Season 2 was terrible. So far Season 3 has been good, but we still have an entire second half and we have no idea what we'll get from that. Where were these guys when Darabont was replaced? Like every industry, the clique shows its face when one of their own gets the axe. His departure does speak to the working environment at AMC. Where's Kirkman in all of this? You're telling me he has absolutely no pull on his own show? I find that very hard to believe. He's probably one of the "creative issues" that persisted with Darabont as well.

I can see Showtime, FX, and Starz going on the rise with of course HBO in the clear lead.

All of them are flawed, but I think FX has the best shot. They've been pretty consistent since The Shield, and SOA and Justified are still going.

Showtime has Shameless but Dexter's about to end and I doubt anyone would care if Californication did.
Starz failed with Boss and Spartacus is about to end. That Miami show is boring.

Calling Mazzara the savior is a bit much. Season 2 was terrible. So far Season 3 has been good, but we still have an entire second half and we have no idea what we'll get from that. Where were these guys when Darabont was replaced? Like every industry, the clique shows its face when one of their own gets the axe. His departure does speak to the working environment at AMC. Where's Kirkman in all of this? You're telling me he has absolutely no pull on his own show? I find that very hard to believe. He's probably one of the "creative issues" that persisted with Darabont as well.
Probably right about Kirkman but I'm guessing his deal for selling the tv rights for his comic allows to have some certain say and pull on how the show is run story wise. You add in budget cuts and w/e AMC demands you get this.

Ido agree about the no outcry when Darabont left. It was silence. I'd say giving the genre and focus I'm sure there's a lot of guys who think they know how to tell a zombie/post apocalyptic story.

All of them are flawed, but I think FX has the best shot. They've been pretty consistent since The Shield, and SOA and Justified are still going.

Showtime has Shameless but Dexter's about to end and I doubt anyone would care if Californication did.
Starz failed with Boss and Spartacus is about to end. That Miami show is boring.
After the season finales of Homeland and Dexter a week or two ago Showtime showed previews of two new shows they're premiering; one about the study of sex which will involve a bunch of that and another one about a Fixer/Mr. White type and how I juggles family live and his big bad father. I think the latter could be good.

I think Showtime is good for now, FX is consistent, and you right about Starz but they can see this as a time to level up and be recognized.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom