The Walking Dead - Official Thread

i havent watched a second of any games of thrones. i got suckered into true blood by an ex and that show was trash. so am i missing out by not watching got?

lol. this show is now the WNBA to the NBA that is got and breaking bad.

a good twist would've been that the governor got bit in the chase after Andrea and he gradually goes more and more crazy (like Shane) leading up to the battle with rick.

edit: yes, watch game of thrones.

Last edited:
What would u guys think if everyone dies and then they can flash back how the walker virus came about?

This show is dragging

Yet we still watch

Like the movie contagion?

lol. this show is now the WNBA to the NBA that is got and breaking bad.

a good twist would've been that the governor got bit in the chase after Andrea and he gradually goes more and more crazy (like Shane) leading up to the battle with rick.

edit: yes, watch game of thrones.

i firmly believe he got bit. he ran out of bullets real quick. so thats bs if he didnt...but then again this is tv

i havent watched a second of any games of thrones. i got suckered into true blood by an ex and that show was trash. so am i missing out by not watching got?
The action isn't good.

I'm mainly an action fan and I still really liked Game of Thrones.

The dialogue is excellent.

I find myself quoting characters from the show every once in a while.

4.5/5 imo

So yes, you are missing out.

I'm even going to read all the books sometime in the indefinite future.

i mean i dont know why u guys are saying its bs if he didnt get bit... yes he ran out of bullets, but all the zombies were in front of him, and there was a clear path and a big metal door to backtrack to behind him.

Thank you brother
smile.gif

I mean. what they did wrong was the Governor in the comic was a LUNATIC and the problem with that character is it makes zero sense why anyone would follow him.

A guy who rapes, murders, kidnaps and mutilates... you're left wondering "why the hell are his men so loyal to him??" Like you get the whole being happy to have shelter aspect, but at some point people put this crazy person in power and let him call ALL the shots.  And in the comic he's getting them killed in scuffles with the prison because he's so insane and so irrational.  He keeps his daughter not to cure her, but because he's crazy.  And he'd feed people to her.  He has the heads because he watches them like TV.  With a remote control. It's very clear that that governor enjoyed the fact that the world had ended and THRIVED  in it.  He is CRAZY.

BUT

It made no sense that he would be the leader in the community, except for "well it's a dystopian future and you need someone willing to make the tough calls" but that's a weak justification and wouldn't translate to cable tv.

So they tried to humanize him a little bit. made it that he kept his daughter because he was looking for a cure.  Made him back off the rape incident because he isn't a total monster.  Had merle beat up Glenn instead of him doing it himself.  Had Martinez giving some of the crazy commands and when people were like whoa that's nuts, he'd come in with a lie to cover it up and make things seem sensible.  He hasn't executed any one to scare the **** out of people yet.  They spread out his crazy amongst 3 different characters, so what we're left with is sort of an ambivalence towards the TV Governor. 

He's no more scary to me than Martinez.  He doesn't give off that desperate "This dude could do ANYTHING at ANY moment and you always have to be on guard whenever he's on screen" vibe.  And that's why the writers failed with this incarnation.

Either ramp up the crazy in these last episodes, or kill him off and let's move on.  Cuz so far he's a failure.  Rick wanting to give up Michonne is just as off mentally as a character.

The walking dead just keeps on putting "set up" episodes, but i wonder how is the show going to end. Like are they ganna find the cure or is everyone going to die?

The walking dead just keeps on putting "set up" episodes, but i wonder how is the show going to end. Like are they ganna find the cure or is everyone going to die?

Doubt it the comic book is so far ahead of the show the way the show goes it will last 40 seasons

Doubt it the comic book is so far ahead of the show the way the show goes it will last 40 seasons
Yeah probably not. The comic is like neverending for the virus
the comic has been boring as hell for a while now.

i really hope they don't drag the show along the same way.

Can't help but worry for this show now, There is BIG work needed for Season 4 and what direction they are going to go in,
I think if season 4 is as bad as this then this show is done, Gone from one of the best shows in Season 1 to absolute garbage in the space of 3 seasons :smh:

Yeah probably not. The comic is like neverending for the virus
the comic has been boring as hell for a while now.

i really hope they don't drag the show along the same way.
the comic has been awful since issue 100.

to the point where people are starting to say "wrap it up".

Back
Top Bottom