THE WALKING DEAD -- vaya con dios

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

A lot of stuff do go down in the prison but I don't know about spending 2 seasons there.

If they do it right it will work. The Prison is safe haven. (almost) Nothing can get in. 

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

A lot of stuff do go down in the prison but I don't know about spending 2 seasons there.

If they do it right it will work. The Prison is safe haven. (almost) Nothing can get in. 

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

The shows producer Glen Mazzara on the future... I'm sure most people are already aware of the the Prison, but I quoted the non spoilers.

" Right now, I do see the prison storyline lasting through both Season 3 and 4. I do think that is a major storyline. I know we were on the farm, perhaps, longer than people wanted. There were reasons for that. What we want is for that prison to not feel claustrophobic. I think the farm played a little claustrophobic for some people. Now that the entire landscape has fallen victim to the zombie apocalypse, zombies are literally at the gates of this prison. That prison is a very small safe corner. There is a lot of danger around. It won't feel like we are bottled up, the way we were on the farm. I do think that prison is a significant storyline, but we are also interested in opening up this world."

"There is a lot of great material from the comic book. This show would have to go on for twenty years to get to all of it. I think the Tyrese character is someone we are interested in introducing at some point. We still have Morgan and Dwayne, who are out there from the pilot. We are interested in them. There are new characters that will be original too the series. Not coming straight from the comic book. I think the first two seasons have served as a prologue. Now we are hitting the ground running. I see Season 3 resetting the show in terms of what I really hope to convey."
Sounds good with me. Enjoyed the finale btw. Stupid Lori acting crazy when she found out Rick killed Shane. Smh.

I like everyone's theory that Daryl is the "Tyrese" of the show. But with Mazarra stating that specific character may be brought along in the near future...Who knows.
Does anyone know if they will be filming the show at an actual prison in Georgia or will they be using a studio?

The shows producer Glen Mazzara on the future... I'm sure most people are already aware of the the Prison, but I quoted the non spoilers.

" Right now, I do see the prison storyline lasting through both Season 3 and 4. I do think that is a major storyline. I know we were on the farm, perhaps, longer than people wanted. There were reasons for that. What we want is for that prison to not feel claustrophobic. I think the farm played a little claustrophobic for some people. Now that the entire landscape has fallen victim to the zombie apocalypse, zombies are literally at the gates of this prison. That prison is a very small safe corner. There is a lot of danger around. It won't feel like we are bottled up, the way we were on the farm. I do think that prison is a significant storyline, but we are also interested in opening up this world."

"There is a lot of great material from the comic book. This show would have to go on for twenty years to get to all of it. I think the Tyrese character is someone we are interested in introducing at some point. We still have Morgan and Dwayne, who are out there from the pilot. We are interested in them. There are new characters that will be original too the series. Not coming straight from the comic book. I think the first two seasons have served as a prologue. Now we are hitting the ground running. I see Season 3 resetting the show in terms of what I really hope to convey."
Sounds good with me. Enjoyed the finale btw. Stupid Lori acting crazy when she found out Rick killed Shane. Smh.

I like everyone's theory that Daryl is the "Tyrese" of the show. But with Mazarra stating that specific character may be brought along in the near future...Who knows.
Does anyone know if they will be filming the show at an actual prison in Georgia or will they be using a studio?

I think he is going to really focus on the aspect of the prisoners who already live there, and the internal struggle of labeling them as "criminal" from the get-go in a world with no laws.  I hope they take a page out of prison break season one, and make the characters have to find pieces of the puzzle to open up other portions of the prison (like the supply room).  Either way, can't wait!  When is the next season supposed to come out?

I think he is going to really focus on the aspect of the prisoners who already live there, and the internal struggle of labeling them as "criminal" from the get-go in a world with no laws.  I hope they take a page out of prison break season one, and make the characters have to find pieces of the puzzle to open up other portions of the prison (like the supply room).  Either way, can't wait!  When is the next season supposed to come out?

If the prison lasts that long then they need to keep taking more arcs from the comic in to the show. I like what the producer is thinking. Don't know what they'd do with Morgan and Dwayne if they brought them back for next season though especially since I don't have much of an opinion of dude due to his long absence in the comics.
Spoiler [+]
Dealing with the few prisoners left there; the whole mass murderer thing, introduce Tyrese and co., Rick going out for food and supplies with Carl, the cannibals, etc. They should also make it so months pass by so we can get some focus on Lori's pregnancy.

If they do it right they can cap off the last few eps of S4 with the confrontation with the Governor
pimp.gif
Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Kirkman creator of TWD and the main writer for the show explicitly states T-Dog is not Tyrese. Somebody posted the quote a few pages back.

If the prison lasts that long then they need to keep taking more arcs from the comic in to the show. I like what the producer is thinking. Don't know what they'd do with Morgan and Dwayne if they brought them back for next season though especially since I don't have much of an opinion of dude due to his long absence in the comics.
Spoiler [+]
Dealing with the few prisoners left there; the whole mass murderer thing, introduce Tyrese and co., Rick going out for food and supplies with Carl, the cannibals, etc. They should also make it so months pass by so we can get some focus on Lori's pregnancy.

If they do it right they can cap off the last few eps of S4 with the confrontation with the Governor
pimp.gif
Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Kirkman creator of TWD and the main writer for the show explicitly states T-Dog is not Tyrese. Somebody posted the quote a few pages back.

Prison storyline is long in the comics so there's a lot of material there, but 2 seasons?? I could see 1 1/2 perhaps and then introduce the arc that follows.

Prison storyline is long in the comics so there's a lot of material there, but 2 seasons?? I could see 1 1/2 perhaps and then introduce the arc that follows.

Seeing how they spent like 8 episodes lookin for Sophia... I'm hoping they do the prison arc justice.

Seeing how they spent like 8 episodes lookin for Sophia... I'm hoping they do the prison arc justice.

Some footage from The Walking Dead videogame:

Skip to about the 7:00 mark and then 11:40.

Some footage from The Walking Dead videogame:

Skip to about the 7:00 mark and then 11:40.

Back
Top Bottom