THE WALKING DEAD -- vaya con dios

Originally Posted by Coolidge Effect

So a couple of my friends work on set of the walking dead, and they were saying AMC took major budget cuts, and that is why they killed off so many people this season, and the season was set in one location the entire time AND there were less zombies.

just fyi

The Walking Dead breaks records for viewership, and they cut budget, so they can spend more on Mad Men and other shows, dumb imo

So a couple of my friends work on set of the walking dead, and they were saying AMC took major budget cuts, and that is why they killed off so many people this season, and the season was set in one location the entire time AND there were less zombies.

just fyi

The Walking Dead breaks records for viewership, and they cut budget, so they can spend more on Mad Men and other shows, dumb imo

just fyi

You're late

just fyi

You're late

I haven't read the comics, but...

How will a prison setting for possibly two seasons not get mundane or "claustrophobic" on screen?

Sounds like more of the same to me. Focusing primarily on the characters and their struggles, relationships, etc. would be a great concept... if they weren't all loathsome people. But the writers backed themselves into that corner.

How will a prison setting for possibly two seasons not get mundane or "claustrophobic" on screen?

Sounds like more of the same to me. Focusing primarily on the characters and their struggles, relationships, etc. would be a great concept... if they weren't all loathsome people. But the writers backed themselves into that corner.

Yup.

Something about them telling us it'll be 2 seasons of the prison rubs me the wrong way. It's like they heard people $*@@ on the pace all season and then got shook that what happened with The Killing might happen with them if all of the sudden it felt like we were never leaving the prison.

Yup.

Something about them telling us it'll be 2 seasons of the prison rubs me the wrong way. It's like they heard people $*@@ on the pace all season and then got shook that what happened with The Killing might happen with them if all of the sudden it felt like we were never leaving the prison.

A show of this concept can get very expensive and time consuming. I was reading that zombie makeup can take up 8 hours to complete just one.

I'm not sure but is the show getting network tv viewership.

A show of this concept can get very expensive and time consuming. I was reading that zombie makeup can take up 8 hours to complete just one.

I'm not sure but is the show getting network tv viewership.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

First off do ppl think the aim would be to just keep moving all the time? In this situation you're looking for some place where you can hole up in for a long time as long as you can and be safe, especially when winter rolls around. This aint about exploring the zombie filled country just to have action. The main goal is to find a new home where there are no walkers and they can easily defend against them and anybody else if they show up.

As for mundane, nah not at all. IMO it's not that they were at the farm that made this season boring, it's that the sub plots were boring, writers didn't get creative enough (granted in the comics they don't stay at the farm that long and go back and forth for a bit). As for the prison they're gonna need some place to stay for a while for Lori to come along with her pregnancy. Just makes sense. Plus a prison is a big place, lots of places to go and things to do. If they do the prison characters right that can be a season by itself with the Governor being a subplot until it becomes the main plot for S4.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

First off do ppl think the aim would be to just keep moving all the time? In this situation you're looking for some place where you can hole up in for a long time as long as you can and be safe, especially when winter rolls around. This aint about exploring the zombie filled country just to have action. The main goal is to find a new home where there are no walkers and they can easily defend against them and anybody else if they show up.

As for mundane, nah not at all. IMO it's not that they were at the farm that made this season boring, it's that the sub plots were boring, writers didn't get creative enough (granted in the comics they don't stay at the farm that long and go back and forth for a bit). As for the prison they're gonna need some place to stay for a while for Lori to come along with her pregnancy. Just makes sense. Plus a prison is a big place, lots of places to go and things to do. If they do the prison characters right that can be a season by itself with the Governor being a subplot until it becomes the main plot for S4.

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

when will season 3 be on dvd?

O_O season 3 hasn't even aired yet. What was just on tv was the second half of season 2.

eek.gif
 i thought it was season 3... so how many episodes are in season 2? and what is the name of the last episode in season 2? 

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

when will season 3 be on dvd?

O_O season 3 hasn't even aired yet. What was just on tv was the second half of season 2.

eek.gif
 i thought it was season 3... so how many episodes are in season 2? and what is the name of the last episode in season 2? 

season 2 was like 13 episodes, they cut it into two parts.

They had like a 'break' in between the first half and the second half of season 2.

season 2 was like 13 episodes, they cut it into two parts.

They had like a 'break' in between the first half and the second half of season 2.

It took 2 seasons for the show to get through 12 issues of the comic. The prison arc ranges from chapters 12-48. If they cut out some of the fluff that bogged down season 2
(looking for Sophia, pulling zombies out of wells), then they might be able to contain the prison to just two seasons.

I personally don't want it to be rushed because it's the best arc of the entire series.

It took 2 seasons for the show to get through 12 issues of the comic. The prison arc ranges from chapters 12-48. If they cut out some of the fluff that bogged down season 2
(looking for Sophia, pulling zombies out of wells), then they might be able to contain the prison to just two seasons.

I personally don't want it to be rushed because it's the best arc of the entire series.

Originally Posted by Im Soooo Hungry

Agreed. Re-reading that storyline as I type. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Im Soooo Hungry

Agreed. Re-reading that storyline as I type. 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom