THE WALKING DEAD -- vaya con dios

Originally Posted by big1236

^^ why did Darabont resign again?
I thought AMC let him go/fired him. It wasn't his choice to leave.
And ^yeah of course season 1 was more exciting... they had more money to work with right?

Season 2 redeemed itself in the second half it was average the first half with the whole Sophia arc but the last 6 episodes were very well done imo.

Season 2 redeemed itself in the second half it was average the first half with the whole Sophia arc but the last 6 episodes were very well done imo.

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

And ^yeah of course season 1 was more exciting... they had more money to work with right?
Exactly. AMC took a chance with it the first time around.
But I think, atleast imo, the showrunner leaving, the 1st season writers leaving and having the budget cut (for the 2nd season atleast) is a blessing in disguise.

I know the story for season 2 was slow as a mother...but atleast they got all the Hollywood BS out of the way and the new writers and producers know exactly where they're going now in terms of the future of the show.

And they did the best they could with the current budget, imagine if they had more money, I think season 2 would have tried to be BIGGER than it needed to be.

However...cutting TWD's and Breaking Bad's budget by 35%??? And AMC placed a good $20 million into Mad Men's budget. I mean, in order to open up other things in the Walking Dead universe I think the show needs AMC's financial backing to do that, so it can maintain interest and continue to grow into a show that'll last for a good while.

But I think, atleast imo, the showrunner leaving, the 1st season writers leaving and having the budget cut (for the 2nd season atleast) is a blessing in disguise.

I know the story for season 2 was slow as a mother...but atleast they got all the Hollywood BS out of the way and the new writers and producers know exactly where they're going now in terms of the future of the show.

And they did the best they could with the current budget, imagine if they had more money, I think season 2 would have tried to be BIGGER than it needed to be.

However...cutting TWD's and Breaking Bad's budget by 35%??? And AMC placed a good $20 million into Mad Men's budget. I mean, in order to open up other things in the Walking Dead universe I think the show needs AMC's financial backing to do that, so it can maintain interest and continue to grow into a show that'll last for a good while.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

AMC better not make any budget cuts for the upcoming season. They can't act like the show isn't a monster for them. (no pun intended)
Yeah, it's their best show ratings wise.  But Mad Men and Breaking Bad win them all the Emmy awards.  I'm surprised that BB took some budget cuts but the network wants Mad Men to keep winning the Best Drama Emmy.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

AMC better not make any budget cuts for the upcoming season. They can't act like the show isn't a monster for them. (no pun intended)
Yeah, it's their best show ratings wise.  But Mad Men and Breaking Bad win them all the Emmy awards.  I'm surprised that BB took some budget cuts but the network wants Mad Men to keep winning the Best Drama Emmy.

just got done with the last few episodes. was falling behind and stayed away from this thread. WOW.what's up with t-dog only having a couple lines throughout the series? only time we saw him was when he was driving a car and caring the boxes, smh

just got done with the last few episodes. was falling behind and stayed away from this thread. WOW.what's up with t-dog only having a couple lines throughout the series? only time we saw him was when he was driving a car and caring the boxes, smh

the_walking_dead_season_two_meme_collection_640_12.jpg
laugh.gif
the_walking_dead_season_two_meme_collection_640_28.jpg

damn... first issue of michonne is going for a couple grand on ebay now.

I bet anything the first gov issue is going to blow up in october

damn... first issue of michonne is going for a couple grand on ebay now.

I bet anything the first gov issue is going to blow up in october

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

imagine if this was on HBO 

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

imagine if this was on HBO 

not sure if i forgot if this was addressed or not but Darryl's brother, they confirm that he died because he cut his arm off but his character (being darryls brother and just like him) would be a resourceful one who could handle a situation like that (applying a tourniquet and saving his life)

I also recall Darryl seeing him when he was trying to climb that ledge, but darryl was hallucinating.

anyone know about the brother
i want to know if anyone knows from the comics or whatever

not sure if i forgot if this was addressed or not but Darryl's brother, they confirm that he died because he cut his arm off but his character (being darryls brother and just like him) would be a resourceful one who could handle a situation like that (applying a tourniquet and saving his life)

I also recall Darryl seeing him when he was trying to climb that ledge, but darryl was hallucinating.

Originally Posted by JKomorowski09

Spoiler [+]
meryl is not in the comics but I've been told he's going to be found with the governor, who is a major antagonist in the comics and goes to war with the group while they're in the prison

Originally Posted by JKomorowski09

Spoiler [+]
meryl is not in the comics but I've been told he's going to be found with the governor, who is a major antagonist in the comics and goes to war with the group while they're in the prison

Back
Top Bottom