The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
all good. i personally do not use shuffle at all. i like to hear song by song the way the artist wants us to hear it

i still get so ************* hyped when the birds part 2 ends and gone begins :smh:

:lol: @ Abel having dudes in their emotions.
Idk about yall, but his iish be havin me on God tier.

Can't say this enough, dude just understands that universal law of self actualization.

I've felt that from the jump with HOB then when I saw The Knowing video it made all the sense in the world. There is another level to his vision that I'm not sure the majority of his fans even understand.

Last edited:
Yeah, "gone" has had me tripping lately. The way the dubby drums kick in, in the middle. Some serious baby making music.

You can totally say some wild stuff to a chick, when you first meet, if the setting is right, a couple drinks have been had, and she's super attracted to you (without being a celeb, and her just being on some groupie $%#t)...

If you're a decent looking guy, and dressed well (better than the average lame), it will work, depending on the chick. I remember I flat out told this chick I had just met back in the day, "we should have sex, we would have amazing sex together"... She didn't do it cuz she was a super goodie goodie, but she later told me she's always thought about it ever since, and respected the honesty... Otherwise she woulda slapped me and never spoke to me again. :lol:

I've def had it work, straight out the gate tho...

Last edited:
Gone is one of the greatest pieces of music out there honestly, sonically it's just perfect.
Truly amazing work by Illangelo on the production/mixing.

His harmonizing on the first part is unreal.

I heard it at a party one time faded and I ended up kissing and choking the Dominican joint I was dancing with, that **** had me ready to hit her raw right there straight up.

Weeknd The God.

Those drunken horns in the background on Gone. I don't even...

I agree with awwsome sonically I feel like I can't even truly comprehend how good it is. 

Man don't get me started on the sins that have been committed with gone as the soundtrack

That breakdown..... Bruh

the headphones would be derek fisher clutch right now because i would be able to listen to the God Abel right now. i would definitely start with Thursday.

Yo, Gone ranks way high up there on my list. :pimp:. The Trilogy version tripped me out at first and I agree, I like the OG version better.

I tried to tell _ man.. That first part of Gone is insane and his greatest piece of music IMO.. That **** is so ******g sexual. Had some good times to that **** man :smh: :smokin

The Mixtape version does sound better tho, but still :wow:

So does the mixtapes really sound better than the trilogy? I never heard the trilogy..

I want to buy the trilogy off of iTunes but that $15 dollar price range..I'm having second thoughts.. I'm hoping that the trilogy sound quality is great.. because I already have all of the mixtapes..

I personally hear the remastering in trilogy, but I'd still say that I'd never spend money on a mixtape that was released for free. If you just have the mixtape versions you'll be fine..,a lot of people actually prefer the grittier versions of the songs.

Only real reason I changed over on my phone to the trilogy version of songs was due to them actually taking up less space on my memory card. Otherwise I probably would've left them

Last edited:
The trilogy is worth it though. You will be able to tell the difference off the bat in terms of quality. However it's of my opinion that a number of songs were botched on the trilogy. Including gone, birds 2 and wicked games. And the what You need which samples Aliyah also was weirdly done because they couldn't get clearance if I'm not mistaken.

But the other tracks will have you thinking nice, they sound just more crisp.

The album version of odd look was also botched in my opinion compared to the version that was released originally

Last edited:
house of balloons/ glass table girls i think sounds better on mixtape , same old song mastered on trilogy the bass sounds better

Last edited:
these cocaine ballads are a beautiful thing..

the way i see it, the boy abel has two kinds of fans..

the ones who just enjoy his music
and the ones that actually get it

Last edited:
i actually prefer the mixtape versions over the trilogy versions... i've played the mixtape versions so much before the trilogy dropped that i got used to those tracks sounding the way they did. when i threw on the trilogy, i noticed the changes right away. im picky with stuff like that so i stuck with the grittier mixtape versions :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom