The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Some people loved HOB off the bat, some needed time to let it marinate, but :wow: :lol: :pimp: thinking back when we would all start fiending as each Thursday came and went. Glorious times.

And then when EOS dropped and we all heard DD. lawwwd

Yes!! How long were we anticipating it for? Must have been at least two months :lol:

Some people loved HOB off the bat, some needed time to let it marinate, but :wow: :lol: :pimp: thinking back when we would all start fiending as each Thursday came and went. Glorious times.

And then when EOS dropped and we all heard DD. lawwwd

Yes!! How long were we anticipating it for? Must have been at least two months :lol:

From the beginning of April when he and the crew dropped hints about two more projects in tweets and his bio until, I want to say, August 18th maybe? Around four months realistically just like the wait for Echoes of Silence.

Last edited:
Man those "four months" felt like  a year.  For me the wait between Thursday and EOS was even harder.  I still can't believe what that boy did to 2011.
mean.gif

I remember when EoS dropped. I had just finished my Christmas shopping after work, got home and it released. Started the download, went to grab a bite to eat and played it whilst wrapping gifts. I thought I had accidentally hit shuffle because I was hearing MJ.. the rest as we know is history..

i can't fks with Banks. When she opened for Abel, she did an awesome killing me softly rendition, but otherwise her other music was w.e to me. she had me :lol: when she was performing, she kept doing this type of hopping/squats when she's dancing to her music. shes not bad at the end of the day, but i wouldn't cop tix to see live. at least right now.

50 degrees...cold?????????????

catch me in a tee and shorts in 50 degrees lol it's -10 in the Chi.

One of those nights is def his best feature song, I think Gifted is dope too but French's verses :x

with all the differences that you guys are reminding me of, im about to put the mixtape versions back on my phone. (coming down is my favorite track too and I forgot about the Japanese at the end cuz I have the trilogy version now) i'll take the memory hit, plus I miss seeing the different covers and not just the trilogy cover.

The thirst for Thursday and eos were ridiculous. I can't believe how obsessed I was. I lost sleep when we heard it might be dropping at midnight only to be still thirsting

Don't even wanna know how much blow my man TIP had in his system in that Blurred Lines video, son was beaming.

"Next" is one of the best songs I've ever heard in my life. I don't care what anyone says. :lol:

Next
Coming down
Birds part 1
Birds part 2
High for this
Echoes of silence
What you need
Gone
Xo/the host
Wicked games
The Morning
Outside
Montreal
Professional
The Town
Adaptation
Love in the sky
Pretty

If I could only listen to these songs the rest of my life, wouldn't even be mad :lol:

Professional is another example of how crazy his writing is, second part is visual, love the drums and the sample.

The young man is so prolific too, look how much original material he has dropped since 2011, I can't wait to hear where he goes next

Professional is another example of how crazy his writing is, second part is visual, love the drums and the sample.

CLASSIC :x

"Next" is one of the best songs I've ever heard in my life. I don't care what anyone says. :lol:

seriously

The things that have been happening in my life while this guys music is playing might make him my favorite artist of all time :wow:

Last edited:
:nthat:

Brah, when I first downloaded EOS, it started playing automatically (without me knowing) and I'm like why the hell is Michael Jackson playing? :lol:
When I realized it was Abel I was like :wow:

Idk I think he shouldn't have touched that song, it's really night and day. I skip it every time because I can just go listen to MJs which is way better IMO

Back
Top Bottom