The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Lol true. I edited wiz out in my version
laugh.gif
did the same thing with " nomads" that track is too dope

"should've known from the start, what we got cant leave this room

and i aint playing with your heart, its just a habit to let ******* know the truth

i made it clear to the world, aint nobody gonna be that somebody" 

words ive been living by for the past 2 1/2 + years

Last edited:
Who you tellin that joint is #3 all time most played in my iTunes library. 
laugh.gif

nthat.gif

Last edited:
^ "coming down" is my fav song by abel... i was disappointed it was omitted from his KL tour set list when he was doing all the rest of HOB... but i understand, it's prolly too deep... tho i feel like "the zone" is too deep, but he prolly performs it cuz it's popular due to the drake feature.

anyways, KL is def album of the year for me.

it's a good thing it didn't come out a year sooner, cuz a couple of them songs woulda hurt during the break up i was going thru ("same old song" was my anthem around that time tho)...

here's a lil' thing i knocked up for my IG:

Popping' again
I tried to quit again.....
I'm always tight with something I begin
That's why my ****** got me till the end

Supply what I take, I take what I spend baby
I ain't lying to nobody but me
And you....

Coming Down is greatness, that is one of the greatest beats I've heard shouts to Doc, what a musician. The Japanese sample at the end done had me speeding on the thruway, this guy is an artist man, idk what to say about him.

This cold Cali weather got me on my super-chill...

:rolleyes

I looked at that **** like

Like, __ there's ice on the concrete outside my house. What the entire hell is "cold Cali weather"? :lol:

Man damn that :lol: ...

...there are certain temperatures you are not supposed to feel in L.A. - finna break out the North Face. :lol:

But yeah, "Coming Down" is my favorite song from the man as well...

...I don't like the "Trilogy" version because of the loud snare and the omission of the ending Japanese vocals.

yeah, the "coming down" beat is amazing. it reminds me of classic downtempo from the early to mid 90's... that pad sound is so lush. and then the japanese vox at the end over just the pad and the guitar bits... sheeeewwwww... i've been pulled up in the driveway at the crib late at night, geeeeeeked, and couldn't get out the car, just so zoned out to that ending.

honestly, the thing that made me really pay attention to the weeknd was his beat selection.

ain't everyday you hear some rnb type steez over obscure beats like those...

the crazy thing is, i've never heard the trilogy LP... cuz everything i hear is the mixtape versions are all better, so i haven't bothered.

suppose i should give it a listen.

someone share that version of "remember you" with wiz edited out. plz...

cuz i cannot stand his verse... i've just come to the point where i can't stand him at all. his verses and voice is so corny to me. nobody cares about your taylors and how much weed you smoke.

Last edited:
I'm shaking with too much rage to even quote y'all ___s COMPLAINING about 50 degree weather :lol:

Coming Down was always my favorite song from House of Balloons as well though :pimp:

Pick... up... your phone...
I'm... all alone... :frown:

The somber beat he sings it over live makes it so beautiful depressing.

It's amazing that I'm still listening to hob to this day. Been listening to it all of November and even though I'm not single anymore and don't live that life I still vibe the hell out to all this ****. It's like my way of going out or partying because lord knows I don't do that anymore hahaha

^ "coming down" is my fav song by abel... i was disappointed it was omitted from his KL tour set list when he was doing all the rest of HOB... but i understand, it's prolly too deep... tho i feel like "the zone" is too deep, but he prolly performs it cuz it's popular due to the drake feature.

anyways, KL is def album of the year for me.

it's a good thing it didn't come out a year sooner, cuz a couple of them songs woulda hurt during the break up i was going thru ("same old song" was my anthem around that time tho)...

here's a lil' thing i knocked up for my IG:

bruh, i had all 3 mixtapes on repeat all day for the past 2 valentines haha

someone share that version of "remember you" with wiz edited out. plz...

cuz i cannot stand his verse... i've just come to the point where i can't stand him at all. his verses and voice is so corny to me. nobody cares about your taylors and how much weed you smoke.
:lol: I don't even think he cares nomore..

Dude is lookin at it like "I'm set for life, all i have to do is mumble some generic nonsense on these songs and the checks will keep coming in"

Last edited:
Some people loved HOB off the bat, some needed time to let it marinate, but :wow: :lol: :pimp: thinking back when we would all start fiending as each Thursday came and went. Glorious times.

And then when EOS dropped and we all heard DD. lawwwd

I honestly didn't think HOB was anything special besides What You Need when I first heard it. Then I got high and said you know what let me play this again, the rest is history.
I've had more sex than I can remember to that album, truly a masterpiece in my eyes.

I cried tears of joy the first time I heard DD, you talk about a perfect song to cover, gets no better than that.

RIP MJ The King as well

Back
Top Bottom