The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The way that the beat builds up and progresses throughout Tears in the Rain :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:. His adlibs are :pimp: on it too. Song gives me the chills every single time I listen to it. Perfect ending to the album.

Last edited:
The way that the beat builds up and progresses throughout Tears in the Rain :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:. His adlibs are perfect on it too. Song gives me the chills every single time I listen to it.

I'm telling ya, if that song had been out back when I was going thru a rough break up, I woulda been even worse off. :smh:

Joint cuts to the bone, yo.

That and "adaptation", cuz like Abel is talking about in the song, it was my choice. I made a trade, and it was the hardest decision of my life.

The way that the beat builds up and progresses throughout Tears in the Rain :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:. His adlibs are perfect on it too. Song gives me the chills every single time I listen to it.

I'm telling ya, if that song had been out back when I was going thru a rough break up, I woulda been even worse off. :smh:

Joint cuts to the bone, yo.

That and "adaptation", cuz like Abel is talking about in the song, it was my choice. I made a trade, and it was the hardest decision of my life.

Son. I know what you mean. Smh

I'm going to start posting in here more often :lol: I swear, Abel is my favorite artist right now other than Cudi. I've been a Cudi fan since '09 and no other artist, from then to now, has been so flawless and hits me like The Weeknd does that I've even considered someone up there with Cudi. Maybe it's the subject matter, or the rhythm, or his vocals, I'm not sure but this *****'s music is incomparable. I've posted in here before but I just listened to his music with a but of a buzz and it made me remember how much of a fan I am. XO/The Host, Professional, Coming Down and Lonely Star :x :smh:. The only song of his that I didn't like at all was his Dirty Diana cover. Should have never touched it IMO.

Actually considered changing my avy to something XO :lol: changed my avy twice in the five years I've been here, for reference.

^ Cudi is that N' too :pimp: ...

...but you buggin' on "Dirty Diana" my dude - Abel has obvious vocal similarities to Michael, so a cover was bound to happen.

But if you really think about it, "Dirty Diana" was the perfect song for him to hop on...

...the subject matter is so "XO".

Man I remember the first time I heard that **** I was in complete awe...

...and then it went to "Montreal" and I crowned him King.

Last edited:
Ever since Kanye went Yeezy on us (He's still my favorite artist to ever live regardless) Abel's music just does something to me no other artists has before. Funny because just a few years ago I didnt see the hype because I found his voice "corny" but once I really sat and listened one day to EOS I was hooked.

Drake is my #1 go to listen right now but Abel is 1a. His lyrics man...amazing beyond words.

& cosign on D.D.

Abel ripped that cover. Closet voice to MJ to cover that imo

Last edited:
I've been asking for Cudi x Weeknd for a while now.

Cudi doesn't talk about drugs as much as he used to, but they're both on that similar dark & moody introspective **** so I know they can make the subject matter work.

And unlike most of the co-features, it wouldn't feel like Cudi was marginalized coming off the bench and letting Weeknd get his points off. He ain't ever here to drop a great 16. They just both have their own type of presence and their sounds would mesh well IMO.

Also a 90% chance there's a transition to different beat at some point on their track.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
You're gonna hate him...

...then you'll want me.

Then you'll miss him...

...then you'll hate me.

so real :lol: :smh:

"How'd you drain.. All the soul... From your eyes... How'd you teach.. Teach yourself.. How to smile"

:smh: :smokin

Last edited:
I'm sitting here watching Blade Runner right now on BBC America.

The influence is obvious. Color scheme of the album artwork and promo stuff, atmosphere and sounds. I know it's been said that he said he was influenced by it but now I really see it as opposed to me just guessing it off-hand when the album first dropped.

Last edited:
Yea I caught the Blade Runner influence from the gate, genius film so I'm not surprised, dude has great taste.

^ Cudi is that N' too :pimp: ...

...but you buggin' on "Dirty Diana" my dude - Abel has obvious vocal similarities to Michael, so a cover was bound to happen.

But if you really think about it, "Dirty Diana" was the perfect song for him to hop on...

...the subject matter is so "XO".

Man I remember the first time I heard that **** I was in complete awe...

...and then it went to "Montreal" and I crowned him King.
Nah man, I def agree that D.D was the perfect MJ song for him to cover, I just didn't want him to cover an MJ song. MJ is one of those artists that's untouchable in my eyes and as big as a Weeknd fan as I am, I don't think he did it justice. But I'll also say that Montreal cemented him as THAT ***** in my eyes, son was singing in French about ****, and the beat and melody was perfect. Montreal is still one of my favorite tracks by him, definitely the best track on EOS. But, nonetheless, repped big homie.

A Cudder x Abel track might legit make me cry tears of joy :lol:

Last edited:
And on the flip I wonder how well Mike would handle the title track "Echoes of Silence"...

...PS4 2k "Lebron vs Jordan" type ****.

Glad to know I'm not the only one that thought of this :pimp:

& your talking dirty to me on the phone it got me here
Cause we both wanted to do this but I could tell that you were scared

Man, I swear he be grabbing **** straight out a young dude's life :smh:

EOS as a whole is underrated

But da "XO" riffs at the end of The Fall though.........

"X-ooooohhhhhhh" "X-OoooooOOOoooooh"

Wish it never stopped.

& your talking dirty to me on the phone it got me here
Cause we both wanted to do this but I could tell that you were scared

Man, I swear he be grabbing **** straight out a young dude's life :smh:

EOS as a whole is underrated

My memory might be hazy, but that first line is actually "You knew talking dirty to me on the phone would get me here" if I remember correctly.

EOS is indeed pure :pimp: though

Last edited:
"You knew that talking dirty to me would get me here"

I like the thrill
Nothing's gonna me me feel this real
So baby don't go ho-O-ome
I don't wanna spend tonight alone

Don't you leave my little life

:x :x :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
EoS came at a really confusing time in my life. I was trying to get myself in the mindset of being in love/doing whatever it took to get my girl back/wanting to say fdb and keep it pimping. I made no reckless decisions to EoS.

HoB and Thursday, however... I was at my worst.

:smokin

Last edited:
I've had some of the best sex of my life to HOB.

Haunts me to this day... :lol:

Hands down the best album to sex to I've heard in a long, long time.

The party & the after party into coming down... And that last part of coming down when the beat drops out and he's just harmonizing and the chick is speaking Japanese all sexy... 8)

That's that slow motion stroke soundtrack... Steady teasing it, got her losing her mind... :lol:

The only song I don't mess with is the last one, "the knowing"... Waaaay too deep, sad, and vengeful.

This dude really says "so I'ma let you taste her... I ain't washing my sins"... :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom