The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
After listening to it a bunch of times, he's made a lot of improvements as far as song making goes for his new approach. Die for you gave me that feeling. To go from Titr, to Angel, to Die for you is a great leap. Titr and Angel can be draining to listen to at times for me, but Die for you is extremely tolerable. For me, each album has gotten better, only leaves me more excited for his next one, which I feel will be a truly great project.

And
mean.gif
for missing the merch. That jacket is dope.

Last edited:
Yea...the album actually did get worse with each listen, for who ever said that. I don't know that I'll ever listen to it in its entirety again.

That songs I like, I love though. But that's only like 6 or 7 of them.

Yea...the album actually did get worse with each listen, for who ever said that. I don't know that I'll ever listen to it in its entirety again.

Wow my dude, I'm the exact opposite :lol: ...

...it gets better with each spin to me, I just press play and let it rock.

There's certain songs on this album that aren't bad but I have to be in the mood to listen to. Which is kind of odd.

Last edited:
"Whip game, make a n__a understand though
Got that Hannibal, Silence of the Lambo
Hit the gas so hard make it rotate
All my n___s blew up like a propane"
:smokin

So many quotables in that song. Fire

The flow on the second verse is too much heat. I'ma be throwing bows for sure when he does it live - feel bad for whoevers near me

"Whip game, make a n__a understand though
Got that Hannibal, Silence of the Lambo
Hit the gas so hard make it rotate
All my n___s blew up like a propane"
:smokin

So many quotables in that song. Fire

That verse and his verse on Sidewalks are yoga flames

Last edited:
Album gets worse with every listen, it's not supposed to work that way....

this

and this
the second half of the album puts me to sleep

Anybody got the target cd ? What's the exclusive song?

starboy Kygo remix

Yall sleep. This isn't what I wanted (obviously) but the album is better than BBTM. Secrets is my joint though :pimp:

Man got the XO channel playing on YouTube and it's hitting me again. Knowing he won't go back to that. The knowing, what you need, high for this, Twenty eight...

Starboy wasn't bad but man do I want the "drug induced won't go back to that Abel" back

Probably in the minority, but in a sense, I'm cool on dude going back to that wave. For one, I don't think it would be authentic. Dude said it in his interview that all he had was drugs and making music. These days he's driving Lamborghini's and smashing models. If his life goes down hill (god forbid) and he chooses to tap back into that dark place again, so be it. But for now, nah. I prefer dude not force it pause.

But more than anything, I look back at where I was back in 2011 when those tapes dropped. Life was rough for me, man. It was a dark period and I probably connected with the music so much because I felt as if I wasn't the only **** up alive. I drank, did drugs, gave girls the best of me even if it were only for one night. Thinking back, that **** is depressing. I don't want to go back to being sad. Life is progressing in a beautiful way these days. The girls that caused me the biggest headaches/heartaches of my life are nothing more than a passing thought these days. Some idiot fling even thought it would be funny to send me a pregnancy picture of another girl who I thought was "the one". I laughed and asked what that has to do with me. If I saw that 5 years ago I would've probably gone off the edge.

I listen to the old stuff and will forever appreciate it/that period of life, but I don't have any desire to go back to that. Life's good these days. I can only imagine Weeknd probably sees it similarity.

Last edited:
Man got the XO channel playing on YouTube and it's hitting me again. Knowing he won't go back to that. The knowing, what you need, high for this, Twenty eight...

Starboy wasn't bad but man do I want the "drug induced won't go back to that Abel" back
Probably in the minority, but in a sense, I'm cool on dude going back to that wave. For one, I don't think it would be authentic. Dude said it in his interview that all he had was drugs and making music. These days he's driving Lamborghini's and smashing models. If his life goes down hill (god forbid) and he chooses to tap back into that dark place again, so be it. But for now, nah. I prefer dude not force it pause.

But more than anything, I look back at where I was back in 2011 when those tapes dropped. Life was rough for me, man. It was a dark period and I probably connected with the music so much because I felt as if I wasn't the only **** up alive. I drank, did drugs, gave girls the best of me even if it were only for one night. Thinking back, that **** is depressing. I don't want to go back to being sad. Life is progressing in a beautiful way these days. The girls that caused me the biggest headaches/heartaches of my life are nothing. It a passing thought these days. Some idiot fling even thought it would be funny to send me a pregnancy picture of another girl who I thought was "the one". I laughed and asked what that has to do with me. If I saw that 5 years ago I would've probably gone off the edge.

I listen to the old stuff and will forever appreciate it/that period of life, but I don't have any desire to go back to that. Life's good these days. I can only imagine Weeknd probably sees it similarity.

STILL LOVIN THIS ALBUM

ZERO MISSES.

except maybe love to lay.

and false alarm. though its growing on me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom