The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
If I was playing this still, it'd be I Feel It Coming, Nothing Without You, Die For You, Stargirl Interlude, & True Colors.

5844D3E9-56E5-4F69-A3AB-AE508E475020.png
EC142360-8939-4D3B-A53A-62C1D04BFEFB.png

Attachments

• 043BA3C4-121F-4F26-AA42-B4457113E0EB.png
    043BA3C4-121F-4F26-AA42-B4457113E0EB.png
    975.6 KB · Views: 4
I feel like he always does that to try to revisit them feelings to write a song that'll make old fans satisfied

I read he might be doing a song with Katy Perry. You're not fooling me with those Kiss Land posts :smh:

I don't get it...can someone fill me in? ::emoji_eyes:

Long story short...

the dude was on a phenomenal run back in 2011. The music he was putting out was damn near a gift from above. It made you want to partake in vile acts and then numb yourself up with drugs so that you didn’t have to come to grips with the person you became. It was like, “God knows my heart, but these *****es don’t, and they never will.” It was that stuff that helped you deal with heartache by going out and inflicting similar heartache on others. Because it was fair. And then 2013 came and it seemed as though you had to strap right back in for the ride. You knew that meant potentially giving up on whatever progress you’d made as a person between the end of 2011 and the Fall of 2013. But you said f it. Because the thrill was worth it. And ****** really do only live once. So you press play on the near-masterpiece that is Kiss Land. And you realize that the girl you love doesn’t meant as much as you thought she did. And then you figure that she’s gonna end up leaving you eventually, so you minus whale get started on running through these other joints without a moment’s haste. Because who has time to wait for the eventual break up, right? So you listen to this sad mf’er being sad all over this sad *** album and then you realize that you sad too because you like the album... which makes you more sad. So then you brace yourself to go back to the debauchery.

And then you hear this trash that is Tears In The Rain. And it’s as if the record scratched. And then you let the weak *** song play out. And you’re beyond disappointed. Because you were about to take that dive back into the deep end, and TITR ****ed it all up for you. And then you come to your senses and immediately text your girl and apologize because you were bugging.

Then about 8 months later, there’s word that another song is coming. By the title of it, you’re sure that this will be the one that brings you back to the dark/fun side. You’ve had enough time to delete Trash in the Rain from your iTunes music library and you think “this will be the one... for real this time”.

But nope. All you’re left with is the further trash that is King of the Falloff, and you realize that the best laid schemes of mice and men go often awry and leave behind nothing but pain and suffering for promised joy.

You realize you’re the person getting knocked down in that gif, right?

Don’t be self deprecating. I want better for you, fam. :smh:

Long story short...

the dude was on a phenomenal run back in 2011. The music he was putting out was damn near a gift from above. It made you want to partake in vile acts and then numb yourself up with drugs so that you didn’t have to come to grips with the person you became. It was like, “God knows my heart, but these *****es don’t, and they never will.” It was that stuff that helped you deal with heartache by going out and inflicting similar heartache on others. Because it was fair. And then 2013 came and it seemed as though you had to strap right back in for the ride. You knew that meant potentially giving up on whatever progress you’d made as a person between the end of 2011 and the Fall of 2013. But you said f it. Because the thrill was worth it. And *****s really do only live once. So you press play on the near-masterpiece that is Kiss Land. And you realize that the girl you love doesn’t meant as much as you thought she did. And then you figure that she’s gonna end up leaving you eventually, so you minus whale get started on running through these other joints without a moment’s haste. Because who has time to wait for the eventual break up, right? So you listen to this sad mf’er being sad all over this sad *** album and then you realize that you sad too because you like the album... which makes you more sad. So then you brace yourself to go back to the debauchery.

And then you hear this trash that is Tears In The Rain. And it’s as if the record scratched. And then you let the weak *** song play out. And you’re beyond disappointed. Because you were about to take that dive back into the deep end, and TITR ****ed it all up for you. And then you come to your senses and immediately text your girl and apologize because you were bugging.

Then about 8 months later, there’s word that another song is coming. By the title of it, you’re sure that this will be the one that brings you back to the dark/fun side. You’ve had enough time to delete Trash in the Rain from your iTunes music library and you think “this will be the one... for real this time”.

But nope. All you’re left with is the further trash that is King of the Falloff, and you realize that the best laid schemes of mice and men go often awry and leave behind nothing but pain and suffering for promised joy.

Guys I think he finally filled us in.

'Tis the time around Kiss Land. He's with THE ONE. In prep mode for KL, he calls it off, getting ready for all sorts of vile, ignant, time of your life, XO levels of debauchery. Album comes out and he's excited even though this aint nothing to relate to but ohhhh he's relating. Then that last track comes on and he gets in his ****** feels because it is a beautiful song and realizes that he let the jawn go and she has moved on with her love life.

Case closed

tumblr_m9wdstYsoK1rrk7c1o1_400.gif

CRINE at “ohhhh but he’s relating“

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Repped. :nthat:

Nice analysis, but nah. I had a shorty I was kicking it with heavy when KL dropped but she damn sure wasn’t the one. Sheen eem’ get the title now that I think about it.

Turns out she belonged to the world so I definitely dodged a bullet on that one. :lol:

Haven’t been in here in a min but saw Abel tweet some TITR so had to pop in and see if a blinkin a blinkin was triggered. Confirmed :lol:. One day g.

Did i miss any un released ish? Stuff that plays with our emotions? :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom