The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
Couldn't help myself

Attachments

• IMG_20171202_184211.jpg
    IMG_20171202_184211.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 20
I peeped the merch at UO and its trash just like his newest music. Quality dipped. That hat is buns as well. Everything looked crusty.

Y'all think Abel is working on a new album yet? This man said an album every year smh we still waiting

I'm done waiting on the Seattle jawn.

But I'm about to eat hella crow right now & say that BBTM is a great album :blush:. I've revisited it maybe 4 times since the tour and every time it's grown a little more. Perhaps I was too stubborn to appreciate the new direction and parse out the new old vibes, if that makes any sense. I only skip that god awful can't feel my face **** and the rest I can rock with.

Long story short...

the dude was on a phenomenal run back in 2011. The music he was putting out was damn near a gift from above. It made you want to partake in vile acts and then numb yourself up with drugs so that you didn’t have to come to grips with the person you became. It was like, “God knows my heart, but these *****es don’t, and they never will.” It was that stuff that helped you deal with heartache by going out and inflicting similar heartache on others. Because it was fair. And then 2013 came and it seemed as though you had to strap right back in for the ride. You knew that meant potentially giving up on whatever progress you’d made as a person between the end of 2011 and the Fall of 2013. But you said f it. Because the thrill was worth it. And *****s really do only live once. So you press play on the near-masterpiece that is Kiss Land. And you realize that the girl you love doesn’t meant as much as you thought she did. And then you figure that she’s gonna end up leaving you eventually, so you minus whale get started on running through these other joints without a moment’s haste. Because who has time to wait for the eventual break up, right? So you listen to this sad mf’er being sad all over this sad *** album and then you realize that you sad too because you like the album... which makes you more sad. So then you brace yourself to go back to the debauchery.

And then you hear this trash that is Tears In The Rain. And it’s as if the record scratched. And then you let the weak *** song play out. And you’re beyond disappointed. Because you were about to take that dive back into the deep end, and TITR ****ed it all up for you. And then you come to your senses and immediately text your girl and apologize because you were bugging.

Then about 8 months later, there’s word that another song is coming. By the title of it, you’re sure that this will be the one that brings you back to the dark/fun side. You’ve had enough time to delete Trash in the Rain from your iTunes music library and you think “this will be the one... for real this time”.

But nope. All you’re left with is the further trash that is King of the Falloff, and you realize that the best laid schemes of mice and men go often awry and leave behind nothing but pain and suffering for promised joy.
I didn't even pay attention to the fall off...I started following him in 2011 right when HOB dropped. At that time I still had a twitter and a lot of the broads I followed were always tweeting his lyrics. After Trilogy dropped, I stopped paying attention cause real life got in the way, but when I came back to his discography I was surprised at the direction his music took. :smh:

Where were you when I neeeeeded you?
Eight months agooooo

Back
Top Bottom