The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

roll.gif

I know right. 3 minutes of "what you thinking about"
sick.gif
laugh.gif
My favorite part. I feel like I'm in another world
laugh.gif
This. That rolling bass in the headphones/whip when you're faded...........we trippy mayne!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

This tape has grown on me SOOO much. I was at a theme park yesterday singing it the entire time, random songs just appearing from my subconscious. I was itching for 10 gottdamn hours waiting to get back to the car just to listen to it form start to finish. I dont even want to stan like this, its making me uncomfortable almost. The boy is just that good, all respect to his epic 2011 year. I dont know what else to say.

-

55556666.png

happened to me with HOB.  I think it was Mother's Day.  I'm sitting at my grandmothers house looking around at my aunts and cousins like 
grin.gif
 (in my head)
they wouldn't even understand if it tried to put them on.  I'm just there trying to plot my exit without it being to abrupt, so I can go home an listen to it.
Same. My homegirl tasked me with making the playlist for her New Year's party. I was like honestly, I could just play HOB, Thursday, and especially EOS the whole night. But, that would've just been mad depressing 
laugh.gif
 ... plus all these UVA/VA Tech Asians (majority of the guests) wouldn't understand. I'm Filipino btw.

Originally Posted by Coolidge Effect

Is it just me but after a few songs they all sound the same and super boring?
The main criticisms I hear about him are the ones above

-Whiny voice
-Songs are too slow, puts them to sleep

I mean, everyone has their opinions but IDK about any of those complaints except maybe the whiny voice. Oh well.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

looks like weeknd is doing another canada tour

tumblr_luvm44WbKw1qewb3u.jpg

i hate az, cant wait to graduate and go back to ny and finally see shows again

"baby who you tryna fool? Girl I might be 21 but i've got memories to prove that i've seen your kind before and I know…"

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

son gave HOB a 3, youtube shoulda cancelled his account after that stunt...

indifferent.gif
he gave it an 8 tho
laugh.gif
wut
that was for EOS.
oh snaps haha. I missed that part of you post bro. My bad.
laugh.gif

Those glitch mob remixes are
smokin.gif

and

that pinky ring homey is wearing is dope as %+@*

Originally Posted by nwt

Originally Posted by nkwu11

a few people in the city I'm in right now (Waterloo) are saying he's playing a show at Wilfrid Laurier University? 
edit: annd: http://www.facebook.com/e...s/203625656397215/ 

That FB page isn't working - are these rumors confirmed? I graduated from WLU, would probably head up there if he was performing
They're confirmed by Laurier's Student Union "A-Team" (..
laugh.gif
) here: https://twitter.com/#!/ATEAMWLUSU there's a link to the event there too. No confirmation otherwise. 

RedMan wrote:
Originally Posted by whyhellothere

I don't think he knows that all the songs tell one big story.
thats why i dont take his @@%% serioulsy. he seems to be snob in all aspects and i wanna smack the glasses of his face

/\ Yeah I have no idea why people keep posting his reviews on here like dude is has some profound insight or something.

Initiation may be the only Weeknd song I don't like.
frown.gif

I think I've given EOS enough listens to positively say Thursday is better. Not disappointed in the least bit, though. He set the bar pretty high with the first two.

Originally Posted by CrusaderRB32

Dirty Diana and High For This are easily his my two favorite Weeknd tracks.. Aside from maybe Crew Love. Maybe...
...because 
The Party & The After Party and Gone >

Back
Top Bottom