The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by xblaze23

Onra stated that the file was lost so don't expect that track to be released.

I've been fond of the beat, can be found on "Tribute"
frown.gif

He better re-record that !%*$.

On the off chance i want to travel from MD to California....just for this, how long of a set do people normally play at coachella?

RadioHead live would make the trip worth it but if the weeknd would play 2 songs id be pretty disappointed. There is a 8% chance i would actually follow through on this.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

On the off chance i want to travel from MD to California....just for this, how long of a set do people normally play at coachella?

RadioHead live would make the trip worth it but if the weeknd would play 2 songs id be pretty disappointed. There is a 8% chance i would actually follow through on this.
Coachella sets that aren't headliners usually last 40-50 mins.

guys ur boy abel decided to open his motuh backing up his bestie. man o man. the weeknd is offcially dead in my eyes.

cries and throws on frank ocean

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

guys ur boy abel decided to open his motuh backing up his bestie. man o man. the weeknd is offcially dead in my eyes.

cryptic post is cryptic 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Rich Hill?

laugh.gif

I agree, that tweet was foolish and makes him look like a yes man. I'm still gonna play his music but real weak Abel, real weak

Ok so we are referring to this tweet

that was the worst comeback ive ever heard. reminds me of someone's drunk uncle...

From abel.  Who was this in reference to JMSN? since his album dropped today?

ohhh is this about common......who cares about that
i was hoping for actual beef.  Of course he is backing drake he should.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

laugh.gif

I agree, that tweet was foolish and makes him look like a yes man. I'm still gonna play his music but real weak Abel, real weak
How is someone backing his folks weak?
If you got in a beef and your man chimed in with a light jab on YOUR behalf, would he be weak?

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

laugh.gif

If you got in a beef and your man chimed in with a light jab on YOUR behalf, would he be weak?
And of course, that don't make him your man because your palms meet - AZ

Originally Posted by RavageBX

laugh.gif

And of course, that don't make him your man because your palms meet - AZ

Dat boi just wanting to get signed and make paychecks.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

He's billed pretty high. He'll probably have a 8-8:55 set

Originally Posted by CrusaderRB32

Dirty Diana and High For This are easily his two best tracks.. Aside from maybe Crew Love. Maybe...

A Mj song and possibly a song featuring Drake and  2 min instrumental break are his best songs?

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by CrusaderRB32

Dirty Diana and High For This are easily his two best tracks.. Aside from maybe Crew Love. Maybe...

A Mj song and possibly a song featuring Drake and  2 min instrumental break are his best songs?

those songs are 
pimp.gif

But my personal favorites are high for this, wicked games, the zone, intiation and same old song.

EoS hasn't left my CD player since it came out 
laugh.gif

I swear some of yall must be some flaw as friends, your boy got beef and you aint gonna back him?

He just said it was a weak diss, yall acting like he said he wanted to throw hands with com or something

Originally Posted by solefood229

I swear some of yall must be some flaw as friends, your boy got beef and you aint gonna back him?
The concept of loyalty is just lost on some folks.  I'm sure we've all experienced first hand a so called "friend" suddenly switch lanes and change the tune he's singing.
Not to mention this is NT so _s gonna reach for any and every reason to try to paint something as a flaw or discredit someone.

Ya'll in here like some idiots talking about loyalty but has the Weeknd even known Drake for a year now? Just because someone show you some love don't make him your friend. Especially when its industry love. Bottom line, if Weeknd wasn't buzzin Drake wouldn't be embracing him. So for Weeknd to jump off the ledge and start poppin fly over a situation that has NOTHING to do with him is outta pocket. What makes it worse is this ain't even on some ol' rap crew beef a la State Property where maybe you can stretch your role as a soldier when Jay beefs with Nas and you take a few shots on some crew love steez. OVOXO is not a rap crew, mob, gang, squad, or whatever other term you want to use that gives hip hop crews street cred. IDGAF how many dudes in black crew necks Drake puts in his videos. It's bad enough Drake buying into his own street cred now you got the Weeknd testing the waters. He's getting ahead of himself and anyone who says otherwise is not calling a spade a spade. Don't be Drake's son son, be a man and stand on your own two.

/\ You taking it way too serious. I don't know how we tying "street cred" and "soldiers" into this now. Son let off one little tweet...adding his two cents. All that other stuff...is reading too much in it.

As for the beginning of your comment...a MAJOR reason why Weeknd is buzzing is because of Drake. HOB took off when Drake put one of his tracks on his blog.

You think son came from NOWHERE with NO AFFILIATION and just put up hundreds of thousands of downloads on his first tape like that on his own? No.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Ya'll in here like some idiots talking about loyalty but has the Weeknd even known Drake for a year now? Just because someone show you some love don't make him your friend. Especially when its industry love. Bottom line, if Weeknd wasn't buzzin Drake wouldn't be embracing him. So for Weeknd to jump off the ledge and start poppin fly over a situation that has NOTHING to do with him is outta pocket. What makes it worse is this ain't even on some ol' rap crew beef a la State Property where maybe you can stretch your role as a soldier when Jay beefs with Nas and you take a few shots on some crew love steez. OVOXO is not a rap crew, mob, gang, squad, or whatever other term you want to use that gives hip hop crews street cred. IDGAF how many dudes in black crew necks Drake puts in his videos. It's bad enough Drake buying into his own street cred now you got the Weeknd testing the waters. He's getting ahead of himself and anyone who says otherwise is not calling a spade a spade. Don't be Drake's son son, be a man and stand on your own two.

Drake got the Weeknd buzzin...

/\ You taking it way too serious. I don't know how we tying "street cred" and "soldiers" into this now. Son let off one little tweet...adding his two cents. All that other stuff...is reading too much in it.

As for the beginning of your comment...a MAJOR reason why Weeknd is buzzing is because of Drake. HOB took off when Drake put one of his tracks on his blog.

You think son came from NOWHERE with NO AFFILIATION and just put up hundreds of thousands of downloads on his first tape like that on his own? No.
Why did he need to add his two cents? We know where your loyalty lies but to step out and make a statement like that makes him sound like a clown. Same goes for 40. Dude had the audacity to question whether Common was hip hop. Clown isht. Baby had the best response out of all his affiliates, now that's saying something lol.
And the Weeknd is buzzing because the quality of the music is superior not because Drake cosigned him. That's that industry gaffle for you. Same thing happened with Drake. Anyone who thinks Drake wouldn't have been a huge star without the YMCMB cosign is kidding themselves. Sure the cosign opens up a few avenues but it's not the determining factor in whether or not someone will blow. When House of Balloons dropped everyone was promoting dude via word of mouth. Sure Drake may have opened up a few eyes and ears by virtue of his popularity but people didn't buy in because of a Drake cosign, they bought in because the music is great.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Can anyone translate the parts of Montreal he took from France Gall's 'Laisse tomber les filles'? I'd really like to know what it means.
Yea,he used the lines from Gall's "Laisser tomber les filles" which means "Let go of the girls". 
i think i remember hearing this song in a Tarantino movie
it's been stuck in my head all day

Back
Top Bottom