The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
Doors opened at 7. Diddy and Meek Mill came in around 8:30. Weeknd took the stage around 8:40 and performed for exactly an hour.

I was about 10 feet from the stage. Maybe he got feedback from other shows because his mic levels seemed pretty good. And maybe I don't have a perfect pitch ear like some of you guys, but I thought he sounded really good. Though that may have also been from the 2nd hand high I got from the amount of weed smoke around me.

If you think that some of the people on NT love The Weeknd, good God. Some of the dudes in the crowd were ready to give him fellatio on stage. One dude talking about how he made eye contact with him....

Overall I thought it was a really good show. I'll post some pics and videos tomorrow.

got stuck with fake tickets, like 60 other people did. Avoid craigslists, these scammers are pros, got ticketmaster hard tickets, envelopes and even fake receipts. My boy got stuck for $600 on Knicks tickets last week.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Doors opened at 7. Diddy and Meek Mill came in around 8:30. Weeknd took the stage around 8:40 and performed for exactly an hour.

I was about 10 feet from the stage. Maybe he got feedback from other shows because his mic levels seemed pretty good. And maybe I don't have a perfect pitch ear like some of you guys, but I thought he sounded really good. Though that may have also been from the 2nd hand high I got from the amount of weed smoke around me.

If you think that some of the people on NT love The Weeknd, good God. Some of the dudes in the crowd were ready to give him fellatio on stage. One dude talking about how he made eye contact with him....

Overall I thought it was a really good show. I'll post some pics and videos tomorrow.
laugh.gif
i was back in the bar area for the performance. I think it was before he performed Outside and all i noticed that a bunch of dudes started jumping around like 13 yr old girls at a bieber concert. Dudes were also there screaming "Abel" in the most suspect manner before the performance and wicked games.

The sound wasn't as bad as I thought but it was clear that the weeknd didn't want to sing at times and wanted a sing along but wasn't getting it.  It was still a great performance and worth the money.

30t6p3b.gif

Seems really fun but what's the point of dude even being there if people are going to drown him out like that?

Whatever though, don't mean to beat a dead horse.

Excited to give him another shot at Lollapalooza.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

30t6p3b.gif

Seems really fun but what's the point of dude even being there if people are going to drown him out like that?

I say he pulls a Lil' Wayne and tells all the fans to shut the %+%$ up.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

30t6p3b.gif

I say he pulls a Lil' Wayne and tells all the fans to shut the *@++ up.

When he proforms crew love he laughs at the part when he says this is no sing a long

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

30t6p3b.gif

I say he pulls a Lil' Wayne and tells all the fans to shut the *@++ up.

When he proforms crew love he laughs at the part when he says this is no sing a long

Part of me thinks he likes it when fans sing-along off that line alone. But still....

There was singing along the whole time, but all of the others songs his levels were louder so you could still hear him over the crowd. This one was just turned down a bit since it was the acoustic.

^^^ That's right. I also didn't think that bass would be so heavy either. The vids I took my camera could hardly pick up the vocals.

FYI every show that I've been to, the artist would stop singing/rapping point the mic at audience and let the crowd sing.

Originally Posted by Miniojw

^^^ That's right. I also didn't think that bass would be so heavy either. The vids I took my camera could hardly pick up the vocals.

Same thing happened to me 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by romedadude

Ok, I've read around and it is a group, Abel Tesfaye (vocals) and Jeremy Rose (production).

pimp.gif
x infinity
early on people were saying that, but abel himself has moved around from their production as the weeknd. even for shows that have the weeknd it's just abel and a band. 

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

everyone complaining has ONLY been to hip-hop shows, i'm sure.
Not only this, but everyone complaining has NOT gone to one of his shows. You can't speak on how annoying the crowd must be unless you've been a part.

i have only been to hip hop shows but I would believe that Bon Iver, Dave Mathews, and Ben Harper shows the crowd sings along the whole time.

i have only been to hip hop shows but I would believe that Bon Iver, Dave Mathews, and Ben Harper shows the crowd sings along the whole time.

exactly.

for everyone saying it's annoying, you mean to tell me THIS would be annoying??? up until the 2 minute mark is what i'm talking about...

You have to be aware that, on the surface, people are paying (absurd prices, apparently) for a showcase of the guy's voice that they've been rocking with for a year + via their earphones ...  not a crowd sing along that drowns out his vocals.
It didn't necessarily bother me, but I can see why some people would be frustrated.

Originally Posted by JD161616

You have to be aware that, on the surface, people are paying (absurd prices, apparently) for a showcase of the guy's voice that they've been rocking with for a year + via their earphones ...  not a crowd sing along that drowns out his vocals.
It didn't necessarily bother me, but I can see why some people would be frustrated.
lets keep it real

the production = lyrics > actual vocals

if the sound system is set up right it should drown out his vocals, only accentuate it...

people are paying for an experience and singing along enhances the experience. As he mentioned earlier other non hip hop acts go thru the same "problem". I know at some shows Bon Iver pass out sheets of paper with their songs lyrics so the crowd may sing along with them.

people are paying for an experience and singing along enhances the experience. As he mentioned earlier other non hip hop acts go thru the same "problem". I know at some shows Bon Iver pass out sheets of paper with their songs lyrics so the crowd may sing along with them.

eyes.gif
 word to wiki

Because of the extensive use of vocal harmony on the songs of For Emma, Forever Ago, Vernon was concerned that there would not be enough voices to duplicate the sound of the songs on the album in a live setting. To compensate for this problem in early performances, Vernon passed out lyrics for some songs to the audience to sing along to. In an interview with Pitchfork, Vernon described this dilemma. "I don't want to be the guy with an acoustic guitar singing songs, because that's boring for the most part. The song actually needs 80–500 people singing or whatever the vibe is of that room, it needs that fight"

Back
Top Bottom