The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
went to the lauderdale show yesterday heres my review...

vocal were NOT drowned out but for most songs the weeknd relied on the crowds vocals as back ups and he didnt really sing certain songs just harmonized a lil bit. You dont really hear the whole crowd over his voice the speakers were pretty good on venue.

same set as coachella + trust issues.. DONT move after the "last song" because wicked games acoustics will be coming... did anyone buy any of the posters? I forgot to buy one at the box office

same set as coachella + trust issues.. DONT move after the "last song" because wicked games acoustics will be coming... did anyone buy any of the posters? I forgot to buy one at the box office

need more info, if it's the HoB cover,
eek.gif

Chicago review:

vocals were pretty weak IMO. sounded tired. relied on crowd for most of it, but I think he is just inexperienced. danced liked Michael Jackson with rigid movements. Sounds NOTHING like the mixtapes. For sure there is some doctoring going on.

With all that said, it was a good show. I know that contradicts my review, but with the vibe of the crowd, anticipation, drinks, and females...it was good. Not exceptional, but good. He really needs to practice his breathing on stage, energy control, song sequencing, and actually singing the songs loud. It was worth my $30, but I wasn't blown away like I wanted to be...wishing I went to A$AP....

Not even rappers sound the same live as their MP3's lol

Thats a bad expectation. I wish the kid was coming to texas

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

Not even rappers sound the same live as their MP3's lol

Thats a bad expectation. I wish the kid was coming to texas

son it was mostly falsetto. i'm not saying he needed to sound CDQ, but could have at least sung more than 1/2 the concert.

Was at the Chicago show Thursday night (of all days 
laugh.gif
)
I agree with what poster said above. Could barely hear his voice throughout.

But the vibe made up for it. 

Just wished it had better sound quality for his actual singing. 

Great band and DAMN was that a great venue (Lincoln Hall).

unsets.jpg

AsBmpRLCIAAJmbF.jpg

If you guys are high out your mind (the way the weeknd is meant to be enjoyed), theres no way youre not enjoying his show to the fullest.

SMH at this show being the same day as the A$AP Rocky show

SMH at having to be HIGH to enjoy The Weeknd's performance.

Does any Chi heads know what day he's going to he performing at Lollapalooza?

hey guys, can you let me know if there's a print/poster being sold at/after the show? I tried reading up on it at KTT forum but let's just say, it's Smithers in there.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

hey guys, can you let me know if there's a print/poster being sold at/after the show? I tried reading up on it at KTT forum but let's just say, it's Smithers in there.
Yes, they were giving out a small poster. Had HOB album cover on it. It's about 16"x8"

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Saturday.
Hope you have your ticket because that's the day that's sold out already.

I was only drunk and I still thoroughly enjoyed the performance. 

Yes, they were giving out a small poster. Had HOB album cover on it. It's about 16"x8"

Thanks. Well.. if someone can scoop this up for me, mint.. hit my boost. I'll pay obviously.

Originally Posted by Regis

If you guys are high out your mind (the way the weeknd is meant to be enjoyed), theres no way youre not enjoying his show to the fullest.

Saying you need to smoke 
indifferent.gif

yeah, it was frustrating having this show the same night as asap. abel will be performing at lollapalooza saturday, same for frank ocean.

i had a chance to be right up front on the floor, but opted to sit on the balcony with front row seats.. glad i did because it got packed!

the concert sounded nothing like the mixtape, but i still enjoyed the differences & the live band.

here are two videos i uploaded.. if you all want to see anymore, just let me know.

Not sure what show yall was getting but the show last night was amazing. Girls went wild when Drake came out. Pure chaos 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Plus the full moon at the cemetery. *#+% was 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

11ujf4h.jpg

[h1]The Weeknd to Open for Florence and the Machine[/h1]
09-18 Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center
09-19 Columbia, MD - Merriweather Post Pavilion
10-04 San Diego, CA - Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre
10-05 Mountain View, CA - Shoreline Amphitheatre
10-07 Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by Regis

Saying you need to smoke 
indifferent.gif
idk how yall enjoy an artist whose songs feature all these vices that yall dont even appreciate

concert was short enough to still have the 2nd blunt still burning by end of wicked games
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Come on cuh I understand fans trying to defend their artists but saying you gotta be high out your mind to enjoy his music is stannish

Originally Posted by cartune

Come on cuh I understand fans trying to defend their artists but saying you gotta be high out your mind to enjoy his music is stannish

No one said that but would you go to a wiz or currensy sober and expect to get the same feeling as you would be on one? All of his songs promote drug use and from the look of his facial expressions at the concert he was on one himself

Back
Top Bottom