The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
sick.gif
The word classic gets thrown around so recklessly on NT
They were nothing short of it IMO. It's one of the most amazing runs in a given year that I've ever experienced. I have no issues proclaiming all three tapes were all-time works in my book. Plus classic is subjective to a person anyway, I know I can call each a classic because since they've been released I haven't went a day without listening to a few tracks.

Last edited:
I would :pimp: at this but it's 3 discs and I know these crooked *** labels not just gonna release 2 extra discs like that so idk if this is a success or not. :nerd:

I'm saying, if they are counting actual discs they way they used to, a triple disc cd, with 100k sold, would really only amount to 30k+ actual Trilogy units...

i would like to know how it works..

each disc has it's own upc code.. but the actual package has a upc code as well, all of them different.

finally received my physical copy, and dammit...EOS won't load on my comp. it plays on my radio, just doesn't load.

i would like to know how it works..

each disc has it's own upc code.. but the actual package has a upc code as well, all of them different.

I'm interested in figuring this out as well. I was hoping Billboard's piece would break it down today, but it just had a mention of the release.

Realistically, though - when the scanner at Best Buy is checking you out, isn't just scanning the one UPC (i.e. counting for one unit, not three)?

Thursday just jumped up in my book. Tied w/ Echoes of Silence now for that 2 spot. The remaster did wonders for it.

finally picked up my copy yesterday. I think i am going to buy another copy for my NT secret santa lol

But i have only made it through HOB. Well worth $10 and I will pick up prob 2 more copies for gifts.

The beginning of Coming Down ( remastered ) got me feelin' like

This chick told me the teacher of her Sexual Humanities class asked the students if they've ever had sex to The Weeknds music :lol:

importing the music into my itunes right now..going to add enemy,trust issues, and make you remember minus wiz khalifa at the end of each disc.

Can we start the Bonus song rankings now lol

I know it isn't a bonus song but:
1.Enemy
2. Twenty Eight
3. Valerie
4. Till Dawn

Its really hard to rate them....and really i think Valerie and Twenty Eight are 1. and 1A.

As far as the remastered versions. I think thursday sounds the most different. Not sure if i like it or not. I used to love the roughness of how the songs sounded. Added to the brashness of the experience. But no song sounds so drastically different that i am like wow it sucks or wow it is way better.

This **** is still insanely epic.

And I don't think it counts as 3 copies when they're sold since each album is only like 50 long.  If true, it's pretty amazing how much he's selling.

Back
Top Bottom