The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
Got the last copy at my local Target.  Wicked Games came on the radio on the drive home...it's about to go down.
It was sold out that quick? They only have like four copies or what lol. I thought it would be easy to find but hopefully I don't have to drive all around town later today just to find one at a Target or BB
I got there at 1130am and there was only one left.  I went to the "New Music" section and it wasn't there.  I decided to look around and happened to spot it sitting randomly with all the other albums.

Either it sold out that quickly, Target really only had 4 copies
laugh.gif
, or Target didn't put them all out.  Hopefully you can get yours with ease though man.

Bruhs

I never listened to the Weeknd but Wicked Games on the radio got me like :frown: :smokin

Gotta give him some more listens..best work :nerd:

Some of y'all who don't hear the differences in the remaster are probably using Apple headphones or laptop speakers :lol:

It's not about hearing the differences, it doesn't take much to hear the difference. I hear the difference and I use 5 dollar headphones.

Its about whether or not the differences are large enough to make the purchase of material that you already have.

What exactly is different about the remastered versions in the trilogy? I haven't compared yet but when I listened to the whole thing it sounded the exact same as the mixtapes. Played it through my receiver with surround sound too not some cheap headphones or computer speakers.

Listen to the sounds.

Bass is much more clear, louder.

Drums and snares are much more crisp, they don't sound as raw as the mixtapes.

Quality overall.

Might replace the mixtapes Coming Down for the remastered. Feelin it.

Valerie is just too :x :x :x :x :x :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

The MJ sound at "hesitation" and at the end when the beat is gone and the "I only waaaaaaant yooooou" no competition smh

I put all 30 tracks, and added Enemy as track 31 out of 31 all together (f that 3 separate disc stuff on my ipod haha) anybody else do that? And I'm creating an ACC version of What You Need and putting it in the trilogy, I like that Aaliyah sample too much not to hear it

It's not about hearing the differences, it doesn't take much to hear the difference. I hear the difference and I use 5 dollar headphones.
Its about whether or not the differences are large enough to make the purchase of material that you already have.
THIS!!

and IMO its not

Listen to the sounds.
Bass is much more clear, louder.
Drums and snares are much more crisp, they don't sound as raw as the mixtapes.
Quality overall.

Might replace the mixtapes Coming Down for the remastered. Feelin it.

this. listened to trilogy all day at work on spotify. def differences in tracks. many sound cleaner...essentially remastered, and to a positive effect. my issue was...

THIS!!

and IMO its not

this was my opinion on it all. im essentially paying (small fee) for some music that was released for free a few yrs ago. so essentially its he gets signed, takes his portfolio, puts a coat of polish, and is like 'have the same thing but gimme $ this time'. oh plus a few new tracks.

fortunately considering it isn't expensive, and the remastering sounds better than OG, im inclined to purchase. also, TheWeeknd is my fav artist right now, if not one of em. and frankly all of his music has been on point...VERY on point, and i probably will cop for $13.

You might hear a difference, but it's a $5 difference. The difference is night and day with my Sennheisers. Dudes will never understand the difference a high-end headphone can make, cause you only know it from your perspective :lol:

Bought my copy at Best Buy earlier today. I hope Abel sells as much as possible. Sure as hell deserves it. :smokin

I was skeptical about buying it at first. Like a lot of people, my logic was "why would I pay for something I already own". In hindsight, I would've payed 10.00 a piece per EP if physical copies were being released (last year). 10.00 for 30 songs that I love is well worth it.

Also, anyone notice the emblems on the CD representing the names of the EP? Pretty clever

Back
Top Bottom