The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
Looks like this guy is about to release a music video for Twenty Eight. He's been releasing photos like crazy from the shoot on FB

That's great and all but I need some new. I'm beyond thirsty at this point.

:smokin

When Trilogy dropped twenty eight was my fav new joint and possibly fav from him

Video certainly didn't disappoint :lol: :smokin

Honestly all the video's he's put out before 'Twenty Eight' have been awful, but this one is pretty damn awesome. :pimp: well done Abel.

the video is nice..

i wonder if he did any lines with the models in between takes..

also, i love how this dude is still bucking on the mainstream.. cause ain't no way this video

can get any play on anywhere but the internet.

Last edited:
Dope video. :pimp:

Just makes me want to do drugs in a cheap hotel with about six broads that's down to try something new and exciting with probably two of my boys but still everyone gotta sign a release form because the room's only $60 and I ain't eem trying to have to pay no surcharge for people completely trashing the place but that's kind of expected since the drugs will range from weed to coke to MDMA but not that cheap cut down nonsense you can get for ten bucks at a night club in Atlanta on a Saturday even though at first it seems like a good deal but so was that broad from backpage that wanted $60 for the supposed "amazing bj" that you contemplated getting because your main ***** is tripping yet again since you went out a few nights before and never called but then you say forget it because this backpage broad might get you stuck up or even worse she might burn you because std's are real out here and you know the 3 days it takes for doctors to test your blood be the longest three days since you panicking to the point where you just know you caught the clap but then the doc calls you to the office and tells you you're good so you decide the $60 is better spent on the hotel room for you your boys and a bunch of skanks that are down to party do drugs and have a good time with rubbers even though you and your boy been eyeing the same harlot but neither of you tripping on it because the drugs will sort errything out and you know you'll both probably end up smashing the joint though in the back of your mind you just hope you get to go first.

But yeah, the weeknd makes cool music, b.

Last edited:
No Fab Feb got me looking at his female associates like 
devil.gif

Dont get the vid though
laugh.gif

the video is nice..

i wonder if he did any lines with the models in between takes..

also, i love how this dude is still bucking on the mainstream.. cause ain't no way this video

can get any play on anywhere but the internet.

I literally said these same words to a friend. Like its hilarious...who is he making the video for? Himself and fans. Its not like he slipped some topless shots in that could be edited for MTV Jams or something.....70% of the video is naked women :lol: :smokin :smokin

Love this dude. And rolling stone vid? no one liked that? The lyrics fit what the girl was wearing that was holding him? At the beginning she was fully clothed and as he got more popular she shed the clothes...i thought it was brilliant

the knowing video? really? one of the best vids ive seen in recent memory. The draws from ethiopian heritage....the two separate planets....the girl betraying the king...the king knowing the whole time that she was behind it all....she takes his heart....but still can't destroy it....he triumphs in the end over the girl.

His videos always have some kind of deep meaning behind it

Dope he's being artistic and putting thought into his videos

The Twenty Eight video is dope. I thought the Rollin Stone vid was nice to. :pimp:

I keep thinking this dudes life is like the movie Purple Rain with a bunch of Apolllonia's.

Last edited:
I literally said these same words to a friend. Like its hilarious...who is he making the video for? Himself and fans. Its not like he slipped some topless shots in that could be edited for MTV Jams or something.....70% of the video is naked women :lol: :smokin :smokin

Love this dude. And rolling stone vid? no one liked that? The lyrics fit what the girl was wearing that was holding him? At the beginning she was fully clothed and as he got more popular she shed the clothes...i thought it was brilliant

the knowing video? really? one of the best vids ive seen in recent memory. The draws from ethiopian heritage....the two separate planets....the girl betraying the king...the king knowing the whole time that she was behind it all....she takes his heart....but still can't destroy it....he triumphs in the end over the girl.

real slept on video because its kind of confusing/out there but man... beautiful video for a powerful song. need more music like that from the weeknd.

:pimp: at the video.

The obvious meaning to the video is that there's the jump who he let in. She ain't leaving cause he's about to blow up (watching him on tv).

The other take is him about to blow up to the mainstream world. There's something about Abel wanting to stay loyal to the underground and his fans. "Did you have to tell your friends? Did you have to tell the world?"... He's on that borderline now...

Translation from the Romanian interview in the end of the vid: "You can make your own opinion and you can decide yourself where the truth lies. Thank you for listening to us."

My son :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom