The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Definitely blasting the weeknd this weekend.
Minus whale start Thursday.

my dude went Gold in a little under 2 months..

2013 shall be his.

:pimp:

its a 3 cd set

for a double or triple disc set you need to sell 250,000 cd's
that's still feat when cd's are selling less and less

now if this was a sing disc and he went gold this would be mean something

guess i'm right from the info on the link

Last edited:
Somesongs I think sound pretty good with the rain in the back ground:

The party and the after party
Thursday
Heaven or Las Vegas
Coming down
The birds part 2
The knowing
The morning
High for this

People with iPhones can check out the free Infinite Storm app as opposed to to the Rainy Mood app for $5.

:pimp: he went gold off music that's been out for over a few yrs now..

i really hope he doesn't collaborate with any artists, am i the only one who feels like that? that weeknd x wiz khalifa joint was trash mainly because of wiz's wack lines.

collab with a better rap artist or keep it ovo i say...

Dude doesn't need any colabs imo

But I'm definitely a fan of Remember me

Last edited:
Completely agree about the calabs and i said the same exact thing to a friend yesterday

The weeknd sings about relationships...doing drugs...sex...combos of sex and drugs lol. So you need a rapper that basically is intelligent, can rap about relationships, and does drugs.....

Drake............thats about it lol. Wiz seriously can not rap on topic please don't put him on your album. But other then that we know we don't want Juicy J on anything. Who else is The Weeknd connected to? Rich Hill....please no.....use drake's ymcmb connections....please god no.....

So you can have 1-2 songs max featuring drake. The rest better have no collaborations :lol:

I'd like to hear an Andre 3000 x Weeknd collab :nerd:

Granted the drug references wouldn't be there, but Andre has already proved he could go to the left in terms of music (The Love Below). Plus, he's been doing R&B features (Frank Ocean, Drake, Beyonce, Chris Brown, etc).

I agree that there aren't many artists out there that could cohesively collab with The Weeknd, though.

Last edited:

For real. Outside of being up and coming R&B artist they're not comparable at all. Two different subject matters, styles, sexual preferences etc. Thats like asking for American Food at a Mexican Restauraunt then saying its a watered down version of American food.

Chances are if you don't do drugs
Don't live a lifestyle filled of debauchery on the weekend
Dont Resort to substance abuse when things are going romantically astray
You're not going to be a fan of The Weeknd.
Not saying he doesn't have commercial appeal, but it's often hard to give an artist a chance when you don't see a piece of you in them and the music isn't ear grabbing catchy.

Back
Top Bottom