The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
indifferent.gif

i forgot to mention to the homie who was looking for all his unreleased tracks or what not. that what you need rendition and the birds interlude was godly  
pimp.gif

Am I the only one who hasn't even listened to the "remastered" Trilogy 
nerd.gif

Only downloaded the new tracks & had no interest in listening to what they  changed.

Mixtapes were perfect as is IMO.

Am I the only one who hasn't even listened to the "remastered" Trilogy 
nerd.gif

Only downloaded the new tracks & had no interest in listening to what they  changed.

Mixtapes were perfect as is IMO.
The Fall remastered IMO is better than the OG. High for this is on par with the OG.  And Thursday is dope too.  Gone OG is the best though. But I still do like the remastered as well.

More and more I listen to kissland, I distance it from the trilogy...it's literally not the same vibe. I see why some ppl don't **** with it. It's dope to me but it's definitely not as good

Funny you say that as this morning's commute was accompanied by KL.

Half way through the album, I concluded (or rather, reaffirmed) that KissLand is perfection. I forgot where I was, where I was going, and even the simple fact that I was out in public. KissLand is an experience. Yes, it's different from the mixtapes, but it's still rooted in the vibes of the music that lead to it.

if you commit to this ride, there's no turning back

His pen game on Kissland was great and vocally it's his best work. I didn't love it until last summer. It took a while for it to hit me cuz I was used to his production being darker and the raunch talk. The first 4 songs are an experience and it ends with Pretty and Tears In The Rain. The way the album flows is perfect, I love it.

Last edited:
Pretty is that jam. :smokin

Its precisely that though. It's not dark at all. Which is what made him what he is lowkey in my opinion.

Half way through the album, I concluded (or rather, reaffirmed) that KissLand is perfection. I forgot where I was, where I was going, and even the simple fact that I was out in public. KissLand is an experience. Yes, it's different from the mixtapes, but it's still rooted in the vibes of the music that lead to it.

You speak nothing but the facts, my ___ :pimp:

I knew before Professional was done on the first play through that the young god outdid himself on this album. He did nothing to prove me wrong. I have it right on the same level as the Trilogy.

Dawg that's ONE song though. And tbh it's hard to get thru that first half. Should have just had the second half of the song cuz that was fire

Don't get me wrong, like what you like, I'm not even going to question that. I'm simply saying you got the wrong idea about the song Pretty

When you say Kiss Land "isn't the same vibe as the Trilogy", well yes, of course it is not. They are two separate projects. Kiss Land though, is still quite dark

Professional, Adaptation, Belong to the World, Kiss Land, Tears in the Rain, (hell even The Town) I mean more than half the album is very dark. That's why I said I don't think you quite understand Kiss Land as a whole. As evidenced by you saying Pretty is not dark. Pretty is the definition of dark

Last edited:
Ahh you misunderstood what I was saying, I wasn't saying pretty wasn't dark, I was saying the album isn't dark. My bad on the miscommunication.

Dawg, come on adaption is not dark :lol: my mans is singing the cliche "she could have been the one" type song. Don't get me wrong I like it, I jam out to it. But in my opinion it's not dark. I'll give you tears on the rain because I don't care for that song enough to know what it's about :lol:. Professional yeah i like that one a lot. Belong to the world EHHHHHHH I love the song but idk...probably the song it's self is why I wouldn't call it dark. It's a "pop-ish" type song with the beat and melody but I can see what you're saying when it comes to the subject of it. but yeah Bruh. I get the album in its entirety. I'm just baffled at how Yall could say it's dark compared to the older stuff.

Hope he manages to make a project better than the trilogy somewhere down the line. Gonna be tough tho. That **** is probably top 5 of my most played albums. Especially HOB, just never gets old.

Last edited:
Kissland isn't necessarily the in your face dark tone as the previous projects. It's sort of a dark undertone. Once you pay attention to the lyrics I think it becomes clear. It just has more mainstream appeal.

Wasn't KL influenced by horror movies?

I mean if so then obvi it's dark.

It's just not as vulgar as the trilogy.

Last edited:
Funny you say that as this morning's commute was accompanied by KL.

:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom