The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
I knew KL was gonna be fire 3 lines into my first listen of Professional.

"It's ideal, you need someone to tell you how to feel, and you think your happiness is real"

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Ahh you misunderstood what I was saying, I wasn't saying pretty wasn't dark, I was saying the album isn't dark. My bad on the miscommunication.

Dawg, come on adaption is not dark
laugh.gif
my mans is singing the cliche "she could have been the one" type song. Don't get me wrong I like it, I jam out to it. But in my opinion it's not dark. I'll give you tears on the rain because I don't care for that song enough to know what it's about
laugh.gif
. Professional yeah i like that one a lot. Belong to the world EHHHHHHH I love the song but idk...probably the song it's self is why I wouldn't call it dark. It's a "pop-ish" type song with the beat and melody but I can see what you're saying when it comes to the subject of it. but yeah Bruh. I get the album in its entirety. I'm just baffled at how Yall could say it's dark compared to the older stuff.

Hope he manages to make a project better than the trilogy somewhere down the line. Gonna be tough tho. That **** is probably top 5 of my most played albums. Especially HOB, just never gets old.
I agree with the person who said that KL just isn't the vulgar, obvious dark stuff

IMO I think KL is really dark, from the lead-ins to the lyrics to the drums to the sound. Of course it isn't the Triology, I will never argue that. Trilogy is just a whole different project and time period that he was going through. Different sound. So I understand why people would say KL isn't dark when we have Trilogy 

The whole Japanese influence to me is creepy as hell and I love it so much

Last edited:
about to get this girl im talking to to start listening to the weeknd while im at her crib :evil:

gonna be awkward af if she's not into it since i havent closed yet :lol:

Last edited:
about to get this girl im talking to to start listening to the weeknd while im at her crib
devil.gif

gonna be awkward af if she's not into it since i havent closed yet
laugh.gif
if the weeknd music doesnt lead to relations while chilling at her pad....either shes not into you that way or you gotta put on the full court press

We hooked up, just havent done the deed yet. She's on that super shy white girl steeze. Gotta be a lowkey freak though

The second half of the track Kiss Land is just filthy 
nthat.gif
This can't be stated enough

The whole track is probably my most 
eek.gif
 moment ever out of all his songs

When it first dropped 
eek.gif

Instantly had me spazzing out. I remember I was at Panera, helping my now current GF with her HW. Stopped the whole process and had to run the track back like three times. She really did not understand 

that buildup for love in the sky is the greatest thing ive heard in an album.............professional , the town , adaptation , love in the sky 
pimp.gif

Honestly, to me even Love in the Sky has a weird darker tone to it. Not the lyrics necessarily but the sound of it. I love it so much 
laugh.gif

that buildup for love in the sky is the greatest thing ive heard in an album.............professional , the town , adaptation , love in the sky 
pimp.gif
The beginning of Kiss Land is probably the best opening to an album I've ever heard. Those 4 songs are godly and the fact they're back to back is perfection. 

Adaptation is 
pimp.gif
 though

Last edited:
The whole album flows perfectly imo. Don't think I've ever heard anything quite like it.

I think the only weak aspects of the album are Live For (which I like) and Wanderlust. People probably love those songs and they're not bad but imo those are really the only weak parts.

ive been on record saying wanderlust was my least favorite track on the album. remix didnt do it fo me either. 

Odd Look though....
pimp.gif

Last edited:
All this KL talk :pimp:.

Shamon Abel, it's been too long. What happened to dropping a hundred thousand?

pimp.gif
The beginning of Kiss Land is probably the best opening to an album I've ever heard. Those 4 songs are godly and the fact they're back to back is perfection. 

Adaptation is 
pimp.gif
 though
Took me forever to get through Kissland because I had Adaptation on repeat for a minute.

Kissland just puts you in that zone alone. But with a woman there with you vibing to it......good times.

Back
Top Bottom