The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
More and more I listen to kissland, I distance it from the trilogy...it's literally not the same vibe. I see why some ppl don't **** with it. It's dope to me but it's definitely not as good
Funny you say that as this morning's commute was accompanied by KL.

Half way through the album, I concluded (or rather, reaffirmed) that KissLand is perfection. I forgot where I was, where I was going, and even the simple fact that I was out in public. KissLand is an experience. Yes, it's different from the mixtapes, but it's still rooted in the vibes of the music that lead to it.

if you commit to this ride, there's no turning back
I agree. the more i listen Kissland the more i realize its one of the most amazing pieces of music i've ever heard. 

1st four songs on KL :pimp:

Only thing that can rival that is
Birds 1&2
Gone
Rolling stone
Heaven or Las Vegas

Last edited:
All this KL talk
pimp.gif

I put it on the same level as The Trilogy

The reason The Trilogy is on a pedestal for some, IMO, is because of the timing and the fact that it was so unique. I understand why some would elevate The Trilogy based off the fact that it was just the first offering from the Gawd

I didn't come to appreciate KL until probably a month or two after it released because of the very fact I was trying to compare it to The Trilogy-- but when it finally clicked with me, **** was life changing tbh. You have to separate the two projects if you want to truly embrace KL

Last edited:
HOB will always be goat to me I think, music is so subjective and like Vincent just said, very timely. Hob came out at a time when I was all about that life; that music just clicked with me.

It's the same reason why I love earned it. It's on some grown up sexy ****, I like to think I've grown up past the drugs and all that. :lol:

Last edited:
it bottles my mind that people can't/don't mess with kissland.

the 1st 4 songs on that album just put me in a zone.
   Soon as "It's ideally....you need someone to tell you how to feel.." 

favorite part of Professional when he says " So you're somebody now,but what's a somebody in a nobody town...I don't think you even know it" 
sick.gif

Every time he says that I think of every girl I know who look just decent in person but be having 2k + followers as a twitter honey and 300+ Likes on IG

I been trying to get this money like I got a couple kids who rely on me

:pimp:
Honey please
You never thought you'd ever see my face again
But your love just swayed the lies
When he stared into your eyes
He just might be too good for you
You're almost dead to him
You're sleeping with a frozen heart
Well baby girl it's over now
And you can always count on me
Your unshackled boy, unrestrainted touch
So immune to love

When I first heard The Town. Brought back so much memories. After a breakup with an ex that did me dirty I became semi heartless. Girls I worked with loved tellin me their business with there man. I was that shoulder to cry on that I really wasn't trying to be. Just trying to help.
I was just that unshackled boy

Honey please
You never thought you'd ever see my face again
But your love just swayed the lies
When he stared into your eyes
He just might be too good for you
You're almost dead to him
You're sleeping with a frozen heart
Well baby girl it's over now
And you can always count on me
Your unshackled boy, unrestrainted touch
So immune to love

When I first heard The Town. Brought back so much memories. After a breakup with an ex that did me dirty I became semi heartless. Girls I worked with loved tellin me their business with there man. I was that shoulder to cry on that I really wasn't trying to be. Just trying to help.
I was just that unshackled boy
So were you banging said co workers?

You're a true savage :lol:
Lol not really bro. I'm down to earth, listen, and sympathize. I've been the type to treat others how you would wanna be treated cuz if that happened to me I'd be heated. But it went down for 2 reasons.
These dudes were true a** holes
Sometimes a man can help it.
^^ and the last reason right here is what's going to get me in trouble lol. I'm happy with what I have now but damn some of the yambs I see.

You're a true savage :lol:
Lol not really bro. I'm down to earth, listen, and sympathize. I've been the type to treat others how you would wanna be treated cuz if that happened to me I'd be heated. But it went down for 2 reasons.
These dudes were true a** holes
Sometimes a man can help it.
^^ and the last reason right here is what's going to get me in trouble lol. I'm happy with what I have now but damn some of the yambs I see.

Man this married chick I used to work with used to tell me ALL her business and flirt with me like everyday. I didn't smash though, she was married with a kid and I got a rule when dealing with chicks like that. She still texts me every now and then. Calling me boo and stuff. Broads are scandalous lol.

Man this married chick I used to work with used to tell me ALL her business and flirt with me like everyday. I didn't smash though, she was married with a kid and I got a rule when dealing with chicks like that. She still texts me every now and then. Calling me boo and stuff. Broads are scandalous lol.
Foreal man. They are the true savages.

Yeah, I've never really been sold on DD. I actually deleted it out of my iTunes when EoS first dropped. Does nothing for me. :lol:

MJ's version is forever a classic. One of my favorite songs of all time. :pimp:

His cover was dope to me. I love MJ's version but I always thought MJ was outta place singing that, it feels like a Prince record.

Last edited:
Young Gawd on IG put up a clip of the "Earned it" video.

I'm seeing that movie solo just to try and catch a girl also solo....hopefully a cougar... :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom