The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
ICFMF is easily the weakest to me, if any other artist sang it, I wouldn't even give it a second listen 

Whos singing pop songs about Coke though??

Miguel? Frank Ocean? I don't listen to him but maybe Trey Songz? R. Kelly?

And you said it...pop songs. The thing that has always made the weeknd stand out to me was the dark atmosphere that surrounded his sound. Like you can mean mug while listening to high pitched vocals. I have never been an R&B fan but love the Weeknd. It was like a rappers R&B singer.

I am not saying the new stuff is bad because i like wanderlust in the same vein. But a whole album of that and i feel like i have lost my favorite musician out right now. But Mood Music (the hills) gives me hope. That song puts me right in the place.

I have only listened to In the night. And its good i like it but i hope its the minority of the album sound.

Miguel yee, Frank yee.
I agree that the sound/atmosphere is a part of what made him unique, but his ability to hit notes & his songwriting I think also played a big part in that.
Look at KL, that album has a whole different sound to it & it still goes.

Imo even if the sound goes, the content & the singing will still be there.
Also too I think its better to go with new sounds than to keep pimping the dark atmospheric stuff. Itll get too repitive.

Whos singing pop songs about Coke though??
So because it's about coke it's automatically good music? If you folks rock with it, I'm happy for them. Personally I think it's a pretty bland track

The Hills music video dropping :wow:  did the CDQ drop as well???

Naa not even,cmon man. The thing I was trying to say was nobody could make something like this rn. A drug pop song with Michael esque vocals, dont see how its generic,unless you mean generic for him.

Imma stop though, starting to stan :lol:

It's all good bro, just different perspectives is all. Flourish 
pimp.gif

Is there an explicit CDQ version of The Hills out?

I'm in class can't wait to listen
mean.gif
I remember being in class years ago when tracks would drop, I'd excuse myself from class 
laugh.gif
 didn't matter what was going on at the moment

Or if it wasn't important, best believe I was turning up on the laptop or computer, gyrating like Quint in my seat

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to pirate that Explicit version. Can't buy 2 mp3s of the same song off of principle :lol:.

Last edited:
Yo i was just gunna say my man got bruce jenner at the end 
laugh.gif

Video is crazy though...song is flames

Who produced The Hills?

edit: Guess it was Illangelo, so glad they're working together again. :pimp:

Last edited:
Was his inspiration for In The 90's

I wonder how often he kicks it with these 90's babies. Pretty dangerous

Last edited:
I remember being in class years ago when tracks would drop, I'd excuse myself from class :lol:  didn't matter what was going on at the moment

Or if it wasn't important, best believe I was turning up on the laptop or computer, gyrating like Quint in my seat

:lol: you wild bro

laugh.gif
you wild bro
I specifically recall a morning when show tickets were going on sale, and I KNEW it would get sold out quick. I got to class super early, before anyone was even in the room, just to set up the website so I could cop. Eventually one of the quieter cute girls in class came by and sat down a few desks away. She noticed what I was doing and proceeded to hit me with the "omg you like The Weeknd too?"

Was a great semester 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom