The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
Thank you for this savagery. I need to get it all out before Ramadan starts.

Rep this man! :rofl:

I remember being in class years ago when tracks would drop, I'd excuse myself from class :lol:  didn't matter what was going on at the moment

Or if it wasn't important, best believe I was turning up on the laptop or computer, gyrating like Quint in my seat

I did that when Often and Or Nah dropped. :smh: :lol:
I think I remember saying something about it in this thread.

The Hills, man. :smh:
I gave up trying to hold off on it since March, so I knew what to expect... But even still, the CDQ and visuals to go along with it... :smh:

I woke up, checked a text message on my phone, closed out the app and saw that NT was still open in the back ground. Clicked on it, and there it is. The Hills vevo. Just casually sitting there on the page like its nothing. I hopped up out the bed and ran straight to my speakers to blast it. Now that is how you start your day off right. :lol:

LL

I hope this album ain't filled with ICFMF and In The Night tracks. I can't mess with those songs at all.

In The 90's and The Hills are fire. That's the sound we need. And hopefully he's still making 5+ minute songs.

My favorite artist right now easily...

Ain't even mad if he drops a few pop songs... Honestly that's the nature of the game... It was gonna happen one way of another... Especially after the success of "Earned it"

Long as he keeps dropping gems like "the hills" he's good in my eyes.

Mood Music, man :pimp:. Been waiting for something like this since "Often."

Side note: Are those dudes on KTT making stuff up or is the album gonna be a double disc? :nerd:

Last edited:
I'm really interested in seeing the structure of the album and how well the tracks are arranged. Order never really mattered on the Trilogy, since those were all their own masterpieces. Kiss Land's structure is still that of legend (minus Tears in the Rain of course :lol:). But with tracks like ICFMF, I'm interested in seeing how it all meshes together. Personally I rock with everything that's out now minus ICFMF. In the 90s is very reminiscent of Belong to the World to me right now. Upon hearing the CDQ of the hills, it's back in contention for top 10 Weekend of all time, just barely edging out In the 90s
-ye shrugs

ICFMF -thumbs down
In the night :pimp: 
In the 90s :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
The Hills: :x

Last edited:
I don't even know what to say man. This is God level artistry. I'm not even upset at the branching out music as they are a joy to listen to as well.

But The Hills, bruhhhh, it's already one of my favorite Weeknd cuts.

ALREADY.

Yes, I need those 7 minute or longer tracks where he just starts mumbling and what not

This album so far is bi polar :lol:

I Remeber when Thursday came out and I would sing along and also mumble the words and make that face as I'm singing, faded. Thursday and Gone, I would mumble and make that face.

I really need a track with a verse like In Vein, or Love in the Sky, or Tears in the Rain.

After waiting week after week, Thursday after Thursday, tweet after tweet, IG post after IG post, telling myself I'd stop listening to the Coachella and SXSW performances only to give in time after time... It's still Mood Music to me. 
laugh.gif

Dog, he has 4 tracks leaked and his album aint even titled yet 
roll.gif

I hope he not counting Often, Earned It or King of the Fall as tracks on the new album 
frown.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom